ADVERTISEMENT

Who is at greater fault, Freeman or Swarbrick

How many assistant coaches would Urban be allowed to physically abuse their wives, and stay on the staff?

Ok, nobody is asking for that kind of leniency and culture. Nor do I think Urban promotes it.

He probably sees academic restrictions as the main impediment: recruiting.

Ok, nobody is asking for that kind of leniency and culture. Nor do I think Urban promotes it.

Also players who get felonies. Google Florida, player felony arrests, and Urban Meyer.

Also google Aaron Hernandez, murder, and Florida, while you are at it.

Also google Aaron Hernandez, murder, and Florida, while you are at it.

I get that…but did Urban defend much less promote this? And more importantly, do you think he needs tolerance of such criminality to coach at ND?

I don’t recall ever reading this.

Reactions: NDinNJ
How many player felonies would Urban be allowed? As many as Florida?

Google Aaron Hernandez, Florida, and murder. That dude committed murder at Florida long before his conviction, and it was one big coverup.
Have you seen Kelly's players or did you just look the other way? Cierre Wood (murder), Prince Shembo (rape), Ashton White, Max Redfield, Kevin Stepherson Jr, Dexter Williams and Te’von Coney, ( gun charges, drugs, etc.), Michael Floyd, Tommy "Reeces Pieces" Rees.

Reactions: TPirish
Have you seen Kelly's players or did you just look the other way? Cierre Wood (murder), Prince Shembo (rape), Ashton White, Max Redfield, Kevin Stepherson Jr, Dexter Williams and Te’von Coney, ( gun charges, drugs, etc.), Michael Floyd, Tommy "Reeces Pieces" Rees.
Ouch!

There are outliers and ND in no way fostered the worst behaviors. It’s similar to comparing Armies. Some soldiers take matters into their own hands, but it’s not our values and we mitigate and prosecute.

ND does its best to foster good academic and social behavior. More so than factory schools. I honestly don’t see the comparison…as ND simply can’t recruit in depth the most at risk athletes on academics alone.

I still don’t see that Meyer espoused this, even at FL. More likely to happen. More likely for admins to look the other way as much as they can. But nobody is pushing the worst behavior…this being a matter or statistical risk.

I get that…but did Urban defend much less promote this? And more importantly, do you think he needs tolerance of such criminality to coach at ND?

I don’t recall ever reading this.
No one read about Aaron Hernandez and the murder he committed while he played at Florida. That was the point. That murder, that was never prosecuted, was one of numerous felonies that were committed while Urban was at Florida.

Last edited:
Not to mention Kelly's fateful negligence in the tragic death of Declan Sullivan. And Jack Swarbrick when asked about the weather that day said it was "unremarkable". There were hurricane like winds all day that day in the midwest. These are people that Notre Dame kept employed. So, no doubt about it, Urban Meyer is a much better person than both of those scumbags.

Not to mention Kelly's fateful negligence in the tragic death of Declan Sullivan. And Jack Swarbrick when asked about the weather that day said it was "unremarkable". There were hurricane like winds all day that day in the midwest. These are people that Notre Dame kept employed. So, no doubt about it, Urban Meyer is a much better person than both of those scumbags.
Urban was most recently fired by Ohio State for harboring an assistant coach who was beating the shit out of his wife,. I am certain you would like Urban Meyer at Notre Dame as well,

Urban was most recently fired by Ohio State for harboring an assistant coach who was beating the shit out of his wife,. I am certain you would like Urban Meyer at Notre Dame as well,
We all know all we need to know about you with your undying support and admiration for Kelly and Swarbrick. It tells us what a piece of sh*t you truly are. Now go stalk someone else, troll.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I wouldn't go that far, but pointing out that for all the people on here bashing Urban Meyer for his players and his actions, Kelly was far from clean.

Goes back to what Christ said, "Let he is without sin cast the first stone"

for the current offensive coordinator situation?

I truly don’t know if Freeman had a real chance at hiring another OC or not. Did Swarbrick basically force Parker on him, or was that Freeman’s choice?

Freeman is very inexperienced, that would’ve led me to believe ND would’ve hired a seasoned OC, but we gave the reigns of the offense to a TE’s coach who has never been an offensive coordinator.

This makes little sense to me and many of you when they made the announcement felt the same way. The warts were hidden the first few games because of inferior opponents and no tape on how he calls games. It seems that since OSU, the proverbial cat is out of the bag and now ND is looking more like Iowa then Washington on offense.
The AD

They are when nds schedule is front loaded. ND has played 7 games ..one more than most anyone. 3 night games. And 4 straight against ranked teams soon to be 5...without a break.

See hamstring injuries
See physicality regression
See linemen with hands on hips in first quarter vs Louisville

The team is beat up. A bye would have made all the difference

If the team is beat up early in the season, what do you think their condition will be late in the season ?

You obviously don’t understand the inherent value of a bye week.
It has very little to do with the quality of your opposition, it’s almost exclusively related to injury and fatigue as the season matures.

Early season bye weeks aren’t as valuable as mid and late season bye weeks.
At least that’s what my contacts in the NFL tell me.

Last edited:
wow! MF gets the BLAME! for probably the best composite 3 yrs recruiting in memory! Lock him up!

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT