ADVERTISEMENT

Sad day for MD & Notre Dame fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RGC, Sorry to report but that Officer has passed away today. 25 year old kid died, for what??? Sorry to say it but the days of doing active police work are over here in NYC. http://nypdconfidential.com/, Todays article in that link is pretty good. BTW that author is a left wing guy but I think writes pretty good articles on the NYPD. 50% of the cops hate him and I'm sure today, The left wing hates him.

I love antiabortion protesters. Murder of millions of babies is wrong. A huge stain on this country.

No religious group has the right to inflict their viewpoint on others. Just an example of Christians who want their own version of sharia law.

And it's nice to call people "thugs" from the comfort of your own suburban living room when you actually have no idea what conditions they live in OR the facts surrounding whatever they do.

If you're going to advocate for people to wait to judge until they get all the facts, maybe you should do the same thing yourself.

I have no idea what conditions they live in? The comfort of MY own living room is Gary, Indiana. I was born and raised there also. The Glen Park section of Gary. Bad. A dude was just shot and killed walking his dog who was also shot in broad morning daylight very close to my residence so don't preach to me about suburban living. I know first hand what a thug is. I grew up with thugs and went to HS with thugs. Thugs continue to roam Gary and the Glen Park section. Now, you have anything else to say about the facts? This is too good. Another "smartest guy in the room" type poster has no idea what the Indiana Religious Freedom law even says. He never read it and never ever will. But, that doesn't stop the guy from slinging accusations and assumptions and anti-Christian camel slop and tries to pass it off as the truth. Did I mention that he never has read the law and doesn't have a clue what it even says or means?

Reactions: rgc7
Harlem, my friend, good seeing you posting again. I am still having problems with the new format, but trying to get used to in.
It is very sad to see, a good decent young man murdered by a thug. Wonder if the community is going to rally and protest to see that the murdering thug is brought to justiceI ?
The disrespect for authority and disrespect for our laws. Leads to Anachy.
Arson, looting, and violence should be prosecuted ! Rioting and even protest
Should have no influence on the legal system and court decisions. Have we descended in mob rule?
Yes, the few bad cops should be brought to justice, but, in my view, 99 % of the police are putting their lives on the line and trying to protect the law abiding citizens in all communities from the thugs ( of all races ) in our society.
The mayor of Baltimore gave the police orders to stand down the first night. If the community feels the police are the villains, maybe the community
Should ask that the police stand down permanently ?
Let's see how that works out ?

Very sad to see the NYPD officer does. None of us should ever forget when thousands fled the World Trade Center to police and firemen headed in; 443 to their deaths!

I have no idea what conditions they live in? The comfort of MY own living room is Gary, Indiana. I was born and raised there also. The Glen Park section of Gary. Bad. A dude was just shot and killed walking his dog who was also shot in broad morning daylight very close to my residence so don't preach to me about suburban living. I know first hand what a thug is. I grew up with thugs and went to HS with thugs. Thugs continue to roam Gary and the Glen Park section. Now, you have anything else to say about the facts? This is too good. Another "smartest guy in the room" type poster has no idea what the Indiana Religious Freedom law even says. He never read it and never ever will. But, that doesn't stop the guy from slinging accusations and assumptions and anti-Christian camel slop and tries to pass it off as the truth. Did I mention that he never has read the law and doesn't have a clue what it even says or means?

I read the Indiana version of RFRA plenty of times, so, clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about. And I have no idea who "the guy" is that you're referring to. If you're talking about me, I'd be interested to hear what "anti-Christian" comments I've made.

You're not the only one who lives in an urban area. Yet, you were more than happy to tell me that I see things through my own "suburban" living room. It's amazing how quickly you cast judgment on people but wish others would wait until more "facts" are out when it's something you care about.

I couldn't agree more. I go away every year with the Firehouse to a ball game. Either Football, baseball, or horse racing. Every one agreed that Baltimore is now on the do not go list. Too bad because their are some good spots in Fells Pointe and Little Italy. But what happens while your there if a controversial shooting or death happens? There is just too many nice spots in America to visit without any problems.

I forgot also O' Donnell Square also had some decent spots.

Me too. Inner Harbor was a regular visit for us. Now NOT for a long time. Baltimore needs LAW & ORDER first....yes for everyone including residents, taxpayers and visitors. Sad....very sad.

Ewing has learned a valuable lesson about not knowing the person's background before you debate them. You have no idea what is going on in Gary from the comfort of your suburban living room and you want to debate the issue with me? Gary, Baltimore, Oakland, Detroit. Similar in so many ways. Failed and crime ravaged cities. Terrible public schools. Wasted government dollars by impotent and highly unqualified city officials and school boards. It's impossible to give the coward rock throwers, arsonists, and looters the benefit of the doubt when they are on national TV in all their glory doing the deeds. You have no idea what is going on around these places other than what you see and hear on MSNBC. That's why your opinion on the issue is meaningless. And yes, here's an idea for Muffet and the gals for next season since they set precedent with social commentary. "Police Lives Matter......RIP Brian Moore".

Reactions: Bodizephax
Ewing has learned a valuable lesson about not knowing the person's background before you debate them. You have no idea what is going on in Gary from the comfort of your suburban living room and you want to debate the issue with me? Gary, Baltimore, Oakland, Detroit. Similar in so many ways. Failed and crime ravaged cities. Terrible public schools. Wasted government dollars by impotent and highly unqualified city officials and school boards. It's impossible to give the coward rock throwers, arsonists, and looters the benefit of the doubt when they are on national TV in all their glory doing the deeds. You have no idea what is going on around these places other than what you see and hear on MSNBC. That's why your opinion on the issue is meaningless. And yes, here's an idea for Muffet and the gals for next season since they set precedent with social commentary. "Police Lives Matter......RIP Brian Moore".

And you have no idea where I live. Or where any other posters live. Yet, you were more than happy to say that it was easy for people to make judgments from the comfort of their own suburban living room.

I see that when you call out people without knowing the facts, then it's perfectly OK. But if someone makes an assumption about you, then that's wrong.

Hypocrite.

Ewing has learned a valuable lesson about not knowing the person's background before you debate them.

This is lunacy. I hardly think Ewing has learned a lesson from you; likely he has more clearly learned you are unable to debate rationally without recourse to delusion. You know equally less about any poster and yet you frequently claim to know their thinking.

It is obviously difficult for you to understand the concept of anonymous posting.
http://www.mjsite.com/pages/j5housebig.htm

The Irish have also been known to riot. Two incidents that come to mind are the New York City Civil War Draft Riots and the 1969 Northern Ireland riots. Just a reminder for those who dismiss all rioters as "thugs".

It is obviously difficult for you to understand the concept of anonymous posting.
http://www.mjsite.com/pages/j5housebig.htm

Been up and down their block many times over the years as I grew up just across the expressway from them. The Five actually played at a couple of dances and clubs in Gary,including my HS before they made it big. They had a nice hit on a Gary label called "Big Boy" that got some local airplay. Back then, the lads played mostly Motown and James Brown cover stuff. You knew that little Michael had "it" even back then.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/no-charges-for-officer-who-tony-robinson-in-his-own-home/
The Wisconsin police officer who fatally shot an unarmed teenager in his own home has just been told that he will not face any charges.

“I conclude that this tragic and unfortunate death was the result of a lawful use of deadly police force and that no charges should be brought against Officer Kenny in the death of Tony Robinson Jr.,” Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne announced on Tuesday.
The shooting death of Tony Robinson, an unarmed African American 19-year-old, by a Caucasian police officer led to local protesters to take the streets immediately after the shooting. The mainstream media largely ignored this story until alternative media outlets like Counter Current News and Cop Block spread it like wild fire throughout social media.

Officer Kenny shot and killed the unarmed African American teen inside his friends apartment where he had been staying. By late Friday night that week, protests were spontaneously breaking out in the streets.

Police say that the shooting occurred after a “struggle” inside of the residence, according to Madison Police Chief Mike Koval.

The first reports from Madison said that the officer was responding reports of a “disturbance” in an apartment, according to the DailyCardinal, the student newspaper of the University of Wisconsin at Madison.

“The officer did draw his revolver and subsequently shot the subject,” Koval said.
You’re not protecting us! You’re killing us!” Robinson’s grandmother shouted at police who assembled to apparently intimidate peaceful, but visibly angry, protesters who rallied in the streets Friday into early Saturday. Shortly after that, however, the protests died down, in the hopes that the voice of the people had been heard.

The police union praised Tuesday’s announcement.

“We believe the district attorney’s decision today to exonerate Officer Matthew Kenny was appropriate,” Wisconsin Professional Police Association Executive Director Jim Palmer said in a statement. “The exhaustive, independent and transparent investigation into this tragic incident has confirmed that Officer Kenny’s actions on the night of March 6 were lawful and in response to a deadly threat, from which Officer Kenny sustained numerous injuries, including a concussion.
The announcement that Officer Kenny will not be charged drew strong criticism from Robinson’s family.

“This is politics, and not justice,” grandmother Sharon Irwin said.

Andrea Irwin, Robinson’s mother, explained that she was so outraged when she heard the decision not to prosecute, that she had to leave the room.

“I’m heartbroken and I’m angry,” she said in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “I’m more than upset, almost something that I can’t even describe right now.”

Attorney Jon Loevy said the family’s investigation into the case is continuing, but he declined to answer questions from reporters about it.

“We have more questions than you do,” he said, “and we don’t have answers.”

http://therundownlive.com/two-balti...ht-on-video-looting-711-during-april-riots-2/
Home
Articles
198170-thumb-750x400.jpg

Two Baltimore Law Enforcement Officers Caught on Video Looting 7/11 During April Riots
TheRundownLive

May 14, 2015

Articles, News, Thought, update

1 Comment
John Vibes | FreeThoughtProject

Baltimore, Maryland – It was reported this week that two Baltimore corrections officers were arrested for looting during the riots that took place last month. According to The Baltimore Sun, Tamika Cobb and Kendra Richard were seen on video looting the now infamous 7-Eleven on W. Baltimore Street.

Both officers were charged with theft and burglary and placed on paid administrative leave. Their bails were set at $35,000.

The video shows Richard holding Slim Jims and Cobb holding a bag of chips.

According to Baltimore Sun:

Public Safety and Correctional Services Secretary Stephen T. Moyer praised investigators for “immediately” following up on a tip that led to the officers’ arrest.

The fact that some of the looters are now confirmed as members of law enforcement raises the question of whether or not they were agent provocateurs, sent in to create a pretense for police violence.

Agent Provocateurs are people that work for the police, but pretend to be a part of an anti-establishment crowd. While undercover, these agents commit acts of violence and vandalism to give the police a pretense to use force against the demonstrators. Once the agent smashes one window or throws one rock on behalf of the group they have infiltrated, the authorities are able to send in the heavy guns and turn the protest into a war zone.

We will not allow the vast majority of our employees who are honest and hardworking to be tainted by the actions of a few,” Public Safety and Correctional Services Secretary Stephen T. Moyer said in a statement.

http://therundownlive.com/2014-51-cops-killed-vs-1100-citizens-killed-by-cops/
2014: 51 Cops Killed VS 1,100 Citizens Killed by Cops
The Rundown Live

May 13, 2015

Anti, Articles, News, update

Carey Wedler | ANTIMEDIA

Corporate media distorts reality of law enforcement deaths in 2014.
A new preliminary FBI report shows that in 2014, 51 police officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty. The FBI notes that this is an 89% increase from 2013, when only 27 officers were killed on the job. Though the media swiftly parroted this news and noted the “spike” in officers killed on duty, the details tell a more complicated story than a simple jump in homicides.

While the statistics do show that more officers died in 2014 than 2013, the specifics reveal a less than dire picture for America’s police. First, it is true that the number of “ambushes” on officers increased—by a single case (from 7 in 2013 to 8 in 2014). Still, the largest increases came at traffic stops (3 in 2013 to 10 in 2014) and disturbance calls (5 in 2013 to 11 in 2014). The number of “pre-meditated” attacks did jump by 3, but still accounted for one of the smallest increases in officer deaths. While murders during traffic stops and disturbance calls are relevant, they do not denote as much hostility toward police as outright ambushes and pre-meditated attacks.

Further, while any form of murder is tragic, it is important to look at the long-term trends. Even the FBI notes that the annual average number of police deaths from 1980-2014 was 64. This means that in spite of the sensational 89% increase in murder, the 51 figure is still lower than the three-decade average. The National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial Fund hasalso noted that the rate of officer homicides has dropped steadily since the 1970s, where it peaked at an average of 127.

Additionally, almost as many police officers died in accidents as were murdered in 2014. Out of 44 accidental deaths, 28 were car accidents. Of those 28, 15 were not wearing seatbelts.

While the report appears to denote a marked shift in law enforcement deaths, thereby drumming up sympathy for officers, what it actually reveals is much simpler: that even though one year out of dozens saw an increase in murder against police, the number of officers killed is still monumentally tiny compared to the number of citizens killed by police in 2014.

With 51 officers killed and 1,000 citizens killed by cops, citizens were murdered by police at 21.5 times the rate of officers in 2014. In other words, the number of police killed by citizens amounted to barely 5% of the total murders committed by police.

The disparity is likely much greater. Since police are not required to report on who they kill, the numbers the federal government has are submitted voluntarily. Only 750 of 17,000 of local departments submit data. In 2013, this led to a monumental inaccuracy in statistics. AsReason summarized:

The FBI’s statistics for 2013 say that law enforcement officers killed 461 people that year. Killedbypolice.net apparently got its start last year. Using their system of monitoring by news report, they have calculated that police actually killed 748 people between May and December. That’s 287 more than the FBI reports for the whole year.

The 1,100 figure for 2014 is from the same independent aggregator of police murderers, aptly called killedbypolice.net. Even those numbers are not complete considering there is no central authority demanding full records from local police.

While murder is wrong and violence against police officers is a sure way to empower the police state, it is willful ignorance for authorities to ignore the reasons why officers are attacked. Though the federal government has created bureaucracies and commissions to deal with the issue, police still receive military equipment. They still escape prison time, even when caught killing on camera. Body camera laws often offer exemptions to keep evidence from the public. Thousands of families are denied answers and justice because of the thin blue line and the federal government’s compliance.

Just as violent American militarism creates hostile resistance from occupied countries, those targeted unjustly by police are growing increasingly restless and discontent. Protests and disdain for police are a disruptive symptom of even more disruptive policing and authoritarianism.

Rather than reacting to opposition with riot gear, armored vehicles, suppression of free speech, and the military, police who are truly concerned with threats on officers’ lives will benefit from examining why people are so frustrated with them in the first place.

This article (2014: 51 Cops Killed VS 1,100 Citizens Killed by Cops) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and TheAntiMedia.org. Tune in! The Anti-Media radio show airs Monday through Friday @ 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific. Help us fix our typos: edits@theantimedia.org.

http://www.infowars.com/document-jade-helm-commander-plans-to-operationalize-the-conus-base/
Special Ops Command seeks to “Operationalize” the homeland; “…informationally aware, smartphone‐enabled urban populations and their satisfaction—or lack of satisfaction—with local, regional, and even global conditions…” presents challenge to military.
Is Jade Helm part of the plan to “Operationalize the CONUS base”?

Recent military exercises across the country have stirred concern among American citizens rightly concerned about expanding federal power. Rasmussen reports that 45% of voters are concerned that the government “…will use U.S. military training operations to impose greater control over some states…”

One of the largest military exercises to ever be conducted on United States soil is set to begin this July. Titled “Jade Helm” the exercise seeks to “Master the human domain”. Infowars.com has documented the significance of the “Master the human domain” motto of Jade Helm. The military is seeking to gain a full spectrum picture of the everyday lives of their adversaries. This information is used to create threat matrix data on key populations.

Lt. General Charles Cleveland, the Commander of Special Operations, is directing the exercise. Operations Planner and retired Green Beret Thomas Mead confirmed this fact during a Q&A at the Brazos County Commissioners Court in Texas.

General Cleveland penned a strategy document in September of 2014 titled “ARSOF Operating Concept 2022“. The strategy outlined in the document seeks to establish a world-wide network of military influence to gather intelligence on key populations and contain non-state actors, “empowered individuals”, militias, and other “irregular” threats. The document emphasizes the global nature of the threat, noting that the conflict will effectively erase borders.

Cleveland sees an unstable world in the future that will require a capable military force. Cleveland notes the “…major global social, political, informational, and economic trends underway and the converging competition between nation‐states and nonstate actors.”

Cleveland continues, stating that the battlespace of the future will occur in urban terrain, “These forces are intertwined and compete for relative superiority over the physical, cognitive, and moral security and adequate governance of key populations—a competition that will increasingly occur in militarily significant urban terrain.”

In this “Multi-polar world” non-state actors with access to the internet and other communications will be able to influence each other around the globe. The 2022 document elaborates, “The significant difference will be the greater ability of nonstate actors to defend themselves, and to influence or attack other populations…”

In order to counter threats from these groups, Special Operations will utilize various technologies including; Electronic warfare, directed energy, space, robotics, Unmanned vehicles, and low-visibility stealth technologies.

“Operationalize the CONUS base”
Perhaps the most sensational portion of the document comes from the statement that Special Operations wants to “Operationalize the CONUS base“, meaning Continental United States. General Cleveland’s strategy is to utilize civilian assets to support deployed soldiers. The plan seeks to utilize non-governmental agencies, think tanks, academia, and other U.S. government agencies to support Special Operations goal of containing the threat of VEO’s (Violent Extremist Organizations), non-state actors, and other irregular threats.

The plan seeks to create a system to marshal civilian expertise to complete the mission of “enhancing” a host nations governance, stability, security, and rule of law. Under a section titled “Military Support to Governance” the document states:

“Given the U.S. military’s assigned responsibilities in the areas of stability and governance, future joint formations must address shared interests and enhance host nation governance, security, economic development, and the rule of law. Doing so necessitates a system to procure, classify, marshal, and employ the appropriate civilian expertise to support or lead execution of stability tasks aligned with national security objectives.”

This aspect of the Special Operations plan as it relates to the Jade Helm exercise raises highly concerning questions. The fact that conservative areas of the United States are listed as “Hostile” in the Jade Helm map should be concerning to citizens. General Cleveland’s strategy is clearly global in nature, and clearly states that the conflict has effectively erased borders, leaving the option of domestic operations on the table.

The language of the 2022 document is very similar to an Atlantic Council article published last year which warned of the decline of the “New world order” as non-state actors and empowered individuals threaten to destabilize the globe. The Atlantic Council is a Washington D.C. based think tank that has ties to highly influential policy makers. The 2014 piece, written by “shock and awe” doctrine author Harlan K. Ullman, laments the fact that George H.W. Bush’s dream of a “new world order” is failing. Ullman says that the State is being “…made obsolete by the empowerment of individuals and non-state actors.” Ullman states that an“extraordinary crisis” is needed to counteract this trend.

This post first appeared at Old-Thinker News.

http://www.infowars.com/documents-t...es-felt-while-screeners-roared-with-laughter/
DOCUMENTS: TSA SEXUAL ABUSE RIFE; TRAVELERS HAVE BREASTS, PENISES FELT WHILE SCREENERS ‘ROAR WITH LAUGHTER’
"Stuck his hands down his pants and grabbed the top of his penis and placed his fingers in his butt crack…"

Image Credits: Mark Lyon / Flickr.

by STEVE WATSON | INFOWARS | MAY 13, 2015

Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information act have revealed that TSA sexual abuse is still rife in airports across the nation, with Americans complaining of being sexually harassed and groped while screeners laugh and sneer at them.

The documents were uncovered by Judicial Watch, the accountability group who last year filed a lawsuit for more information on alleged sexual assaults at the hands of TSA.

The material comprises 58 pages of passenger complaints from 2013 alone that detail alleged assaults at Dulles International Airport, Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Denver International Airport, Miami International Airport, and Los Angeles International Airport.

Clearly these documents present only a snapshot of what is going on at every airport in the US every day.

Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch, noted that the watchdog group had to fight to get hold of the public records, indicating that “the TSA is more interested in a cover-up than in addressing the problem that its employees violate innocent travelers too often, sexually or otherwise.”

Here is a taster of what the documents contain:

July 5, 2013, “TSA Contact Center Record,” O’Hare Airport:

The female TSO then proceeded to roughly feel of [sic] her breast including her nipples. The TSO didn’t go under her arms or along her sides. She indicated that she did not receive a proper pat down. The search was limited to her breast… Two other individuals came over to where the supervisor and gentleman were and they began laughing. The caller indicated that the incident was not the business of the other two officers and not a show for them. The caller indicated that even the Supervisor, along with the others, began to roar with laughter.

July 29, 2013, “To/From Memo,” O’Hare Airport:

The person began to tell me how TSO [redacted] stuck his hands down his pants and grabbed the top of his penis and placed his fingers in his butt crack… The person was sure that he was violated and wanted to talk to a supervisor…. He said he is going to file a police report with Chicago Police Department and file a lawsuit against TSA and Officer [redacted] and walked away.”

April 7, 2013, at Denver International Airport:

At approximately 14:10 hours on the South Checkpoint, near lane 4 a passenger complained that he sustained an injury resulting from the aggressive actions of the the [sic] TSO [Transportation Security Officer] conducting a pat down search…The passenger stated during the pat-down search he was struck very hard in the groin area, which caused him pain to his left testical [sic].

October 19, 2013, “TSA Contact Center Record,” Los Angeles Airport:

She [TSA agent] then placed full palms squarely on my breasts and then moved around my breasts again. She then placed both palms against my breasts and I was shocked, humiliated, alarmed and assaulted and said ‘Stop! What are you doing? That’s not ok.’… I reported this to TSA Supervisor … She got the manager [redacted] and he said he would look at the video and TSA would send me a letter but it would not tell me the resolution and that I did not have a right to view the video… I will not be sexually assaulted at the airport. As a taxpayer, I pay for the TSA.”

July 6, 2013, “TSA Contact Center Record,” O’Hare Airport:

Caller indicates that her mother feels as though she was singled out because she was a breast cancer survivor and the caller feels as though this is extremely discriminatory. Caller indicates that the breast is an extremely intimate place that should not be rubbed in the manner that it was. Caller expressed that her mother feels extremely violated and the caller feels that being violated in this manner is on the same level as rape. Caller has indicated that her mother will never travel again because of the pat down that she received.

As InfoWars has exhaustively documented, the TSA has a long history of hiring perverts, sexual predators and criminals, so it hardly comes as a surprise that screeners would take advantage of the intrusive pat down procedure for their own gratification.

Last month, Two TSA screeners working at Denver International Airport were fired after it emerged that they had concocted a perverted scheme in order to purposefully grope the genitals of men they found attractive for their own sexual gratification.

The groping of genitals and private areas has been ongoing for years, so it is possible that schemes such as this have been played out in airports nationwide. It is particularly disturbing to note that even children have been regularly exposed to the TSA’s perverted tyranny.

Earlier in the year, a former TSA worker from O’Hare wrote an article for POLITICO detailing how it is merely routine behaviour for TSA agents to exploit their positions for perverted gratification. In the piece entitled “Dear America, I saw you naked” the former agent noted that it is part of a culture within TSA for workers to ogle naked body images from security scanners.

—————————————————————-

Steve Watson is a London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham, and a Bachelor Of Arts Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from Nottingham Trent University.

http://truthvoice.com/2015/05/police-abuse-costing-taxpayers-big-money/
Police Abuse Costing Taxpayers Big Money
Police Brutality
May 12, 2015
A+A-
SHARE ON EMAILEMAILSHARE ON PRINTPRINT

When African Americans are faced with police misconduct, they are often told to seek justice in the courts, but that doesn’t always work. Courts seem to be reluctant to hand down heavy sentences on police officers. Bay Area Rapid Transport Police Officer Johannes Mehserle, who shot Oscar Grant in the back in 2009, did less than two years in jail. St. Louis County District Attorney Bob McCulloch, who comes from a family of police officers, declined to charge Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson, who killed Michael Brown last year.

Many Black families are seeking compensation in civil suits, and cities seem to be more than happy to pay hefty sums to settle these cases. However, bad policing is costing taxpayers a lot of money as cities and municipalities spend millions to defend and settle police abuse cases. According to the Baltimore Sun, the city has paid $5.7 million to settle police abuse cases since 2011. The New York Police Department, which has a long-standing history of abuse against African-Americans, has cost the city of New York millions. The New York Post reported the city paid more than $185 million to settle cases against the NYPD in 2011 alone. In Arizona, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is known, by many, for overseeing an abusive police department. However, Maricopa County is so quick to settle police abuse cases that personal injury lawyers see Arpaio’s department as an ATM. According to the Arizona Republic, lawsuits against Maricopa County have cost taxpayers $44 million.

Dr. Cassi Fields, founder of Fields Consulting Group, has trained and tested police officers at metropolitan areas and municipalities across the country. She said cities mull over several issues before deciding to settle police abuse cases. They weigh the odds of winning and the cost of defending the case. A lot of times it comes down to money.

“They settle if it is the easiest and least costly way,” Fields said.

According to Fields, cities and municipalities prepare to deal with lawsuits. They face a barrage of legal challenges, many are not just for police abuse. Most cities have a team of lawyers on hand to deal with this, Fields said. And in some cases, cities set aside money to deal with potential lawsuits.

But, Fields thinks the system is not working. Cities keep shelling out money to defend and settle police abuse cases. However, she thinks the money would be better spent in improving police testing and training.

Fields pointed out most officers undergo rigorous training in police academies. The training lasts from 16-20 weeks and includes psychological, physical and weapons training. However, once they graduate, there is little follow-up training.

“I believe we are seeing a selection and training problem,” Fields said. “Police officers don’t train constantly.”

Fields says taxpayers need to take a closer look at how cities spend their dollars.

“We, as citizens who are taxpayers, have a minimal understanding of how our tax dollars are spent,” Fields said.

She recommends taxpayers go over city budgets with a fine-tooth comb and look at how much municipalities spend on items such as police testing and training and legal costs.

Cheryl Wattley, a law professor at the University of North Texas at Dallas, says filing a civil case against a police department or municipality can be a lengthy process. She filed several excessive force cases against the Dallas Police Department and other area police agencies when she was working in private practice.

She estimated it took about two to four years for a case to be settled. There are several issues to be considered such as if there are criminal charges to be filed. Wattley also said plaintiffs have to show that the departments have a pattern of abuse.

According to Wattley, financial settlements are either covered by the municipalities or their insurance companies. Some cities opt to insure themselves and are less likely to settle, since the terms are subject to open records, Wattley said.

However, a civil suit can do more than just impose a financial penalty on a city. If a lawsuit reveals a clear pattern of abusive behavior, it can force police agencies to address those problems and make structural changes.

“Civil lawsuits can be much more effective than getting money awarded,” Wattley said.

Kevin Sali, a Portland, Oregon-based attorney who has filed civil cases against law enforcement agencies, said there are legal reasons why cities and police agencies are eager to settle. If litigation against a city or police agency is successful and wins a judgment, it becomes a binding ruling. That makes it easier for other plaintiffs to sue.

Civil suits can win financial settlements. But maybe it time for taxpayers to start insisting their elected officials invest in better trained police officers who avoid costly lawsuits.

Published on atlantablackstar.com by Manny Otiko

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/police-arrest-man-for-saving-dog-from-hot-car/
Police Arrest Man For Saving Dog From Hot Car
May 13, 2015 11:31 am·

A Georgia man learned that “no good deed goes unpunished” when it comes to interactions with the police. That’s because he saved a dog from a baking hot car, thinking that he was doing a good deed. But instead of being rewarded for saving the dog’s life, he was arrested forbreaking into the vehicle in question.

“I heard someone say there was a dog in distress in a hot car,” Michael Hammons, said.

The Desert Storm veteran used his wife’s wheelchair leg and broke the dog out.

An eye-witness, Diane Byard, recounted that she and other shoppers in the area saw the dog locked in a burning hot Mustang. They were contemplating whether they should call the police or break the dog out themselves, she explained.

But that’s when Hammons arrived.

“He says we can’t let this dog die, and he starts smashing the windows,” she told local reporters.

“I’ve got PTSD, and I’ve seen enough death and destruction,” Hammons explained. “And I didn’t want anything else to happen if I could prevent it.”

When the woman who owned the car came out, she ordered local deputies take action and arrest Hammons.

“We would not have made those charges on our own,” Oconee County Chief Deputy Lee Weems tried to rationalize.

“The deputies on scene say the owner of the car and of the dog was very insistent that he be charged with criminal trespassing.”

?
The woman told the cops that she had “only been gone five minutes,” a statement which all eye-witnesses say was completely false.

“It wasn’t just five minutes like the lady stated, it was a lot longer,” Byard countered. “I personally felt the heat in the car; I saw the dog panting. This dog was in distress.”

“If it is 80 degrees outside, within 30 minutes, it will be 114 degrees inside a vehicle, even with the windows cracked,” Byard added.

But the temperature that day in Athens, Georgia was not 80 degrees, it was 90 degrees. Doing the math for you, that means the temperature inside of the Mustang would have been over 150 degrees. It is unlikely that a dog could survive for very long in a car at those temperatures.

(Article by M. David and Jackson Mariana)

Share this:

http://www.mintpressnews.com/the-us...may-be-prepping-for-mass-civil-unrest/205579/
US Isn’t Invading Texas, But Pentagon Is Prepping For Mass Civil Unrest
The Texas governor’s overreaction to upcoming U.S. military exercises has turned the state into a laughingstock, but might there be real risks from growing Pentagon involvement in protest policing?
By MintPress News Desk | May 13, 2015
AP707217785814.jpg
Police watch over protests which erupted after the police killing of Michael Brown, Monday, Nov. 24, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.

MINNEAPOLIS — Experts agree it’s unlikely that Obama is planning to invade Texas, or that the government is secretly using a network of tunnels built under Wal-Mart stores, but Americans should still worry about the effects of increasing militarization in their lives.

Slated to begin on July 15, Jade Helm 15 is a military training exercise that will take place in multiple states throughout the Southwest. The controversial exercise generated many fears about its real intentions. TexasGov. Greg Abbott mobilized the National Guard earlier this month, apparently to quell fears that, “President Obama is about to use Special Forces to put Texas under martial law.” The decision was met with widespread criticism and satirical comment that even included other Republican party leaders like Rick Perry and John McCain.

While some of the more extreme theories stretch the boundaries of believability, they reflect real risks about the increasing presence of the military on U.S. soil and the increasing militarization of domestic security forces like the police. This is especially apparent in light of recent National Guard deployments in Baltimore and Ferguson, Missouri, in the wake of police slayings of black Americans.

Hysteria over Jade Helm 15 has created increased government accountability where there is normally only secrecy. Congress previously failed in its attempts to investigate U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM), the division in charge of Jade Helm, and the Intercept’s Ryan Gallagher suggested, “very little is known about the scope and purpose of [SOCOM operations], given the extreme secrecy that often shrouds them.”

“Whom does this exercise serve: the American public? Special Forces soldiers training for some current or future mission? Defense contractors peddling new weapons for wars that are increasingly being fought by remote control?” asked Justin Peters in Slate on Monday.

He continued:

“SOCOM surely wasn’t going to volunteer this information before the Jade Helmers began complaining, and while it still might not, there is at the very least more public attention now being paid to this organization, and that’s a good thing.”

The Pentagon thinks you’re a ‘potential terrorist’
The military won’t be taking over the Southwest in July, but the Pentagon’s plans to respond to civil unrest with military tactics are real, as national security scholar and investigative journalist Nafeez Ahmed revealed last year in a report for The Guardian.

In 2008, the Department of Defense first funded the “Minerva Research Initiative,” an effort that continues today. Minerva’s efforts included examining “social contagions” in order to understand how protest movements grow, with researchers studying Twitter posts by participants in the Arab Spring and other revolutionary movements.

Ahmed criticized the work funded by Minerva for failing to differentiate between constitutionally-protected protest and armed insurrection, citing a recent project that “conflates peaceful activists with ‘supporters of political violence’ who are different from terrorists only in that they do not embark on ‘armed militancy’ themselves. The project explicitly sets out to study non-violent activists.”

The idea that this research might be linked to exercises like Jade Helm 15 or used against domestic groups is not unrealistic, either. Ahmed interviewed David Price, a St. Martin’s University anthropologist, who cited examples of Pentagon exercises designed to quell protest and free speech. Ahmed reported: “One war-game, said Price, involved environmental activists protesting pollution from a coal-fired plant near Missouri, some of whom were members of the well-known environmental NGO Sierra Club.”

“Security agencies have no qualms about painting the rest of us as potential terrorists,” concluded Ahmed, underscoring that it’s only through the outcry of journalists and regular citizens that we can protect our essential freedoms from military control.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/man-summons-police-to-help-passed-out-girlfriend/
You are here: Home » Cover-Up
Man Asks Police to Help Passed-Out Girlfriend, Cop Rapes Her
May 13, 2015 11:29 am·

A Tavares, Florida man is sorry that he asked a police officer for help. That’s because instead of helping, a Lake County Sheriff’s deputy sexually assaulted the man’s girlfriend.

The 26-year-old woman testified in court on Tuesday. She said that the deputy was going to imprison her boyfriend, even though he was the one who called for help. The deputy promised to let them go on their way if the woman would submit to his sexual advances.

It all happened back on New Year’s Eve 2013. The couple had left their two children home with a family member. It was a rare getaway for the couple, who joined in the New Year’s festivities with friends in Orlando.

The woman acknowledged that they both had a little too much to drink. She says she had a bit too much champagne and “fruity” drinks as 2014 began.

Both she and her boyfriend admit that they should not have gotten behind the wheel of their Cadillac Escalade, and she offered no excuse in her defense for doing so.

But what happened next, she explained, also could not be defended…

The woman had passed out, in the passenger’s seat of the vehicle. When she awoke she saw Deputy Matthew Donnelly standing outside of their SUV.

The victim explained on the stand that the officer told her they were both in a lot of trouble. Her boyfriend, who had been behind the wheel, was going to jail… that is, unless she promised to keep quiet about what the deputy planned to do.

The victim didn’t keep quiet, and as a result, Donnelly was charged with sexual battery by a law enforcement officer. The charge is a serious one, which could land the 37-year-old cop in prison for the rest of his life, if convicted.

“It’s a cop. That doesn’t happen, right?” the woman testified, still in disbelief from the ordeal.

?
Donnelly’s defense attorney, Ed Mills, cross-examined her, claiming that it was all a figment of her imagination.

Her boyfriend also took the stand. He recounted to jurors that he had he flagged down Deputy Donnelly for help. He had not crashed the SUV, but once he saw his girlfriend passed out, from what was a relatively small amount to drink, he feared the worst and sought help.

That much is confirmed by the deputy’s dash-cam footage. But Donnelly disabled the video for a full 23 minutes, during which time the sexual assault took place.

So far, forensic evidence has corroborated key parts of the woman’s testimony, according to Assistant State Attorney Dan Mosley, in his opening statement to the jury.

The trial is set to wrap up Wednesday.

(Article by Reagan Ali and S. Wooten)

http://wearechange.org/school-district-arrests-kids-for-throwing-skittles/
School District Arrests Kids For Throwing Skittles
2d6d461504b45fe4c2b5ab0325d5e0fb
by Alec Cope | May 14, 2015 | Constitution, Headline News, NewWorld Order/Globalization, Police State,US News

Source: Vocative

Earlier this year, an eighth-grader in Louisiana was riding the bus home after school when he and several other students started throwing Skittles at each other. The bus driver asked the kids to knock it off and continued making stops—he didn’t say another word about the Skittles.

The following day, as the boy was taking a social studies test, a police officer assigned to the school handcuffed him, dragged him out of class and arrested him. He was charged with “interference with an educational facility” and battery.

As the officer led the handcuffed teenager out of the school, both students and faculty heard him threaten to “beat the f*** out of [the boy],” or to have his son, who is about the same age, do it for him. The student, who is African-American, spent six days in a juvenile detention facility before seeing a judge, whose first comment was: “Am I to get this right? Are we really here about Skittles?”

It’s not just throwing Skittles—students in the Jefferson Parish School District, the second-biggest in Louisiana, are getting arrested for all kinds of things that would normally get them a trip to the principal’s office, according to a report from the Southern Poverty Law Center. Many of those arrests are for violations like swearing in school, walking in the hallways without a hall pass or having a cellphone on school grounds. Jefferson Parish School District, with its 40,000 students, is far from the only place to let police guard the schools and make arrests. But in Jefferson Parish, claims the SPLC, the police have seriously abused those powers. In the 2011/2012 school year alone, there were 1,629 arrests and referrals to police—by contrast, police working in the school district in the neighboring county, which is of comparable size, made about 150.

What’s more, the vast majority of the students who get arrested are African-American—about 80 percent—even though African-Americans make up less than 40 percent of the student population in Jefferson Parish, according tot he SPLC data.

“The Jefferson Parish Public School System has continued its destructive practice of arresting and jailing children for minor, and often trivial, violations of school rules and decorum,” said Eden Heilman, managing attorney for the SPLC’s Louisiana office. “It’s nothing less than a racially biased system of criminalizing African-American children.”

The sheer number of arrests and the racial disparities prompted the SPLC to ask the Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Education’s civil rights office to investigate the district in 2012. That investigation has gone nowhere, claims SPLC attorney Sara Godchaux. She tells Vocativ episodes like the Skittle incident continue to happen. The SPLC now says it wants to work with the school district and the DOJ to come up with a solution to these problems. But if that fails, it may take legal action.

For its part, the Jefferson Parish School District issued a statement Friday saying, “We are aware of and are very concerned by these allegations. We pledge to work closely with those agencies involved to quickly resolve any issues that we identify. We are committed to ensuring that our students have a safe, healthy environment and are treated equably at all schools.” Vocativ called the school district and the police department, but neither responded to requests for an interview.

Beyond the sheer number of arrests, it’s the leeway police have to decide whom to arrest and for what that is problematic, says the SPLC. Over the course of the 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 school years, there were 164 arrests for “interference with an educational facility.” There were another 124 arrests for the crime of being an “ungovernable juvenile,” and 161 more for crimes like disturbing the peace and being a child in need of supervision. Other crimes, like simple battery, accounted for an additional 174 arrests—but “battery” as it is enforced can include a schoolyard fight but also throwing Skittles at another student.

The SPLC says all of this has created something of a police state. “The officers, acting as agents of the school district, have been given unfettered authority to stop, frisk, detain, question, search and arrest schoolchildren on and off school grounds while they are on duty, without clear guidelines and limitations on what constitutes a school disciplinary issue versus those matters that need to be handled by the police and juvenile court system,” the SPLC wrote in a letter to the DOJ.

The unfettered powers of the police have changed the way students who are arrested view both school and law enforcement, the SPlC says. The boy arrested for throwing Skittles withdrew from school activities like football and basketball. Then, humiliated and angry with the way the school handled the incident, his mother removed him from the school.

In another case, a 10-year-old girl with autism was acting out in her classroom—climbing on desks and pushing over chairs. The girl managed to crawl out a window and climb a tree on the school’s property, so her teacher called the police to take care of her. According to the SPLC report, officers arrived and dragged the girl out of the tree by her ankles. She then was placed in handcuffs and put facedown in the grass. Following her arrest, the girl asked her grandmother, “Why do they hate me?”

“If law enforcement officers are on school grounds at all, they should be there in a very limited capacity–to protect children in the unlikely event of some kind of violent attack,” Heilman said, adding that at Jefferson Parish, “school authorities have inappropriately handed off their responsibility to administer routine school discipline to the police.”

http://theantimedia.org/remember-police-dropped-bomb-neighborhood-philly-neither/
Remember when police dropped a bomb on a neighborhood in Philly? Me neither.
Home»News»Remember when police dropped a bomb on a neighborhood in Philly? Me neither.

AJ Rosario
May 13, 2015

(ANTIMEDIA) The erasure of history, particularly black history and crimes committed against black and brown people, is an essential component that upholds white supremacy. It allows whiteness to be presented as fairly unscathed, save for indigenous peoples that were slaughtered to obtain America… er I mean conquered, as “history” is learned via books that are force-fed to youth in government schools.

Schools that still misteach that America was discovered by Christopher Columbus. Never mind that people were already here or that Columbus never actually set foot onto North America. America did not exist until Columbus and other Europeans began sniffing around is the story the government teaches us; Columbus is touted as a hero, diluting the genocide and violence against indigenous peoples that European settler’s used to colonize this land. On and on unwinds the yarn of falsities disguised as history in America.

For those who are questioning everything and deconstructing truth from utter bullshit, you may or may not know that 30 years ago today, the Philadelphia Police Department dropped a bomb on a west Philly neighborhood. “Whoa!” Right? Dropping bombs in neighborhoods is what terrorists do. Not the good ole police. The Philadelphia Police were targeting MOVE, a Philly-based radical movement dedicated to black liberation. Six adults and five children died, a neighborhood burned, 65 homes were destroyed and 250 people were left homeless. What happened on May 13, 1985 is one of America’s worst known cases of police brutality.

Why is it important to acknowledge and understand the MOVE bombing? Journalist, Mumia Abu-Jamal, who reported extensively on MOVE and is now serving time for killing a cop that he says he did not kill, puts it best: “May 13th at 30, why should we care what happened on May 13th, 1985? I mean, seriously, that was 30 years ago, a long time ago, way back when. Know what I mean? Most people won’t say that, but they think that. Why, indeed? I’ll tell you why. Because what happened then is a harbinger of what’s happening now all across America. I don’t mean bombing people—not yet, that is. I mean the visceral hatreds and violent contempt once held for MOVE is now visited upon average people, not just radicals and revolutionaries like MOVE. In May 1985, police officials justified the vicious attacks on MOVE children by saying they, too, were combatants. In Ferguson, Missouri, as police and National Guard confronted citizens, guess how cops described them in their own files. “Enemies.” Enemy combatants, anyone? Then look at 12-year-old Tamir Rice of Cleveland. Boys, men, girls, women—it doesn’t matter. When many people stood in silence, or worse, in bitter acquiescence, to the bombing, shooting and carnage of May 13, 1985, upon MOVE, they opened the door to the ugliness of today’s police terrorism from coast to coast. There is a direct line from then to now. May 13, 1985, led to the eerie robocop present. If it had been justly and widely condemned then, there would be no now, no Ferguson, no South Carolina, no Los Angeles, no Baltimore. The barbaric police bombing of May 13, 1985, and the whitewash of the murders of 11 MOVE men, women and children opened a door that still has not been closed. We are today living with those consequences. From imprisoned nation, this is Mumia Abu-Jamal.

Drop a bomb on a residential area? I never in my life heard of that,” a neighborhood resident told a reporter on May 13, 1985.It’s like Vietnam.”

For a deeper look at our history lest we be destined to repeat it like we have been doing for the past century, check out: A Basic History of the 1985 MOVE Bombing, MOVE Bombing at 30: “Barbaric” 1985 Philadelphia Police Attack Killed 11 & Burned a Neighborhood, I’m From Philly. 30 Years Later, I’m Still Trying To Make Sense Of The MOVE Bombing. Please feel free to utilize the comments to share information.

This article (Remember When the Police Dropped a Bomb on a Neighborhood in Philly? Me Neither) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and TheAntiMedia.org. Tune in! The Anti-Media radio show airs Monday through Friday @ 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific. Help us fix our typos: edits@theantimedia.org.

http://www.infowars.com/va-refuses-to-help-injured-vet-10-feet-from-hospital-entrance/
VA REFUSES TO HELP INJURED VET ’10-FEET’ FROM HOSPITAL ENTRANCE
“I know it sounds counterintuitive because someone is just 10 feet away, but it is our policy to do that"

by MIKAEL THALEN | INFOWARS.COM | MAY 14, 2015

A U.S. military veteran was denied help by a Veterans Administration hospital in Seattle despite being only 10-feet from their emergency room entrance.
According to the Seattle Times, the incident began when 64-year-old Army veteran Donald Siefkin stepped down and heard a snap in his foot on Feb. 27 while taking his wife across Washington state to Seattle’s international airport.

As his foot began painfully swelling to the “size of a football,” Siefkin, being 230-miles from home, rushed to the nearest veterans hospital after dropping off his wife.

At 3:30 a.m Siefkin pulled into the emergency room entrance of Seattle’s veterans hospital and, unable to walk, called the front desk for assistance.

Instead of immediately sending help, Siefkin says the employee began asking why he was attempting to visit a hospital so far from home. After a brief argument, the employee refused to provide help and demanded Siefkin call 911 before abruptly hanging up the phone.

In audio of the 911 call, which was made at around 3:40 a.m., Siefkin can be heard attempting to elicit help from emergency services.

“They won’t come out and get me, do you believe that?” Siefken says. “They told me to call 911 and hung up on me.”

After a short wait, Siefkin was met by first responders and wheeled into the emergency room, where hospital workers refused to let him stay the night after placing a boot on his foot and prescribing him painkillers.

Unwilling to drive under the influence, Siefkin was forced to take the four hour drive back home where he was finally able to take his pain medication before falling asleep.

Responding to the Seattle Times, Chad Hutson, spokesman for the Veteran Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, defended the action, alleging that the employee followed proper protocol.

“I know it sounds counterintuitive because someone is just 10 feet away, but it is our policy to do that,” Hutson said . “Our policy is no different than Harborview or Swedish or other hospitals in Washington.”

The hospital quickly changed its stance on the incident shortly after the Times requested a copy of Siefkin’s medical files.

“After a complete review regarding this Veteran’s visit to the VA Puget Sound Seattle campus emergency room, we have determined we did not do the right thing to ensure the Veteran had assistance into the emergency room,” the statement said.

The VA has since met with Siefkin and apologized, promising that the mistake would not be duplicated on a fellow veteran.

“They said they’re sorry and they’re going to change things so this doesn’t happen again,” Siefken said. “That’s all I really wanted.”

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/mt.examiner
Follow Mikael Thalen @ https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen

http://www.infowars.com/video-marines-practice-subduing-citizens-inside-internment-camp/
VIDEO: MARINES PRACTICE SUBDUING CITIZENS INSIDE INTERNMENT CAMP
Role players chant for food and water during alarming exercise

by PAUL JOSEPH WATSON | MAY 14, 2015

Alarming video footage from a U.S. Marines training drill which took place in Arizona last month shows armed troops chasing down unruly citizens inside a mock internment camp while role players chant for food and water.

The exercise, which involved U.S. Marines from 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, took place on April 18 in Yuma, Arizona and revolved around “assault support tactics” training.

The drill was part of, “standardized tactical training and certification of unit instructor qualifications to support Marine Aviation Training and Readiness,” according to the description accompanying the video.

In plain English, the exercise was about subduing, arresting and incarcerating irate citizens during a martial law-style scenario.

140515drill.jpg

The video shows Marines landing in helicopters on a field next to a busy highway. Locals watch the exercise behind a perimeter fence while role players prepare to take part in the drill.

The Marines then practice apprehending unruly citizens, one of whom is carried away on a stretcher.

140515drill3.jpg

One of the role players simulates attempting to escape the enclosure before he is chased down and handcuffed by an armed Marine.

Other role players are then heard chanting “food and water” while rattling the perimeter fence as Marines look on. The video then shows more role players being chased and hauled away. One of the role players is subsequently heard to shout, “let me out!”

140515drill5.jpg

More physical struggles and chases ensue between role players and Marines before some of the citizens receive mock medical treatment, with one Marine heard describing one of the injuries as “gunshot wounds to the chest.”

Some of the victims are then loaded onto the chopper before the video clip ends.

140515drill2.jpg

The Marines will undoubtedly claim that these exercises are to prepare for overseas combat and occupation missions, but U.S. Army manuals have made it clear that such operations also apply to the Continental United States (CONUS), and will be used against American citizens during a national emergency.

Concerns over such exercises have been raised after the announcement of Jade Helm, a nationwide military exercise set to begin in July during which troops will operate undercover amongst local populations.

140515drill4.jpg

Innumerable videos showing similar drills taking place across the United States have emerged in recent months, although this footage is easily the most alarming.

Another video out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida which emerged in March also showed military and law enforcement practicing the internment of citizens during martial-law style training.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71
FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet

http://wearechange.org/analysis-finds-50-percent-of-all-fox-news-statements-are-false/
Analysis Finds 50 Percent of All Fox News Statements Are FALSE
2d6d461504b45fe4c2b5ab0325d5e0fb
by Alec Cope | May 13, 2015 | Headline News, Media, NewWorld Order/Globalization, US News, World News

Source: Nation of Change

[At the end of this article, watch Luke Rudkowski confront CNN’s Anderson Cooper’s CIA connection]

A recently released analysis by PunditFact revealed that out of every statement made by a Fox News host or guest, over half of them were completely false. What’s more, only 8% percent could even be considered “completely true.”

But for anyone who regularly tunes into the conservative news show, such revelation is nothing new. PunditFact only confirmed what many have been aware of for a while now: Fox News lies – like, a lot.

What might be most intriguing is that despite the blatant spin doctoring of the show, Fox News still captivates a large portion of the news watching audience. Programs like “The O’Reilly Factor” and “The Kelly File” cause a staggering amount of viewers to tune in on a regular basis, and given what we know about the content Fox shares, such is concerning.

As you can see, Fox’s statements range mostly between “Mostly False” all the way to “Pants on Fire”… and only 40% can even be said to fall into the category of “Somewhat True.”

But keep in mind it’s not just Fox that tends to weave more tales than truth…

MSNBC, for example, which some might call Fox’s liberal counterpart, is just as guilty of misleading its viewers. However, they also tell the truth more than they lie, and their “Pants on Fire” percentage is half of what Fox scored.

CNN, however, ranked very well in comparison to the other news sites, gathering a 40% “Mostly True” score.

But before you decide to place all your trust in CNN and write off FOX, PunditFact urged a bit of caution:

The comparisons are interesting, but be cautious about using them to draw broad conclusions. We use our news judgment to pick the facts we’re going to check, so we certainly don’t fact-check everything. And we don’t fact-check the five network groups evenly. CBS, for instance, doesn’t have a cable network equivalent, so we haven’t fact-checked pundits and CBS personalities as much.

AddictingInfo brought to attention a great survey conducted by PublicMind out of Fairleigh Dickinson University. What was discovered is that “people who say they consumed no news” fared better on a current events questionnaire than people who had been using Fox News to figure out the current events of the world. Go figure.

But if you truly are seeking to stay up-to-date on current events, NPR audience members were found to be most informed.

In conclusion, question everything, seek truth in all situations, and if watching Fox News, definitely switch the station.

You Might Also Like

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/video-shows-deputy-smash-autistic-mans-skull-ground-killing-joking/
Video Shows Deputy Smash Autistic Man’s Skull into the Ground, Killing Him for Joking Around

By Matt Agorist on May 12, 2015

54.2KShare 485 2 289Reddit 719Tweet
Mount Vernon, OH — A Knox County deputy is now being investigated after he fatally assaulted 33-year old David Dehmann on April 21. Dehmann was autistic and had Tourette’s Syndrome, and this was well-known by the local law enforcement.

Mount Vernon police picked up Dehmann on the 21st for being intoxicated but was released within a couple hours after being cleared by a hospital for release. At 7:43pm that same day, he was arrested near a public school for disorderly conduct – harm to self, at which point he was taken to Knox County Jail by MVPD Cpl. Travis Tharp when things took a turn for the worse.

During the booking process, Dehmann would not make it 15 feet into the station before his life would be ended.

The sickening surveillance camera footage of his killing was released last week which showed this deadly act of police rage.

The video starts out showing Dehmann being completely cooperative. He maintained this cooperation throughout the entire process.

He’s seen helping the deputies to remove his clothing and his shoes. At one point, he even playfully pats one of the deputies on the back; something a child might do.

Most of the deputies in the room seemingly laugh it off as an innocent autistic man being silly because he’s drunk. This was apparent by the lack of restraints on Dehmann.

However, Deputy Chase Wright was not enjoying Dehmann’s shenanigans.

lg.php

As Dehmann is walking past the officers, either drunkenly or playfully, he points his finger at them; never making actual physical contact. When he gets to deputy Wright, he points just like he did to the first, but he is swiftly met with physical retaliation. His hand is slapped and deputy Wright proceeds to slam the autistic and impaired Dehmann to the ground with so much force that when his head hit, it killed him.

Prior to the body slam, Dehmann can be seen with his arm up in what seems to be some sort of physical move. However, his fist is not closed and is fingers are out. He was obviously not trying to punch nor was he in any capacity to cause harm to Wright.

Dehmann’s family is left devastated. Dehmann’s step-mother Melissa spoke on the tragedy, saying “He might have had his issues in the past and everything, but he didn’t deserve to die because of this.”

The original statement by the KCSO stated,

“While Dehmann was in the jail’s intake area he became aggressive with the jail staff making an aggressive move towards Deputy [Chase] Wright. Mr. Dehmann did attempt to hit Dep. Wright in the face causing Dep. Wright to place Mr. Dehmann into a take down hold, taking him to the ground to get control of him. Once control was gained it was found that Mr. Dehmann had hit his head on the floor during the incident. Mr. Dehmann was transported to KCH ER by Mount Vernon medics for a medical evaluation.”

When you watch the video below, it is all too clear who “became aggressive” in this situation.

54.2KShare 485 2 289Reddit 719Tweet

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/vi...ll-ground-killing-joking/#D2cKE0L7uzbLDEV8.99

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/...-from-ramming-into-crowd-now-hes-behind-bars/
Beavercreek Protester Blocks Cop Cruiser From Ramming Into Crowd, Now He’s Behind Bars!
May 13, 2015 10:32 pm·

Remember the shooting of John Crawford? Well a lot of police accountability and social justice activists in Beavercreek, Ohio do. More than any other city where there was a major, headline news story of a police shooting of an unarmed African American last year, the protests in Beavercreek have not stopped, or even slowed down one bit for almost an entire year now.

One of those protester was arrested, along with three others during a December 2014 “die-in” in the pet food aisle at the Walmart where John Crawford was shot and killed.

Well, that’s an open and shut case, right? He was arrested for trespassing, right? The police cuffed him laying down in the aisle, right?

Wrong.

Beavercreek Police Chief Evers told Counter Current News reporters that he had advised Walmart to allow the die in to take place. Walmartagreed and no arrests were made… yet.

But once the protesters had moved outside, a couple of police cruisers had begun advancing on the crowd that was singing and chanting on their way to their vehicles.

The Walmart location had already been closed. There were no shoppers there, only protesters at this time. When the police had told them to leave, the crowd began to cross at the pedestrian crosswalk. That’s when the police SUVs began driving into them – albeit slowly – using vehicles for crowd control, in spite of the fact that this is both against department policy and completely illegal.

Two brave individuals sat down and blocked the police SUV cruisers from doing this. Ironically enough, as soon as they were arrested, the actual police SUV they were placed in then backed into the fourth protester they arrested that day – apparently arresting her for asking why an African American protester was being singled out for arrest.

READ MORE >> “Beavercreek Police Single Out Walmart Protester: ‘I Am Being Arrested For Being Black and Loud’”

?
Today, Benjamin Virnston, 25, was booked into the Greene County Jail to begin serving his 90-day jail sentence for sitting down and preventing the illegal use of a vehicle for crowd control.

Sandra King, 56, the woman who was backed into, was fined $150 and ordered to serve 16 hours of community service, along with a sentence of 30 days in jail, with all but one day suspended.

There are still jury trials scheduled for the African American man who was singled out: Elias Anthony Kelley, 27; and Matthew Raska, 24, who joined Ben in blocking the police SUV cruisers.

What can you do?

Benjamin Virnston is in jail RIGHT NOW because he had the courage to SIT DOWN in front of a police SUV cruiser that was threatening to run into protesters – which DID run into a protester after they had arrested him and Matt Raska!

CALL the Greene County Jail NOW at (937) 562-4840 and speak with someone or leave them a message, standing up for Ben and the OBLIGATION of citizens to stand up to illegal police acts of violence against non-violent protesters.

Then CALL Judge Beth Root (937) 754-3040 tell her to FREE BENJAMIN NOW! Then help us SPREAD THE WORD!

UPDATE: Please write to Ben as well. Send him letters and books.

Greene County Adult Detention Center
Courtesy of Benjamin Seth Virnston
2295 Greeneway Blvd.
Xenia, OH 45385

Letters may not have stamps, they must be metered mail, that means they must be mailed directly from the post office.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article20444133.html
California senators approve ban on grand jury investigations into police deaths

Capitol Alert
The go-to source for news on California policy and politics

Brown

A memorial to Michael Brown, near the spot he was shot dead by officer Darren Wilson, on Canfield Drive in Ferguson, Mo. A grand jury did not indict Wilson for the killing, sparking national protests. | Ruth Fremson The New York Times

BY ALEXEI KOSEFF

akoseff@sacbee.com

Grand juries would be prohibited from investigating police shootings and cases where an individual dies from excessive force during an arrest under a bill passed Thursday by the California state Senate.

Protests sprouted up nationwide last fall after grand juries in Missouri and New York declined to indict white police officers who had killed unarmed black men during confrontations. The system, in which a jury of citizens weighs the evidence to decide whether to bring charges, came under fire for its secrecy.

Sen. Holly Mitchell, D-Los Angeles, who introduced Senate Bill 227, argued that the lack of transparency and oversight in grand jury deliberations, which do not involve judges, defense attorneys or cross-examination of witnesses, did not serve the public.

“The use of the criminal grand jury has fostered an atmosphere of suspicion that threatens to compromise the nature of our justice system,” she said.

By banning the use of grand juries, the decision to prosecute officers would rest solely with local district attorneys. Mitchell said forcing district attorneys, who are elected, to deal with these cases would provide accountability.

“The general public would then have an opportunity for recourse” at the next election, Mitchell said in an interview, whereas “referral to a grand jury can be a way to avoid having fingerprints” on a case.

The measure received some pushback from lawmakers who suggested it was an emotional response to controversy that could trample due-process rights, but it was ultimately approved by a 23-12 vote, with all of the “yes” votes coming from Democrats. It heads next to the Assembly.

Call The Bee’s Alexei Koseff, (916) 321-5236. Follow him on Twitter @akoseff.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article20444133.html#storylink=cpy

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/02/elderly-vet-welfare-check-post-surgery-ended/
Family Asked Cops To Check On 74-Year-Old Vet After Surgery… They Broke In and Killed Him Instead
February 9, 2015 4:39 pm·

A family of a 74-year-old veteran was concerned about him after he got out of surgery. Due to work and other circumstances, they couldn’tcheck on him yet, so they called the police to ask them if they could do a “welfare check.” Now, officials in North Carolina are launching an investigation to figure out why police officers broke into the man’s house and killed him, instead of checking on him.

Chief Robert Helton of the Gastonia Police Department shot and killed the elderly James Howard Allen on Saturday afternoon, according to The Charlotte Observer.

An officer arrived to Allen’s home around 10:20 pm on Saturday, but when he didn’t receive an answer at the door, he decided to break in.

The Gastonia Fire Department and Gaston Emergency Medical Services were contacted by 11:30 p.m. and a “decision was made to enter the house, concerned that he may be inside in need of emergency assistance,” Helton explained.

Gastonia Police Chief told us that Officer Josh Lefevers had announced himself before breaking in through the back door of the house, but Allen was inside and had armed himself with a firearm.

“He was challenged to lower the gun down,” Helton claims. But what he seems unaware of is the fact that the 74-year-old man was on lots of post-surgery medication. He likely could have slept through the officer knocking on the door, and thought that burglars had broken into hishouse.

“The gun was pointed in the direction of the officers, and a shot was fired that fatally wounded him.”

Now, Allen’s family is demanding answers.

“(He) probably woke up, someone’s breaking in on me, so when you’re by yourself you try to protect yourself,” Robert Battle, Allen’s brother-in-law, said in an interview with WSOC.

“You kicked the man’s door in,” Otis Thompson, a friend of Allen’s said. “He’s disoriented and he’s in his own house, privacy of his ownhome.”
Watch the video report from local WSOC, and help us SPREAD THE WORD!

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/cop-homeowner-in-1-1-seconds/

The Charleston County sheriff’s deputy who shot Bryant Heyward on his own property had only given him 1.1 seconds from the time he started shouting “show me your hands” until he opened fire on the home owner.

Deputy Keith Tyner never actually told Heyward to drop his legally owned and carried weapon, which he had just used to defend himself from home invaders
The newly-released dashcam video shows that before Tyner even finished saying “show me your hands,” he opened fire, shooting Heyward twice, without legal justification.

Heyward had called the police when he was being burglarized, but moments later, he found himself being shot by the officer who he thought would arrive to help him. It wasn’t the burglary suspect who opened fire on him, it was the cops.

The officer in question is a caucasian South Carolina sheriff. His victim – the man who called 911 for help – was shot and critically wounded when he was doing nothing other than defending his own property.

Two men had broken into his house when Heyward called 911. He called the cops, hoping that they would arrive and help. But when the sheriff’s deputies arrived to the mobile home in Hollywood, South Carolina on Thursday morning, they saw the armed home owner and opened fire.

Now the sheriff says there is an internal investigation to determine what happened. But few members of the community believe there will be any sort of justice for the victim – who was twice victimized: once by the home invaders and another time by the responding officers.

The deputies reported seeing a man standing in the doorway of his own home. They claim he “refused to drop his gun,” but witnesses say there was no time between the yelling of this order and the discharging of police weapons for him to react.

On the way to the hospital, Heyward told police that he was simply trying to protect himself and his home from home invaders and he didn’t know the police were even there until they had shot him in the neck.
One of the two men who is accused of trying to burglarize Heyward’s home is Thomas Zachary Brown, 22, who is currently in custody.

Heyward told the 911 operator that he was hidden in his own laundry room because “Someone was trying to break into my house.”

He urged police to “please come.”

He explained that “It’s an emergency and they have guns.”

Sheriff’s Maj. Eric Watson attempted to rationalize the shooting, saying “as we were approaching, the back door swung open.”

Then he heard Deputy Tyner shout verbal commands, thereafter he “next heard gunfire as Deputy Tyner fired to suppress the threat.”

This, they explained, made Heyward “look like” he was one of the burglars. But the reality was he was only a home owner defending his home from armed invaders. Had he waited for police he would have been killed, as the home invaders appear to have escalated things upon finding the hidden home owner.

The would-be burglars had just taken off moments before exchanging gun fire. What was Heyward to do? Should he have laid down and died waiting for the police? After exchanging gunfire with the suspects, his ears would have been ringing, making it impossible for him to hear police commands that were apparently issued with no delay.

At no time did he raise his weapon towards the officers. What should he have done differently?

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/05/police-investigation-of-themselves-fails-tamir-rices/
Police Investigation of Themselves Fails As Tamir Rice’s Killer Has STILL Not Been Questioned
May 14, 2015 4:42 pm·
tamir.jpg

What is the first thing we all hear from police departments after an officer shoots an unarmed man, woman or child? The “official police response” usually goes something like: “The officers are on paid leave, while we conduct an internal investigation.”

It has become so stereotypical for departments investigate themselves and find “there was no wrong doing,” that it would take a while to even hunt down half of the memes made, parodying this, found all throughout social media sites.

Perhaps in no case is the ridiculousness of police investigating themselves proven more than in that of Cleveland’s inquiry into the Tamir Rice shooting.

Back in November, we were the first national alternative (or any other) media to report on the Tamir Rice shooting. Contributors from Greater Cleveland Cop Block sent us their report minutes after this tragic shooting happened. For our citizen journalists in Ohio, it hit home hard, as many of these reporters had been deeply immerse in the John Crawford protests from day one.

What was going on in Ohio with police shooting people with BB-guns? The Cleveland Police Department assured us they would get to the bottom of it.

But now, half a year later, Officer Loehmann and his partner Frank Garmback have still not been interviewed by the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office.

That officer, conducting the inquiry into the Loehmann’s shooting of the unarmed 12-year-old, announced that they are near the end of their investigation. They mentioned, almost in passing, that they only have “a few more people left to interview.”

A few more?

You mean like the actual shooter, Cleveland Police officers Timothy Loehmann?

Do they mean his partner, Frank Garmback?

?
Actually, the answer is apparently “no”.

According to both the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office and the Cleveland Prosecutor’s Office, they have not tried to interview either officer Loehmann or Garmback, and they don’t necessarily plan to.

Seriously.

That’s what police investigating police shootings gets us: absolutely nothing.

(Article by Jackson Marciana and Shante Wooten)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT