ADVERTISEMENT

Parker & Freeman

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
How long has Freeman known that Parker was pursuing the Troy job? I assume Freeman has had 2 or 3 weeks to consider candidates?

Should be Denbrock. Knowing ND it’ll be Gino. Then we can hear for two years how it’s his first gig, so give him a chance.
Denbrock is not coming back to ND. Kelly and him are good friends and I heard that Denbrock just signed a 3 year deal with LSU.

Reactions: edub72
Personally, I like Gino right where he is. He does have OC experience, and he might be the logical choice to maintain the consistency in staff that Freeman wants. And, he may be very good in as our OC. I hope Freeman goes outside and brings in a young up and coming guy who is currently a very successful OC at an ascending program. Timing always sucks as the logical candidates are all coaching in prep for bowl games, and we may be hanging on this for several weeks.

Denbrock is not coming back to ND. Kelly and him are good friends and I heard that Denbrock just signed a 3 year deal with LSU.
Agree. I would be shocked if they go with Denbrock simply because he is a Brian Kelly guy.

Reactions: Kelso86
Wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air if the hire isn't the "Cincinatti Pipeline"?
It’s not really “cinci”, it’s really Fickel. Standard coaching tree. If you look at every great coach, they normally come from a great coach. Pro or college. You don’t become a 5 star Chef working at Denny’s.

Like Urban under Lou or look how many coaches came up under Saban. It’s shocking to look at a college or pro tree.

Reactions: Kelso86
It’s not really “cinci”, it’s really Fickel. Standard coaching tree. If you look at every great coach, they normally come from a great coach. Pro or college. You don’t become a 5 star Chef working at Denny’s.

Like Urban under Lou or look how many coaches came up under Saban. It’s shocking to look at a college or pro tree.
Unfortunately, lots of posters think Denny’s is 5 stars!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT