ADVERTISEMENT

OT Merkel and Trump

Ted Koppel is a leftist what a shock
Who pushed an ideology more than Barack Obama?
You say that because he offended the opinion host Hannity? In fact Koppel is an equal opportunity offender of opinion "news."

legendary broadcaster Ted Koppel not a big fan of cable news. In fact he thinks it has harmed journalism in America. Writing in "The Washington Post" Koppel said, quote, "The commercial success of both Fox News and MSNBC is a source of nonpartisan sadness for me. While I can appreciate the financial logic of drowning television viewers in a flood of opinions designed to confirm their own biases, but the trend is not good for the republic," unquote.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
You say that because he offended the opinion host Hannity? In fact Koppel is an equal opportunity offender of opinion "news."

legendary broadcaster Ted Koppel not a big fan of cable news. In fact he thinks it has harmed journalism in America. Writing in "The Washington Post" Koppel said, quote, "The commercial success of both Fox News and MSNBC is a source of nonpartisan sadness for me. While I can appreciate the financial logic of drowning television viewers in a flood of opinions designed to confirm their own biases, but the trend is not good for the republic," unquote.

Sorry Ted Koppel himself said he was a liberal

Don't get me wrong I like Ted Koppel he can be fair for the most part, but cable news hurt his business of network news so I guess you gotta consider the source
Don't you find it odd he left CNN off the list
One of the biggest fabricators of news

saturday-funnies-L-nzVp_W.jpeg
This puts it all in a proper perspective.
This is a making of their own doing thank you for sharing this

Reactions: Bodizephax
All i have posted has been rational thought.
Agree they will have to come together, but when does being fiscally responsible mean you're not a human being?

The Dems took a 5th of the economy and broke it.
Where was their humanity in that?
You might want to listen to Rand Paul. He's had the clear answer the Healthcare

The republican haven't turn their back on this, and the president has reach across to the Democrats AGAIN

Thanks to Obama's mismanagement of the economy the inner cities are getting new hardware:

The Bozena Riot can handle virtually any duty when authorities need to put down an uprising: it is a remotely operated, armored vehicle designed to deal with riots and mobs in the streets and urbanized areas. The system offers a solution for both protecting the law-enforcement units in action and controlling the situation whenever peace maintenance is required.

The truck right out of RoboCop's OCP Detroit, has three components: a carrier, a 3000 kg adjustable shield, and a water trailer. Two water cannons can send protesters flying from the front or the rear and if that doesn’t do the trick, police can always rely on the "high-pressure tear gas gun" to disperse any riot.

Thanks Obamacare!
This chart-fest reflects the trends that cannot be reversed by policy tweaks and tucks: The U.S. spends more than twice as much per person than our advanced competitors such as Japan and France.

healthcare3-17.jpg

The U.S. spends 2.5 times more per person than the OECD (i.e. the industrialized nations) average:

US-healthcare2.jpg

Do you reckon wage earners might have a hard time paying for healthcare nowadays?

Thanks Obamacare!
This chart-fest reflects the trends that cannot be reversed by policy tweaks and tucks: The U.S. spends more than twice as much per person than our advanced competitors such as Japan and France.

healthcare3-17.jpg

The U.S. spends 2.5 times more per person than the OECD (i.e. the industrialized nations) average:

US-healthcare2.jpg

Do you reckon wage earners might have a hard time paying for healthcare nowadays?

Wait a second. All of these other countries with lower health care costs all go well beyond the US in terms of government intervention into the health care system. Are you suggesting that is the best approach, more government control?

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Wait a second. All of these other countries with lower health care costs all go well beyond the US in terms of government intervention into the health care system. Are you suggesting that is the best approach, more government control?
No perhaps get the drug, insurance and medical lobbyists out of Congress and prices will fall.

That's not true
BTW it's funny how people from other countries used to come here because it was better, but the former administration ruined that

That's not true
BTW it's funny how people from other countries used to come here because it was better, but the former administration ruined that
Obama raise the price of replacement hip surgery? Stop being so partisan and think man.

Price, not utilization, is the force behind historical medical cost trend

Obama raise the price of replacement hip surgery? Stop being so partisan and think man.

Price, not utilization, is the force behind historical medical cost trend
Government involvement is the reason for price increase. Much like the cost of education has risen to due Federal Aid.

Give big Business free money and they will screw you everytime

That's not true

What isn't true? Every one of those countries has a form of universal payer except for Switzerland, which has a stricter version of Obamacare.

"In general, the Swiss system is more heavily regulated than Obamacare. The government sets health-care prices. Subsidies ensure that nobody pays more than 8% of income for health insurance,"

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2013/02/obamacare-0

What isn't true? Every one of those countries has a form of universal payer except for Switzerland, which has a stricter version of Obamacare.

"In general, the Swiss system is more heavily regulated than Obamacare. The government sets health-care prices. Subsidies ensure that nobody pays more than 8% of income for health insurance,"

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2013/02/obamacare-0

I lived in Holland for 3 years so I have somewhat of an understanding of the Healthcare system in that part of the world.

From what I've seen, but more important to me what I was told by people who lived in the Netherlands, and throughout Europe that there are advantages to their system the one in America is better. Keep in mind some liked their system better, but the majority believe the system in the US was better and to a person the waiting g time was the biggest benefit.

The majority of my life I was in the US military so take that for what it's worth
It's when I got into the private Market and I went from the United States to the Netherlands then came back to the States I could see the difference.
From what I seen their system benefits to use more than a does when you get older.

If there is going to have to be a need for some form of government assistance Healthcare it should be implemented at the state level and not the federal level what's good for California is not necessarily good or wanted in Nebraska.

Last edited:
My post was in response to the chart which had the U.S. having the highest health care costs in the developed world, which is undoubtedly true. In any case, since you changed the subject a bit and focused on the "quality" of the health care, I think you would be hard-pressed to find any survey that has American health care higher ranked than health care in Holland. This US News ranking is just an example. Holland is ranked 6th, while the US doesn't even make the Top 10.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...blic-health-care-systems-ranked-by-perception

And before you say it's Obama's fault, all of the countries ranked ahead of us in health care quality go much farther than Obamacare in government control of the health sector.

I posted about my experienced. Nothing more nothing less. Now are the citizens happy with their healthcare? That doesn't surprise me, but has the population experienced our system? What are the pollster comparing the publics shared experience with?

It's not that cut, and dry

Now out of those counties ahead of the US how may people live in those countries?

What are their contributions to keeping the world safe?

Are we giving any of those countries any finical aid of somekind?

And I'm sure as you know the constitution says nothing about the federal government being responsible for a person healthcare. This is why it should be handled at the state level IF it got to the point people have to suckle to the government.

I posted about my experienced. Nothing more nothing less. Now are the citizens happy with their healthcare? That doesn't surprise me, but has the population experienced our system? What are the pollster comparing the publics shared experience with?

It's not that cut, and dry

Now out of those counties ahead of the US how may people live in those countries?

What are their contributions to keeping the world safe?

Are we giving any of those countries any finical aid of somekind?

And I'm sure as you know the constitution says nothing about the federal government being responsible for a person healthcare. This is why it should be handled at the state level IF it got to the point people have to suckle to the government.

You might like this article Poet. https://market-ticker.org/
Karl studied physics but he writes plainly enough. Little long but accurately explains the problems.

My post was in ..............

And before you say it's Obama's fault, all of the countries ranked ahead of us in health care quality go much farther than Obamacare in government control of the health sector.
You might like this article Poet. https://market-ticker.org/
Karl studied physics but he writes plainly enough. Little long but accurately explains the problems.

Like I was stating to hayaka

It's not that cut, and dry.

What are those countries expenditures outside of it's own nation?
I'm going to check this out though thank you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT