ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard is Irish

Anything short of the playoffs next year with what they’ve brought in and freeman in year 3 would be massively dissappointing.

Have to go atleast 2-1 against USC,FSU, and A and M.l if you want to control your destiny.

The rest *should* be wins if the players and coaches do what they need to do.

Reactions: christophero
I would think Angeli and Minchey would both like to play in the bowl game. But I could see one of them transferring out after the spring, though.
I see at least one transferring after the bowl. Remember Carr will be on campus and practicing 12-16-23. If he really lights it up in practice then perhaps two go.

Anything short of the playoffs next year with what they’ve brought in and freeman in year 3 would be massively dissappointing.

Have to go 2-1 against USC,FSU, and A and M.

Include Louisville in there. 4 tough games

Some middling type games. And some poor ones

If Angeli/Minchey do well in bowl game, one or both leave. The key here is to keep Carr. If he's a dude, then he needs to see the field as the number 2 guy. If he's a dude, he needs to know there's a chance for him to win the starting job if he performs. Or he leaves also.

Have to go atleast 2-1 against USC,FSU, and A and M.l if you want to control your destiny.

Add Louisville to the list but those 4 big/tough games we'll have the better QB again!

USC, FSU, Louisville all starting new QBs, and A&M starting inexperienced one. USC probably will get a good transfer

IF Mills and Watts are back, Land a good DE and Safety from portal, I would expect ND to be favored in every game.

Like I've said, Freeman is doing a masterful job of building a team on paper. 9-3 was almost as bad as the team could do this past year with due to coaching. Coaching improves we are 11-1 or better.

Add Louisville to the list but those 4 big/tough games we'll have the better QB again!

USC, FSU, Louisville all starting new QBs, and A&M starting inexperienced one. USC probably will get a good transfer

IF Mills and Watts are back, Land a good DE and Safety from portal, I would expect ND to be favored in every game.

Notre Dame losing to lousville especially at home is bad. if notre dame is serious about winning a title they should be 7 point faves at minimum and take care of business

I see at least one transferring after the bowl. Remember Carr will be on campus and practicing 12-16-23. If he really lights it up in practice then perhaps two go.
They wouldn't have much time after the bowl. The transfer window ends on Jan. 2. I'm hoping they all stay for the spring and battle out the depth chart then.

Reactions: NDinNJ
A bit of searching and you would have found that pretty much most ND services were stating this

Golson5 acting as though he had info no one else was reporting is laughable. 😂
Yeah I acted like it was me who was the one who had the info 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Show me where that was

I cant wait to see it

I'm waiting......

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Yeah I acted like it was me who was the one who had the info 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Show me where that was

I cant wait to see it

I'm waiting......
You are still a tool. 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

Seriously though, Some of the members in this forum. have a sky is falling mentality for every minor issue. Same members that cry and complain each time a play doesn't go for 10 yards or a TD. It's comical.

You are still a tool. 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

Seriously though, Some of the members in this forum. have a sky is falling mentality for every minor issue. Same members that cry and complain each time a play doesn't go for 10 yards or a TD. It's comical.
So you couldn't back it up

Then you said something that had nothing to do with me

Nice job, toolbag

🤣🤣

Notre Dame losing to lousville especially at home is bad. if notre dame is serious about winning a title they should be 7 point faves at minimum and take care of business
agree 100% ND should NOT lose to them, ND was a 7 point favorite to win at Louisville this year, and over 7 points at Duke, and look how we played.

The 4 games i mention are probably the only 4 games ND is NOT favored by 14 or more

• Wow
Reactions: tbonesays
Great pickup. I'm not sold on his passing skills yet, but he definitely has a lot of talent.
2022 Leonard threw for 3000 yards 20 TD/6 INT and rushed for 700 yards with 13 TD's. He was injured this season (first got hurt in the ND game). It will be interesting to see how he does with the portal WR's and with RB's Love and Price. Also, a couple of new OL starters next year.

Is this really an upgrade from Hartman. Better runner but not a better passer. Feel like one of the other QB's(Angeli or Minchey) is going to leave after the spring game. Leonard didn't transfer to ND to be 2nd string.
Not sure why ND doesn't roll with their own talent.

Good get for the short term, but I'm concerned with the long term effects. Is this the future of filling out a roster? Is player development a thing of the past?
ND was left in a bind coming into this season when both Pyne and Buchner decided to leave. The QB's on the roster are all young and inexperienced. Leonard will stay one year and then its on to whoever is here for '25...Angeli, Minchey, Carr??? Deuce Knight will a freshman in '25

Is this really an upgrade from Hartman. Better runner but not a better passer. Feel like one of the other QB's(Angeli or Minchey) is going to leave after the spring game. Leonard didn't transfer to ND to be 2nd string.
I think it's the better qb for what we will have next year.

Young oline with very inexperienced tackles
Big time athletic RBs
Potentially deep WR room (based on health and one more portal WR)
Talented TE room if Evans is back 100%

I think they're going to have to run and move around leonard a lot next year especially at A&M with such inexperienced tackles... Although I think our WR room will be better pre season next year than this year, possibly by a good bit, it's still not overly explosive, so we need some time to let WRs get open, and that's not a good recipe for our oline early next year

With that said, I have hope, but absolutely no trust in parker's ability to develop, coach, run, and call the offense that best suits NDs players

Big time athletic RBs

I think they're going to have to run and move around leonard a lot next year especially at A&M with such inexperienced tackles... Although I think our WR room will be better pre season next year than this year, possibly by a good bit, it's still not overly explosive, so we need some time to let WRs get open, and that's not a good recipe for our oline early next year

With that said, I have hope, but absolutely no trust in parker's ability to develop, coach, run, and call the offense that best suits NDs players
Riley Leonard and Beaux Collins trust.

And frankly, Jimmy's and Joe's matter more.

Big time athletic RBs

Agree with all but last sentence. His size and athleticism and mobility will be a weapon, and extremely important with a young inexperienced line, at least at tackles, and possibly at guards as well.

I think the jury is still out regarding Parker. He game planned without a deep ball threat, with freshmen receivers that were unable to get separation, with two inexperienced guards who were slow, with a right tackle that played several uninspired games, with a center who got knocked back repeatedly, without his best receiver for several games, with injuries to Thomas and Greathouse, and a QB who had no confidence in his receivers. As much as we tend to buy into the hype of the players we recruit, the fact is we had players at several positions on offense that frankly should not be starting at a place like ND. These excuses and realities will not be present next season, other than a relatively inexperienced line, and Parker can be fairly judged then.

Riley Leonard and Beaux Collins trust.

And frankly, Jimmy's and Joe's matter more.
We had better Jimmy's and Joe's than every team we played this year, including Ohio State. Ohio State was the only one close from a talent perspective (clemson probably next).

• Wow
Reactions: tbonesays
Yes he is. In terms of potential and upside

ND was left in a bind coming into this season when both Pyne and Buchner decided to leave. The QB's on the roster are all young and inexperienced. Leonard will stay one year and then its on to whoever is here for '25...Angeli, Minchey, Carr??? Deuce Knight will a freshman in '25
In 24 Angeli will be a Junior, Minchey will be a Sophomore, Carr will be a Freshman. Knight will be in the pipeline. The only class that's missing is a Senior.

I can agree with inexperienced, but young? How can we call Juniors young? Is the expectation that only Seniors or Grad Students will start? If two years is not enough to develop a QB to be a starter, then we will forever be at the mercy of the portal. Right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT