ADVERTISEMENT

Oh to be a Lion's Fan

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Over 40 years and counting as a fan and today my brothers & friends were joking that the 1st half was bizarre because we were struggling to comprehend the success we were having and could it really be possible that the franchise had changed. The funniest thing was in 2nd half when it all turned to sh!t we werent screaming and yelling but laughing and joking about the collapse. If you have been a fan of this team for any length of time you are basically immune to failure & disapointment. PS kick the f'ing fg lol.

You have to kick those FGs on the road. Especially a 42-43 yarder to go up 27-10 (3 scores) Screw the metrics. 49ers tied the score within 4 minutes after Lions didn’t convert

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Over 40 years and counting as a fan and today my brothers & friends were joking that the 1st half was bizarre because we were struggling to comprehend the success we were having and could it really be possible that the franchise had changed. The funniest thing was in 2nd half when it all turned to sh!t we werent screaming and yelling but laughing and joking about the collapse. If you have been a fan of this team for any length of time you are basically immune to failure & disapointment. PS kick the f'ing fg lol.
Campbell left 6 points on the board for his insistent belief in "race for 30." Funny thing is... if he would have taken the first FG, and then the second, he would have been the first to 30 with a 30-27 lead. Great coaches can read the room and make the adjustments to the plan when the need arises. I'm not a Lions fan, but I hope he and that team get more opportunities like they had today.

You have to kick those FGs on the road. Especially a 42-43 yarder to go up 27-10 (3 scores) Screw the metrics. 49ers tied the score within 4 minutes after Lions didn’t convert
Oh we all wanted him to kick the fg. We knew going 3 scores was more important than converting 4th down. We were slamming Andy Reid when he chose to go for it instead of going for fg to put KC up 10. The decision not to attempt to tie the game in the 4th was even harder to understand.

Reactions: edub72
Those gambles are great when they work, not so great when they don't. And they tend to not work as well in the playoffs as they do in the regular season build up to the playoffs. And when they don't work, the other team's receivers start catching 50-yard passes that miraculously bounce off your defensive back's face mask.

Coaching from a couch is easy.

Odd group.

Go for the FG to make it 3 possessions in the first scenario and tie the game in the 2nd scenario. I suspect the thinking was Niners offense was gonna come alive at some point and it did as they were unstoppable in the 2nd half and Campbell wanted to pile on as many points as possible to win.

Overall, it was a good season. As long as the Lions progress a bit more next year, for once we may be seeing a fun period for being a Lions fan. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day!

I could see taking a shot up 14 .

But there was nothing logical to me about not tieing it up.

I'll chalk it up to a coach being in that arena for the 1st time and being a bit too emotional.

I was in Detroit last year to watch Yanks/Tigers series. I met some real down to earth Tiger/Lion fans. Pointed me in the right direction for famous Detroit pizza ( original Buddy's) and some beers in Cork Town. Reynolds killed the momentum of the Lions. I agree they should have taken that 48 yard fg try but that's no chip shot. BTW has any Detroit fans here gone into Downtown Detroit Athletic Club ?

Reactions: raulduke_007
I was at the game yesterday and both playoff games in Detroit beforehand. So so brutal. 2H felt unfortunately like a brutal Irish loss from the past… the Ayiuk catch off our DB’s facemask felt like the opposite of destiny. Cursed.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
I was at the game yesterday and both playoff games in Detroit beforehand. So so brutal. 2H felt unfortunately like a brutal Irish loss from the past… the Ayiuk catch off our DB’s facemask felt like the opposite of destiny. Cursed.
There was a PI on that play. May have not made much of a difference.

Easy to say when they don’t convert. Reynolds catches it, Campbell is a genius. Missed 47 yard FG, it’s another boneheaded decision…
for sure. Agree Reynolds should have caught it (dropped another easy one; he played at Kutztown). But playing away, game is in control, Badgley was very accurate this year, up 3 scores if make it. Take the points. Not a boneheaded decision if kicker misses. Remember, you have to make the first down and still make a TD, that is increasing risk, decreasing probability of a TD

Reactions: Holycrossover3
for sure. Agree Reynolds should have caught it (dropped another easy one; he played at Kutztown). But playing away, game is in control, Badgley was very accurate this year, up 3 scores if make it. Take the points. Not a boneheaded decision if kicker misses. Remember, you have to make the first down and still make a TD, that is increasing risk, decreasing probability of a TD
I do agree. 3 possession game is worth the risk of a missed 47 yarder.

Well I think you have a good healthy perspective I have to say that I have not watched pro football in like 30 some odd years- other than the Super Bowl to be social at parties, etc

I have it up for 2 reasons 1- can’t tolerate the disrespect for the country and fans whether it’s kneeling or going on strike or some other crap. 2- the lack of accountability for screwing up. These guys make huge bucks n make stupid penalties n mistakes. No one sits or gets reprimanded. It’s a soft game.

So I watched the 2 playoff games because we have company who wanted to watch n I am more confident than ever that it’s a bad product

Dropped balls, penalties, taunting, stupid decisions not to kick a fg. And these people get paid.

Reactions: francade
Well I think you have a good healthy perspective I have to say that I have not watched pro football in like 30 some odd years- other than the Super Bowl to be social at parties, etc

I have it up for 2 reasons 1- can’t tolerate the disrespect for the country and fans whether it’s kneeling or going on strike or some other crap. 2- the lack of accountability for screwing up. These guys make huge bucks n make stupid penalties n mistakes. No one sits or gets reprimanded. It’s a soft game.

So I watched the 2 playoff games because we have company who wanted to watch n I am more confident than ever that it’s a bad product

Dropped balls, penalties, taunting, stupid decisions not to kick a fg. And these people get paid.
You’re going to be disappointed when the new NCAA football model gets fully implemented over the next 10 years. Everything pointing to more similarities between the NFL and college.

You’re going to be disappointed when the new NCAA football model gets fully implemented over the next 10 years. Everything pointing to more similarities between the NFL and college.
I know n I’m wondering if there is anything left in life for enjoyment when it seems all that is good is being destroyed. Sad

Reactions: francade

No one gives a shit if you do not enjoy the NFL. So fu..ing what.

• Haha
Reactions: Chitown11
The kicker is like 50% from that distance. They got that far bc of their coach. It was the right call.

Wrong Reynolds

Harlem-----I could say the same.

Why open the thread?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT