ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard is Irish

Stats wise very similar. Riley more athletic but he is far far far from an elite passer( average at best). Both were overhyped and Im afraid we will have a very average QB similar to Hartman
Stats wise they are nothing alike. Hartman was way better stat wise. And Leonard has way more talent

Nothing alike at all

I dont care what you think. You are showing yourself to know very very little about g football
Yeah putting facts from multiple sites and agreeing with a former Notre dame quarterback who basically agrees with everything I've posted shows me to be the one that knows nothing about football.

All bow down to the opinion of Golson.

Moron.

Last edited:
That's the thing... They aren't changing t

Yeah putting facts from multiple sites and agreeing with a former Notre dame quarterback who basically agrees with everything I've posted shows me to be the one that knows nothing about football.

All bow down to the opinion of Golson.

Moron.
If you or Malik or anyone thinks they are comparable talent, I would say you don't know how to evaluate the QB position

And btw, have you listened to Malik much, he says a lot of off the wall things and is wrong a ton.

So yes you are a moron

We can't win with a game manager or just a game with winning intangibles

For us to win big, we need an elite talent to produce to his ability

Leonard is the most talented QB we've had since Kizer

Will he develop, i dont know. Will he be better than Hartman, i dont know. Will he stay healthy, I don't know

The only thing I know is we now have a really talented QB and it's something to be excited about. Will he play to his level, i dont know

But I'm glad the staff took the chance
What you think doesn't matter.

Tyler buchner had more talent. Not close. An elite lacrosse player with big arm better elusiveness... Also reflected in his scouting out of high school. Totally ruined his throwing motion before freshman year and impacted by covid

Brandon wimbush, possible the most freakish athlete to come to Notre dame as a QB ever. Better wheels, better elusiveness, better arm. TOTALLY RUINED BY COACHING.

Both 5 star talents wasted. Both more athletic than either kizer or Leonard.

If you or Malik or anyone thinks they are comparable talent, I would say you don't know how to evaluate the QB position

And btw, have you listened to Malik much, he says a lot of off the wall things and is wrong a ton.

So yes you are a moron
That's ok. I'll back people with actual TALENT in identifying football players than you.

I'm talking about TALENT. Not opinions.

Lol

So yes you are a moron
I actually watch them once a week. They have better player perspectives than any other show and drop nuggets they shouldn't on occasion.

Stats wise they are nothing alike. Hartman was way better stat wise. And Leonard has way more talent

Nothing alike at all
It's not like stats are a manifestation of talent being used or anything...

What you think doesn't matter.

Tyler buchner had more talent. Not close. An elite lacrosse player with big arm better elusiveness... Also reflected in his scouting out of high school. Totally ruined his throwing motion before freshman year and impacted by covid

Brandon wimbush, possible the most freakish athlete to come to Notre dame as a QB ever. Better wheels, better elusiveness, better arm. TOTALLY RUINED BY COACHING.

Both 5 star talents wasted. Both more athletic than either kizer or Leonard.
Riley is more talented than Buchner. Riley is 3 inches taller and his arm in college is much bigger. I would say Riley is as fast or a little faster than Buchner. Hes also way more powerful in the run game

Wimbush is closer to Riley than Buchner but also smaller height wise by about 3 inches. Speed wise very similar. Brandon was a 4.6 guy which is where Riley and Buchner are also around. Wimbush was definitely more elusive but less power. Wimbush had the stronger arm but had zero accuracy, nevwr threw off platform throws and never saw him change arm angles

You have an argument with Wimbush. None with Buchner (and I was a huge fan coming out of HS)

He's more talented than Coan, Angeli, Book, who else were the backups? Easily more talented than Pyne

So after Kizer, the argument would ve Wimbush and Leonard just based off talent

That's ok. I'll back people with actual TALENT in identifying football players than you.

I'm talking about TALENT. Not opinions.

Lol
I guess Malik knows more than actual draft analysts who do this for a living and sone for over 25 plus years.

It's not like stats are a manifestation of talent being used or anything...
If you just go by stats....I guess Hartman has more talent than Cam Newton and Burrow and Lawrence and all of them, right?

Joe Burrow did absolutely nothing his first 4 years in college.

If we would have brought him in, your the genius who would have said Hartman has as much talent because his stats were better

🤣🤣🤣

You can't make this stuff up lol

• Haha
Reactions: sluggo69
I actually watch them once a week. They have better player perspectives than any other show and drop nuggets they shouldn't on occasion.
Yeah they are pretty bad. He's one of the worst on the ND beat actually. I'm not surprised you think that

Talent is defined as a natural aptitude or skill. When strictly applying that to throwing the football, I’d say Hartman is more a talented passer (there is data to support this). The measurables and athleticism are in favor of Riley, which also improves his ceiling/draftability. Just like Hartman, Riley seems like a perfect “RKG”. Let’s hope it clicks for him in year 4 and magic happens, but 9-3 is likely with everything ND is replacing.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Talent is defined as a natural aptitude or skill. When strictly applying that to throwing the football, I’d say Hartman is more a talented passer (there is data to support this). The measurables and athleticism are in favor of Riley, which also improves his ceiling/draftability. Just like Hartman, Riley seems like a perfect “RKG”. Let’s hope it clicks for him in year 4 and magic happens, but 9-3 is likely with everything ND is replacing.
If this team stay healthy, and given the portal additions such as Riley Leonard, JB Oben, and Beaux Collins, and the kids opting to return on defense such as Cross, Kiser, and Mills, 9-3 isn't likely.

If this team stay healthy, and given the portal additions such as Riley Leonard, JB Oben, and Beaux Collins, and the kids opting to return on defense such as Cross, Kiser, and Mills, 9-3 isn't likely.
2023 team as a whole is better in my opinion, schedule much easier in 2024 though. Where are the upgrades, WR perhaps? I’d argue if no WR transferred out, we’d be better off so it’s a downgrade in my opinion (expected growth).

History, data suggests 9-3 is much more likely than 11-1/12-0.

Replacing 7 starters on offense, also wouldn’t sleep on the departures of the seasoned LBs, and DE (Nana, Baptiste).

OL - replacing 3 starters, 2 OT
RB- replacing Estime
QB - will be the X factor
WR- replacing 2 starters

2023 team as a whole is better in my opinion, schedule much easier in 2024 though. Where are the upgrades, WR perhaps? History, data suggests 9-3 is much more likely than 11-1/12-0.

Replacing 7 starters on offense, also wouldn’t sleep on the departures of the seasoned LBs, and DE (Nana, Baptiste).

RB- replacing Estime
WR- replacing 2 starters
History means nothing to the 2024 team. Zero. All that matters is the 2024 personnel, and the 12 game schedule. And saying this team is destined for 9-3 is something I do not agree with.

History means nothing to the 2024 team. Zero. All that matters is the 2024 personnel, and the 12 game schedule. And saying this team is destined for 9-3 is something I do not agree with.
History.. pertaining to the coaching staff means everything..data on the staff matters.

History.. pertaining to the coaching staff means everything..data on the staff matters.
Doesn't mean anything. Nothing. 2024 personnel and a new schedule is a whole new ballgame. That said, it's your opinion. No biggy.

Sorry but greatness is built on foundation of history

Golson hated Hartman and there isn't much difference between the two. He's talking him up like hes his BFF and Im getting tired of hearing about "all this talent and potential". Lets see some results besides a bad ankle and a sore toe.
There’s huge difference between the 2. What are you watching?

Hartman a better thrower, more accurate, probably a faster release.

Leonard bigger, more athletic, better athlete, probably a bigger arm.

I would go as far to say that Leonard is potentially an elite running QB. Our running game next year, with the stable of excellent RBs, talented OL, and Leonard……should be among the best in the country. Our running game should be able to take over games and and impose their will on any D we face.

2023 team as a whole is better in my opinion, schedule much easier in 2024 though. Where are the upgrades, WR perhaps? I’d argue if no WR transferred out, we’d be better off so it’s a downgrade in my opinion (expected growth).

History, data suggests 9-3 is much more likely than 11-1/12-0.

RB- replacing Estime
WR- replacing 2 starters
We’re replacing 2 tackles and a qb…. Zeke wasn’t a starter, he just began games for some reason

We didn’t lose any wr starters, we lost a few players that attempted to run around the field and occasionally catch a ball with minimal success

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
There’s huge difference between the 2. What are you watching?

Hartman a better thrower, more accurate, probably a faster release.

Leonard bigger, more athletic, better athlete, probably a bigger arm.

I would go as far to say that Leonard is potentially an elite running QB. Our running game next year, with the stable of excellent RBs, talented OL, and Leonard……should be among the best in the country. Our running game should be able to take over games and and impose their will on any D we face.
After watching the 2023 offense led by OC Gerad Parker, I have a hard time seeing what you see on offense for 2024. The offense was plain lousy against Ohio St., Duke, Louisville, and Clemson, ND's 4 best opponents.

That said, I want what you are drinking.

Doesn't mean anything. Nothing. 2024 personnel and a new schedule is a whole new ballgame. That said, it's your opinion. No biggy.
It means a lot, same coaching staff is averaging 3.5 losses per year with losses to lesser teams (Marshal, Stanford, Louisville, Clemson). What makes you think a different (lesser roster) will perform better? If it’s solely schedule based, I guess understand (cough cough Marshal, Stanford).

After watching the 2023 offense led by OC Gerad Parker, I have a hard time seeing what you see on offense for 2024. The offense was plain lousy against Ohio St., Duke, Louisville, and Clemson, ND's 4 best opponents.

Agreed- where is the offense upgrading?

I don’t drink! But I’ll enjoy an edible here and there.

Freeman hired Parker, and I was good with it. But I certainly didn’t expect him to be Kyle Shanahan year 1. The O struggled, at times, no doubt about it. But I think we all over-hyped the OL, thought that Hartman wound be better, and then we really got burned by the WR (Colze, Merriweather, Thomas just haven’t advanced like we thought/hoped they would).

Year 2 of Freeman/Parker, I’m optimistically hoping that:

1. The OL is dominant
2. Leonard is a great fit, and is able to use his elite athletic skills to take over games and win big moments
3. This group of WRs (new additions and returners) somehow reach their potential. We’ll have a full room of talented power-5 guys, 2 or 3 need to really emerge
4. Love and Price are stars
5. MOST IMPORTANT- Parker and Freeman flat out just “get better”

I don’t think that any of those asks are stretches or out of line.

Reactions: Pennick4
Riley is more talented than Buchner. Riley is 3 inches taller and his arm in college is much bigger. I would say Riley is as fast or a little faster than Buchner. Hes also way more powerful in the run game

Wimbush is closer to Riley than Buchner but also smaller height wise by about 3 inches. Speed wise very similar. Brandon was a 4.6 guy which is where Riley and Buchner are also around. Wimbush was definitely more elusive but less power. Wimbush had the stronger arm but had zero accuracy, nevwr threw off platform throws and never saw him change arm angles

You have an argument with Wimbush. None with Buchner (and I was a huge fan coming out of HS)

He's more talented than Coan, Angeli, Book, who else were the backups? Easily more talented than Pyne

So after Kizer, the argument would ve Wimbush and Leonard just based off talent
Size isn't talent.

And wimbush was on a different planet talent wise than Leonard. That's not close. He was a 97 composite QB.

Rileys most accurate season ever was 63% and he has trouble with his footwork dropping back. That can be fixed, but ND hasn't shown any ability to do so in years.

Freeman hired Parker, and I was good with it. But I certainly didn’t expect him to be Kyle Shanahan year 1. The O struggled, at times, no doubt about it. But I think we all over-hyped the OL, thought that Hartman wound be better, and then we really got burned by the WR (Colze, Merriweather, Thomas just haven’t advanced like we thought/hoped they would).

1. The OL is dominant
2. Leonard is a great fit, and is able to use his elite athletic skills to take over games and win big moments
3. This group of WRs (new additions and returners) somehow reach their potential. We’ll have a full room of talented power-5 guys, 2 or 3 need to really emerge

I think your#1 is least likely, at least at A&M. I don't see how our oline is even close to ready to dominate at A&M next year. I'd be extremely happy if they held their own and weren't a weakness in that game. I expect the oline next year to improve throughout the season and be much better by mid year.

1. The OL is dominant

I just want to see the running game be more outside than inside.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I just want to see the running game be more outside than inside.
Really, do you mean that? If you mean you want to see more outside runs to force defenses to play the entire field I'm 100% with you, and Price/Love will be better than estime at that.

With that said, running between the tackles is how you win games consistently and win a championship (being able to run outside, helps open up the inside though).

Bama stopped Georgia's interior run game, first team do to that in forever. Georgia loses for the first time in 2 years.

Really, do you mean that? If you mean you want to see more outside runs to force defenses to play the entire field I'm 100% with you, and Price/Love will be better than estime at that.

With that said, running between the tackles is how you win games consistently and win a championship (being able to run outside, helps open up the inside though).

Bama stopped Georgia's interior run game, first team do to that in forever. Georgia loses for the first time in 2 years.
Correct outside runs, zone reads, stretches. That is where price love could gash people. We still have Payne right now for short yardage up the middle and we still need to challenge up the middle, but our run game is way to vanilla right now.

According to Ruhl, between 1 and 2 million.
So are these cats now considered professional athletes?

"Because the NCAA still intends to maintain its amateur sports status, paying athletes for their play on the field isn't possible. However, NIL is the workaround for athletes to get paid without technically being considered professional athletes who make a living playing their sport"
Is this the same mindset the bewilders the obvious?
I don't see how this definition is exceptible.

Last edited:
I just watched his highlight video. There is a lot I like...but it left me with three questions / concerns.

1. Claps hands on every snap....does he have to do this? Seems like defense could read this?
2. Shotgun...every snap....at least I think he does....will he go under center?
3. Running - While I like a mobile QB...and think this is great most of the time the injury risk goes up substantially so whomever is the backup(s) they better be ready even if just for a few snaps while he is in the tent getting checked out.

my biggest issue with these ACC rentals (especially at QB) is that you can't put a lot of weight on the statistical analysis because the competition in that conference is so comparatively low

you can take a solid-gamble on the numbers if a guy produced in the SEC or BIG10 ... in the ACC those numbers need to be heavily adjusted or ignored entirely with more weight put on film/traditional scouting

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Here's a 2020 scouting report on Riley Leonard back when he was a 3 star recruit out of Alabama: https://247sports.com/player/riley-leonard-46101566/
Has a tall, slender build with room to add weight once he gets in a strength and conditioning program and focuses solely on football. Doubles as a top high school basketball player in the state of Alabama. Demonstrates touch and feel as a passer. Shows a good pocket instincts with the ability to slide up and avoid pressure while keeping his eyes downfield. Transfers his basketball athleticism over to the football field and uses his long stride to pick up yards as a runner. Needs to continue improving his arm strength and release time. Will have to add velocity to his throws to be productive with the smaller passing windows at the next level. Has the upside to develop into a starter at the Power Five level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT