ADVERTISEMENT

Play calling and formations

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
I don’t remember Parker ever calling a play or having a formation that created a mismatch in NDs favor. At least not against a decent opponent. I sure hope Freeman moves on at years end.

Parker and ND staff embarrassed Ohio State.

The first and second down calls on the last drive, I’d say ND was in the better formation and playcall. Yet they ended up with a 5 yard loss and near interception. That’s the way football goes sometimes. Results aren’t always the best predictor in the short term.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieHard_Irish
I don’t remember Parker ever calling a play or having a formation that created a mismatch in NDs favor. At least not against a decent opponent. I sure hope Freeman moves on at years end.
Perhaps we can get Jimbo Fisher to replace him.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Intresting question, let’s take it a bit further, CMF won 9 games in his first full season, he still has an opportunity to win 10 games in 23.

2022-9-4
2023-10-3 or 9-4
Not terrible, but would you fire CMF for Jimbo Fisher? What realistic coach would you jettison CMF for? Let’s be real, Nick Saban ain’t coming? Kirby Smart ain’t leaving Georgia, would you trade CMF for Lanning? For Kalen Deboer.

You are so clever! 😎
Get a job. Make something of yourself.

When Freeman keeps saying “execution” after these losses. That’s putting it on the players, not the play calling or the scheme.

ND wins out including a Bowl Game, they’ll end up 10-3, with an offense ranked in the Top 20. That’s more than enough justification to say the program is moving forward and Parker is doing a good job.

I personally don’t believe that to be the case. But it’s a case that can be made. IF ND wins out and puts up points.

Interesting question, let’s take it a bit further, CMF won 9 games in his first full season, he still has an opportunity to win 10 games in 23.

2022-9-4
2023-10-3 or 9-4
Not terrible, but would you fire CMF for Jimbo Fisher? What realistic coach would you jettison CMF for? Let’s be real, Nick Saban ain’t coming? Kirby Smart ain’t leaving Georgia, would you trade CMF for Lanning? For Kalen Deboer.
"Not terrible, but would you fire CMF for Jimbo Fisher"

2 words -- HELL NO

I just wish if we insist on running into a stacked box we would run more 2 back sets. The lbs just key on the single back right now and pin back the ears. Having a fb type role and or a second weapon back there gives them at least a second gap to address

You are so clever! 😎
Get a job. Make something of yourself.
Pennick
I made other plans for Thanksgiving dinner but do appreciate your kind offer
I think we can cut edub some slack. No one is thrilled with Parker. Yeah, Hartman flat out missed throws n did not see open receivers. But my biggest beef is not having an answer for box stuffing in Louisville n Duke games.
That’s on Parker
What’s for dessert?

Pennick
I made other plans for Thanksgiving dinner but do appreciate your kind offer
I think we can cut edub some slack. No one is thrilled with Parker. Yeah, Hartman flat out missed throws n did not see open receivers. But my biggest beef is not having an answer for box stuffing in Louisville n Duke games.
That’s on Parker
What’s for dessert?
Edub is a troll and needs to get a job. There are multiple problems with the offense....
As Holtz use to say....the game isn't that complicated. It is about blocking and tackling.

Reactions: theskibro
You should apply for the position with your experience!!
LOL

Freeman works tirelessly on the recruiting trail. He has the D doing good. It's just getting a talented/experienced/game adjusting OC hired. If Golden leaves, then if he promotes Mickens ,then he has to find a db coach. I feel O line,D line, ST,Safety,db[if Mickens remains there],wr , DC[unless Golden looks elsewhere] and qb are safe. The OC seems to be the weak link. I know we stood toe to toe with OSU but Ville and Clemson was embarrassing.

Freeman works tirelessly on the recruiting trail. He has the D doing good. It's just getting a talented/experienced/game adjusting OC hired. If Golden leaves, then if he promotes Mickens ,then he has to find a db coach. I feel O line,D line, ST,Safety,db[if Mickens remains there],wr , DC[unless Golden looks elsewhere] and qb are safe. The OC seems to be the weak link. I know we stood toe to toe with OSU but Ville and Clemson was embarrassing.
Mickens would still be the CB coach if he became the DC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT