ADVERTISEMENT

Another year, another mediocre product

Dec 29, 2005
I like MF, I think he’s a genuinely good guy but he should’ve never been given his first HC job at ND.

The debacle against Okie State in the Fiesta Bowl was a big indicator to many. The past few weeks have proven Freeman and Parker are not Big Time, the play calling, the 10 men on the field against OSU, Freeman saying “Estime should’ve taken a knee” while trailing Duke with 38 seconds to go. Then tonight with almost 10 minutes to play, and down by 11, he goes for it on his own 35, that is stupid as hell.

Again, I personally like Marcus but he’s just not ready to lead a major CFB program.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgaynor
I like MF, I think he’s a genuinely good guy but he should’ve never been given his first HC job at ND.

The debacle against Okie State in the Fiesta Bowl was a big indicator to many. The past few weeks have proven Freeman and Parker are not Big Time, the play calling, the 10 men on the field against OSU, Freeman saying “Estime should’ve taken a knee” while trailing Duke with 38 seconds to go.

Again, I personally like Marcus but he’s just not ready to lead a major CFB program.
We will find out alot about MF this offseason. Does he make changes to his staff or not? If so there might be hope.

The debacle against Okie State in the Fiesta Bowl was a big indicator to many. The past few weeks have proven Freeman and Parker are not Big Time, the play calling, the 10 men on the field against OSU, Freeman saying “Estime should’ve taken a knee” while trailing Duke with 38 seconds to go.

You are right. We suck because of coaches

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
too good to be true disney GIF
I Cannot Wait Winnie The Pooh GIF by Maudit
winnie the pooh GIF
alan rickman GIF
frustrated charlie brown GIF
Sad Child GIF by ElevenSportsBE

You look for progress. It’s not like he was handed a top 5 team. BK left it in medium at best shape.

Is he learning? Yea, he is kicking FG’s against USC instead of going when it’s tempting.

They could just as easily be 8-0 as 6-2.

Best of all, he is recruiting top talent. Give it a bit of time.

Go cheer for another team. ND will be back in prominence in the near future. MF is a recruiting machine. ND does need a seasoned OC, but other than that not much

Notre Dame isn‘t mediocre this year. Mediocre is Washington State or Iowa. There’s good signs all around. MF was left a very stable, winning situation and his recruiting will perhaps take us one extra step.

You look for progress. It’s not like he was handed a top 5 team. BK left it in medium at best shape.

Is he learning? Yea, he is kicking FG’s against USC instead of going when it’s tempting.

They could just as easily be 8-0 as 6-2.

Best of all, he is recruiting top talent. Give it a bit of time.
No, as much as we’d like, they couldn’t be 8-0

They had no chance of beating Louisville

That’s an absurd statement. Tyree had a gift he dropped for a TD and another in FG range. Those two plays change that game completely. When your up, you play a diff game then behind. Just put the TD that hits you in the hands at the 2 yard line with nobody around you and that’s a win.

Reactions: francade
That’s an absurd statement. Tyree had a gift he dropped for a TD and another in FG range. Those two plays change that game completely. When your up, you play a diff game then behind. Just put the TD that hits you in the hands at the 2 yard line with nobody around you and that’s a win.
What about Louisville’s failed plays, you don’t count them ?

As painful as it might be, Louisville outplayed us.

Or do you think that gaining 44 yards running
the ball is a sign of dominance ?

How about ND being intercepted 3 times ?

ND was out-coached and outplayed !

We lost by 13 points !

Notre Dame isn‘t mediocre this year. Mediocre is Washington State or Iowa. There’s good signs all around. MF was left a very stable, winning situation and his recruiting will perhaps take us one extra step.
I'm not sure what you would call Iowa.
I pull for them and Nebraska and Iowa St. mostly because of their wrestling programs, but Iowa has been extremely fortunate to this point

What about Louisville’s failed plays, you don’t count them ?

As painful as it might be, Louisville outplayed us.

Or do you think that gaining 44 yards running
the ball is a sign of dominance ?

How about ND being intercepted 3 times ?

ND was out-coached and outplayed !

We lost by 13 points !

We turned it over 5 times. Nobody wins with 5 TO’s. You dropped critical passes. Even so it was a game to the 4th.

It was not a 58-7 win. It was a mistake filled loss.

Louisville had 30 yards more with the ball 4 more series.

Reactions: BGI User 756
We turned it over 5 times. Nobody wins with 5 TO’s. You dropped critical passes. Even so it was a game to the 4th.

It was not a 58-7 win. It was a mistake filled loss.
It’s a LOSS

44 yards running, 3 interceptions

Stop making excuses, Louisville out coached and out played us !

Reactions: 4-4-3

The debacle against Okie State in the Fiesta Bowl was a big indicator to many. The past few weeks have proven Freeman and Parker are not Big Time, the play calling, the 10 men on the field against OSU, Freeman saying “Estime should’ve taken a knee” while trailing Duke with 38 seconds to go. Then tonight with almost 10 minutes to play, and down by 11, he goes for it on his own 35, that is stupid as hell.

This is a top ten team. That means 9 are higher ranked, at worst! That is a damned good job!

It’s a LOSS

44 yards running, 3 interceptions

Stop making excuses, Louisville out coached and out played us !
Obvi dude. That’s a fact.

Never said they didn’t, just said it was about mistakes not that a team dominated you.

When you drop easy catches and fumble hand offs it’s not about being out coached. It’s about players marking plays.

We are just not gonna agree.

This is a top ten team. That means 9 are higher ranked, at worst! That is a damned good job!

Who do you take? BK, worse record his 2 first at ND and has 6 losses at LSU. How about Dabo? Let’s go Kirby Smart his first two years. I think they had 7 losses! If MF ends up let’s say 10-3 this year with arguably a tougher schedule than BK ever had that seems like he is moving is in the right direction.

You can’t win without top players. He is getting those. It took Lou 3 years, let’s see how we do.

Who do you take? BK, worse record his 2 first at ND and has 6 losses at LSU. How about Dabo? Let’s go Kirby Smart his first two years. I think they had 7 losses! If MF ends up let’s say 10-3 this year with arguably a tougher schedule than BK ever had that seems like he is moving is in the right direction.

You can’t win without top players. He is getting those. It took Lou 3 years, let’s see how we do.
I just look at this team, this coach. More talent coming, more fire, better coaching of better players, The needle is pointing up, whereas with BK, the needle W’s always pointing horizontal or down.
This team always has a chance.

I agree. I think we might have found a gem. For a first time versus some of the “experienced” we got I like the up side

Obvi dude. That’s a fact.

Never said they didn’t, just said it was about mistakes not that a team dominated you.

When you drop easy catches and fumble hand offs it’s not about being out coached. It’s about players marking plays.

We are just not gonna agree.
I didn’t know that they put asterisk’s after losses !

The team that usually makes the fewest mistakes is a favorite to win a game, especially in the turnover area.

You’re correct, we don’t agree, ND was out coached and out played, and all the excuses in the world don’t alter that fact.

I didn’t know that they put asterisk’s after losses !

The team that usually makes the fewest mistakes is a favorite to win a game, especially in the turnover area.

You’re correct, we don’t agree, ND was out coached and out played, and all the excuses in the world don’t alter that fact.
How do you know they were out coached? Were you involved with the game plan? How do you know that the players didn’t just screw up? Please share the game plan and the playbook

No excuses. No defections, be a man

Thx in advance

How do you know they were out coached? Were you involved with the game plan? How do you know that the players didn’t just screw up? Please share the game plan and the playbook

Thx in advance
Love it !

You guys are complaining...talking about mediocrity? I'm a former long time Maryland Terrapins fan...Try that one out...This is football heaven for me.

Reactions: hvillebill
ND finishes with a record of 10-2 with that schedule than I would say it was a good year, yes, the OSU games still bothers me a lot, but no bad losses like last year

ND finishes with a record of 10-2 with that schedule than I would say it was a good year, yes, the OSU games still bothers me a lot, but no bad losses

Reactions: FightingIrish44
ND has had 10+ wins 6 of the last 9 years and are on their way to another. That's far from mediocre. At some point people need to wake up and realize it isn't the late 80's anymore. 10+ wins dang near every year for a decade isn't mediocre for any team.

Reactions: hvillebill
No chance ? That's a clear indication that you didn't watch the game.
44 yards rushing, 1.6 YPC. Louisville 185 Yds, 4.6 YPC

57.9 % CP. Louisville 70.8 % CP

3-13 on third downs
0-2 on fourth downs

3 interceptions

2 fumbles lost

Yea, I didn’t see the game !

ND has had 10+ wins 6 of the last 9 years and are on their way to another. That's far from mediocre. At some point people need to wake up and realize it isn't the late 80's anymore. 10+ wins dang near every year for a decade isn't mediocre for any team.
2017- 10-3
2018- 12-1, CFB Playoff
2019- 11-2
2020- 10-2, season shortened by 2 games. CFB Playoff.
2021- 11-2
2022- 9-4
2023- ?

Thx in advance
You probably saw the game but you don’t understand the game.

Go read the ND vs Louisville thread and the answer to your question is obvious, providing that you can read and more importantly, provided that you can comprehend what you read !

Last edited:
44 yards rushing, 1.6 YPC. Louisville 185 Yds, 4.6 YPC

57.9 % CP. Louisville 70.8 % CP

3-13 on third downs
0-2 on fourth downs

3 interceptions

2 fumbles lost

Yea, I didn’t see the game !
Yep! 2 or more people can see he same thing and come away with different opinions. Seem the case here.

PS: Pat, how you been?

Yep! 2 or more people can see he same thing and come away with different opinions. Seem the case here.

PS: Pat, how you been?
I’ve been pretty well

I’m looking forward to the weekend, but not Monday when I have to have 3 teeth pulled and 3 posts implanted.
Fortunately, the dentist’s chair is a relatively benign battle field !

More importantly, how are you doing ?

I’ve been pretty well

I’m looking forward to the weekend, but not Monday when I have to have 3 teeth pulled and 3 posts implanted.
Fortunately, the dentist’s chair is a relatively benign battle field !

More importantly, how are you doing ?
Doing ok, kinda in a holding pattern until later this month. I go to see the Dr that did my stem cell transplant.
Bit on edge about that. Well, I trust you did your due diligence when you picked your dentist, so I will expect a good report on that. Well blessings for you, we will both get thru it. Be well friend.

Doing ok, kinda in a holding pattern until later this month. I go to see the Dr that did my stem cell transplant.
Bit on edge about that. Well, I trust you did your due diligence when you picked your dentist, so I will expect a good report on that. Well blessings for you, we will both get thru it. Be well friend.
👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT