ADVERTISEMENT

Parker is

I try not to be a conspiracy theorist, but didn’t Freeman simply say, “I’d like all of our coaches to be back next year.” ?

Part of me hopes that means that he wants Parker as the TE coach haha

You know damn well Gerad Parker is challenged as an OC.
No I don't. I think the offense put up a ton of points except against the top defenses on our schedule

It's been that way for the last 15 years. Tommy did the same thing. So did Chip. Etc etc.

Except this offense scored more than those. Why wouldn't he get another year when those guys all did?

No I don't. I think the offense put up a ton of points except against the top defenses on our schedule

It's been that way for the last 15 years. Tommy did the same thing. So did Chip. Etc etc.

Except this offense scored more than those. Why wouldn't he get another year when those guys all did?
I don't give a shit what they scored, the offense sucked, and you know it sucked.

Reactions: Chitown11
I don't give a shit what they scored, the offense sucked, and you know it sucked.
It sucked against the best defenses.

Just like the previous OC did, and the one before him, and the one before him, and the one before him

Last year we scored like 30ppg. This year we scored 39ppg

Just like the previous OC did, and the one before him, and the one before him, and the one before him

And averaged 19 against Ohio St., Clemson, and Louisville, with a sixth year QB who started a bunch of games..

Because Parker isn’t very good.
ND’s offense finished the season averaging 39.1 points per game, the second-most in school history (second to the 1912 team).

ND’s 6.95 yards per play on offense ranks as second-most all-time (second to the 2015 team).

Parker may not be that good, but that ain’t bad

And averaged 19 against Ohio St., Clemson, and Louisville, who gives a shit.
Yep. That's why I mentioned that like 3x more

Just like the previous OC, the one before him, the one before and the one before him

So why wouldn't Parker get another year when they did?

ND’s offense finished the season averaging 39.1 points per game, the second-most in school history (second to the 1912 team).

ND’s 6.95 yards per play on offense ranks as second-most all-time (second to the 2015 team).

Parker may not be that good, but that ain’t bad
The Notre Dame offense averaged 19 against Ohio St., Clemson, and Louisville, with a grad transfer QB who started over 50 games.

Gerad Parker is a challenged OC.

Yep. That's why I mentioned that like 3x more

Just like the previous OC, the one before him, the one before and the one before him

So why wouldn't Parker get another year when they did?
Imagine CJ Carr starting at QB at TAM.

How would Gerad Parker do?

The Notre Dame offense averaged 19 against Ohio St., Clemson, and Louisville, with a grad transfer QB who started over 50 games.

Gerad Parker is a challenged OC.
Understood. I would add that the Duke game makes your argument as well as any. The scheme vs Duke was infuriating and ND was incredibly lucky to win that game.

Nonetheless, we as fans can not analyze a process (practice/breakdown of in game and post game film) we can not see.

All we can see are the final results. The final statistics on this offense are not bad (unless you cherry-pick with bias)

Number one criteria for a good oc - having a solid game plan and a backup ready if that plan doesn’t work

Parker failed with this multiple times starting with Duke, Louisville and Clemson. Each game they stuffed box n blitzed and Parker was clueless. He sucks. He needs to go. And freeman is risking his reputation on this guy

Last edited:
Number one criteria for a good oc - having a solid game plan and a backup ready if that plan doesn’t work

Parker failed with this multiple times starting with Duke, Louisville and Clemson. Each game they stuffed box n blitzed and Parker was clueless. He ducks. He needs to go. And freeman is risking his reputation on this guy
Kelly kept Rees, Chip and Denbrock and they did the same things

What's the difference now?

Parker failed with this multiple times starting with Duke, Louisville and Clemson. Each game they stuffed box n blitzed and Parker was clueless. He ducks. He needs to go. And freeman is risking his reputation on this guy
Didn't you know? Notre Dame averaged 39 points a game.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
let’s just hope like Golden, the team learns his system and like MF, he spends lots of time this offseason learning from his failures.

So we won 9 games this year.

You said we have an easier schedule next year.

But you expect him to get worse... that's odd

This is the 2nd highest scoring offense we've had
If I said the opposite of what I said you would have disagreed with that also. You just want to argue with everyone.

Against whom ?

Lopsided scores against weak teams skewed the stats

Reactions: Chitown11
Why is everyone stating “the offense” put up 39ppg. The team put up 39ppg.

We had how many defensive and ST TDs this year? 6 or so?

We scored how many touchdowns with our backups in against TennSt, Pitt & Wake?

What I want to know is how many 75+ TD drives did we have against decent opponents?

We scored 48pts against an abysmal USC defense with 250 yards of offense. I realize a lot of the drives were set up on short fields but we had 6 drives of less than 30 yards of offense, and i didn’t include the short 2 yard TD drive.

Using team scoring to justify the offense is an incredibly skewed way of judging the production.

Why is everyone stating “the offense” put up 39ppg. The team put up 39ppg.

We had how many defensive and ST TDs this year? 6 or so?

We scored how many touchdowns with our backups in against TennSt, Pitt & Wake?

What I want to know is how many 75+ TD drives did we have against decent opponents?

We scored 48pts against an abysmal USC defense with 250 yards of offense. I realize a lot of the drives were set up on short fields but we had 6 drives of less than 30 yards of offense, and i didn’t include the short 2 yard TD drive.

Using team scoring to justify the offense is an incredibly skewed way of judging the production.
Every team has non offensive TDs every year. We had a lot last year.

You'd have to go back and look at all them if you are going to use that against this one

I try not to be a conspiracy theorist, but didn’t Freeman simply say, “I’d like all of our coaches to be back next year.” ?

Part of me hopes that means that he wants Parker as the TE coach haha
That was all for optics. He's not going to publicly state he's firing or replacing anyone. Hence why Stuckey got his walking papers today.

Reactions: Holycrossover3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT