ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard is Irish

Hartmans numbers were never going to be like WF. Totally different offense. Dukes offense is more similar to ours but with more talent

Riley has top 2 round NFL talent,Hartman never did
No he doesn't. He is a better athlete but not nearly the passer.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
My point was they played extremely well

If Leonard played like either of those guys first year here, we will have a monster season
I hear what you're sayin, but its also not a sure thing a QB comes in and immediately adapts to a new system in their 1st year. There are always growing pains.

I hear what you're sayin, but its also not a sure thing a QB comes in and immediately adapts to a new system in their 1st year. There are always growing pains.
Sometimes. Not with Penix Nix Williams and others. I think he'll be fine

No. That is laughable.

They are not. They are not
Ridley scouting report from 247 as a 3 star rated an 86..and a 76 on espn

Needs to continue improving his arm strength and release time. Will have to add velocity to his throws to be productive with the smaller passing windows at the next level.

Hartman...rated an 87 on 247 and a 76 on espn

Hartman is an accurate passer, and keeps his head up long enough to see plays develop down the field. He has good arm strength, and that will only get stronger as he progresses throughout his career.

They are very similar, and Riley is earlier in his development.

Do some research before stating your opinion as fact please.

Ridley scouting report from 247 as a 3 star rated an 86..and a 76 on espn

Needs to continue improving his arm strength and release time. Will have to add velocity to his throws to be productive with the smaller passing windows at the next level.

Hartman...rated an 87 on 247 and a 76 on espn

Hartman is an accurate passer, and keeps his head up long enough to see plays develop down the field. He has good arm strength, and that will only get stronger as he progresses throughout his career.

They are very similar, and Riley is earlier in his development.

Do some research before stating your opinion as fact please.
Yeah that is high school ratings come on now. Even you are brighter than that.

He was a projected 1st round pick by Mel Kiper and other analysts

That was a pathetic attempt even for you.

🤣🤣🤣

They are not similar

One guy is bigger stronger and more athletic with a stronger arm. The other is more accurate.

One is projected on the top 2 rounds. The other is late round to undrafted

You can't be serious

They are nothing alike. Very very different lol

Reactions: deadirishpoet
He was/is a guy the NFL projects into the top 2 rounds. Hartman isnt.

Yes he is
Hartman was at times. Just like Riley. Moreover when Hartman was putting up big numbers his sophomore and junior years he absolutely was looked at as a future top 2-3 round pick

You win at Duke and you get noticed. Dave Brown turned winning at Duke into a good NFL career.

Yeah that is high school ratings come on now. Even you are brighter than that.

He was a projected 1st round pick by Mel Kiper and other analysts

That was a pathetic attempt even for you.

🤣🤣🤣

They are not similar

One guy is bigger stronger and more athletic with a stronger arm. The other is more accurate.

They are nothing alike. Very very different lol
Lol. Youre nuts. Your setting yourself and anyone silly enough to listen to you up for the same crap next year.

Yeah it's high school .. college wise Hartman is ten times the player Riley is.
I can't believe the nonsense coming from you on this one.

Mel Kiper picked jimmy clausen and Brady Quinn in the first round too.

Riley DOES NOT have a much stronger arm. Have you seen him play? Or just highlights? Be honest. I saw brennen Armstrong, Riley, and Hartman this year and Armstrong had the strongest arm by far .. and he was throwing ducks vs ND. Riley isn't a highlight room thrower. He isn't. He throws a lot of ducks. I have no idea where you are getting this nonsense.

Reactions: Chitown11
Draft buzz on Hartman total score 78.7

Short passing 76
Med passing 79
Long passing 93

Draft buzz on Leonard total score 82

Short passing 59
Medium passing 63
Long passing 70

Again.. very similar scores with Hartman the better passer, Leonard a bit faster at 4.58 vs Hartman at 4.85.

You wanna keep going? Again zero facts from you just your opinion...you are blowing Leonard up way beyond what he is. He's very similar to Hartman. A little lesser passing and a little better running.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Hartman was at times. Just like Riley. Moreover when Hartman was putting up big numbers his sophomore and junior years he absolutely was looked at as a future top 2-3 round pick

You win at Duke and you get noticed. Dave Brown turned winning at Duke into a good NFL career.
HARTMAN WAS NEVER PROJECTED A 2ND ROUND PICK

100 PERCENT FALSE AND BULL AND YOU KNOW IT

Draft buzz on Hartman total score 78.7

Short passing 76
Med passing 79
Long passing 93

Draft buzz on Leonard total score 82

Short passing 59
Medium passing 63
Long passing 70

Again.. very similar scores with Hartman the better passer

You wanna keep going? Again zero facts from you just your opinion...
Yes please let's keep going.

Who is the taller, stronger, more athletic QB with a better arm?

If you say Hartman then I know either 1. You are wrong and just trying to stick with that or 2. You are just awful at evaluating QBs

You wanna go qbr?

Hartman 75.5
Leonard 72.1
IM NOT COMPARING ACCOMPLISHMENTS

YOU CAN'T GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK BRAIN

I'M COMPARING TALENT!

TALENT..... TRY TO COMPREHEND FOR ONE SECOND

Last edited:
Yes please let's keep going.

Who is the taller, stronger, more athletic QB with a better arm?

If you say Hartman then I know either 1. You are wrong and just trying to stick with that or 2. You are just awful at evaluating QBs
Pretty sure it's already up there but Riley is bigger
Riley is faster
Riley does not have a bigger arm, on his best day it's equal.

And it's not me... It's multiple scouting reports that I've referenced.

Right now Riley is rated as the #9 QB in next years weak QB class. If you took his current ranking and it in this year's draft class he'd be the # 15 QB ranked right there with Brennan Armstrong.

You've blown this up into something it's not, and I get it that you almost always go fan crazy and back Notre dame no matter what, but every football stat available qbr, pff, draft ratings... Has Hartman and Riley almost equal with Hartman ahead in almost every passing metric.

Talent is subjective and you have nothing to back it up outside of mel Kiper who once said if jimmy clausen doesn't have a long successful NFL career I'll retire.

You lost. Move along.

2nd round projection with 1st round upside
Lol... And he's projected talent is.. rated at #9 next year and almost the exact same as sam Hartman this year.

Your judging "talent" is really

Gosh I hope this guy is good.

I really hope he is too, but his demonstrated talent, is on par with what ND has had recently

Lol... And he's projected talent is.. rated at #9 next year and almost the exact same as sam Hartman this year.

Your judging "talent" is really

Gosh I hope this guy is good.

I really hope he is too, but his demonstrated talent, is on par with what ND has had recently
No. You got it all wrong

I dont know if he will be good. I hope he will but don't know

I do know he has more talent than Sam Hartman

Just think about it for one second. One guy has 3x the stats as the other guy, 3x the accomplishments. We all agree there. But one guys is projected by multiple analysts and multiple sites as a top 2 round guy at some point.

The other guy who is way more accomplished is going to struggle to get drafted.

Now, let's think about for a second. Really think. Why would the guy with 3x the stats and 3x the accomplishments be that much lower projected if the TALENT was the same?

Just try to use your head on this a little bit and not your ego fighting a losing battle

Talent is subjective and you have nothing to back it up outside of mel Kiper who once said if jimmy clausen doesn't have a long successful NFL career I'll retire.

You lost. Move along.
Mel kiper and many many other analysts. Yes that is what I am using

And you really think I'm losing. 🤣🤣

I needed a good laugh

Lol. Youre nuts. Your setting yourself and anyone silly enough to listen to you up for the same crap next year.

Riley DOES NOT have a much stronger arm. Have you seen him play? Or just highlights? Be honest. I saw brennen Armstrong, Riley, and Hartman this year and Armstrong had the strongest arm by far .. and he was throwing ducks vs ND. Riley isn't a highlight room thrower. He isn't. He throws a lot of ducks. I have no idea where you are getting this nonsense.
Brady Quinn was a first round pick

Riley Leonard and Sam Hartman both had a .9200 4-star transfer portal rating as per 247Sports.

Like Sam Hartman, Riley Leonard is a grizzled vet (journeyman) who can fill a spot for a season. When you use these rental players at QB, instead of developing your own player, the rest of your roster better be great if you have any national championship aspirations, and unfortunately NDs roster is good, not great. Anybody counting on Leonard being some major impact player or something is setting themselves up for a world of disappointment.

That's the problem with these stop gap 5th year QBs: yea you can find a QB in the TP to fill a hole on the roster in a pinch, but the portal-rental-qb is always going to be a limited upside guy who would otherwise be heading to the NFL if he was good enough instead of sticking around for another year to play QB again in college.

If this was baseball, the Sam Hartman's and Riley Leonards of the world would be AAAA guys (graduated the farm system, but not good enough for the major leagues). These guys are great organization depth/and can patch up holes on the roster, but if your other players arent superstars to offset the lack of upside, you'll essentially go nowhere with these guys.

Last edited:

I knew what Hartman was coming into Notre Dame and he was exactly what I told everyone he was. I told everyone to temper their expectation because he was a sustem guy with good talent but not elite talent. Great stats in a a particular system that is nothing like ours and is a bit gimmicky

So I got it exactly right on Hartman

We'll see how I do on Leonard

Riley Leonard and Sam Hartman both had a .9200 4-star transfer portal rating as per 247Sports.

Like Sam Hartman, Riley Leonard is a grizzled vet (journeyman) who can fill a spot for a season. When you use these rental players at QB, instead of developing your own player, the rest of your roster better be great if you have any national championship aspirations, and unfortunately NDs roster is good, not great. Anybody counting on Leonard being some major impact player or something is setting themselves up for a world of disappointment.

That's the problem with these stop gap 5th year QBs: yea you can find a QB in the TP to fill a hole on the roster in a pinch, but the portal-rental-qb is always going to be a limited upside guy who would otherwise be heading to the NFL if he was good enough instead of sticking around for a 5th year to play QB again in college.
Leonard is not a grizzled vet nor is he a 5th year senior

He's in his 4th year and only has 20 starts I believe

So you got pretty much everything wrong there like usual

I knew what Hartman was coming into Notre Dame and he was exactly what I told everyone he was. I told everyone to temper their expectation because he was a sustem guy with good talent but not elite talent. Great stats in a a particular system that is nothing like ours and is a bit gimmicky

Damn, you're really really smart.

Never mind the fact that Sam Hartman had a lousy WR room, a lousy interior of the OL, a lousy OC, and a head coach that can't count to to 11 consistently, even after a timeout.

Leonard is not a grizzled vet nor is he a 5th year senior

He's in his 4th year and only has 20 starts I believe

So you got pretty much everything wrong there like usual
I was speaking metaphorically "grizzed journeyman vet" just means he's a veteran JAG and whether leonard is 4th or 5th year it doesn't change any of the general point i was making.

Never mind the fact that Sam Hartman had a lousy WR room, a lousy interior of the OL, a lousy OC, and a head coach that can't count to to 11 consistently.
A top 10 pick at left tackle, another tackle who will be drafted, a 2nd team AA at rb, an elite TE when healthy and a deep TE room, a decent interior OL juat not good enough for ND standards. A HC and DC that gave you a chance to win every game and kept the opponents score down and turned the ball over for you consistently.

I was speaking metaphorically "grizzed journeyman vet" just means he's a veteran JAG and whether leonard is 4th or 5th year it doesn't change any of the general point i was making.
Yeah you were wrong. He's neither a grizzled vet nor a 5th year. He has a lot of development still to be made with a lot of God given talent which equals high upside if he develops.

Havent had that talent at ND since Kizer. It's something to be excited about

A top 10 pick at left tackle, another tackle who will be drafted, a 2nd team AA at rb, an elite TE when healthy and a deep TE room, a decent interior OL juat not good enough for ND standards. A HC and DC that gave you a chance to win every game and kept the opponents score down and turned the ball over for you consistently.
The OL was collectively lousy, the WR room was worse, and the head coach stops at 10 at times.

Otherwise, let's point at Sam Hartman.

Reactions: Chitown11
The OL was collectively lousy, the WR room was worse, and the head coach stops at 10 at times.

Otherwise, let's point at Sam Hartman.
The OL was not lousy. It wasnt up to the great ND standards but about 115 schools would have liked to have NDs OL

You keep bringing up the 10 count but the defense wouldn't have been on the field if he can complete a simple screen pass or score more than 14 points in en entire game

There's no guarantee we get the stop even with 11. Complete the pass and the play doesn't ever happen

Apparently Golson5 knows better than the team at 247 who do transfer player rankings who say Riley Leonard and Sam Hartman are identical transfer portal players (mid to low 4 star types)

The OL was not lousy. It wasnt up to the great ND standards but about 115 schools would have liked to have NDs OL

You keep bringing up the 10 count but the defense wouldn't have been on the field if he can complete a simple screen pass or score more than 14 points in en entire game

There's no guarantee we get the stop even with 11. Complete the pass and the play doesn't ever happen
Golson---How do you keep telling us how disappointing Sam Hartman was, without even mentioning the WR room and the OC? Those two areas were woefully lacking.

Golson---How do you keep telling us how disappointing Sam Hartman was, without even mentioning the WR room and the OC? Those two areas were woefully lacking.
We all know that. No one disputes that. Some people like you try to push everything on them and others though and look past Sams weakness and his shortcomings. They all get blame including Sam. He wasn't good enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT