ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn of a new day

tkirish

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 23, 2002
Hello Irish fans. I Have been an ND fan since my earliest recollection. That was the beginning of the 1970’s. The game that stands out for me and the game where I understood what is like to be an ND fan , was ND vs Souther Cal 1973. Yes I said Southern Cal not USC. That’s who anyone who was an Irish fan, call the Trojans at that time. They were a perineal juggernaut. ND was right there with them. SC was “thee” game. When the Irish beat them on the fall October day, it was magical. I remember watching with my mom and dad and brothers and sisters . I have been watching or listening to games every Saturday from that point to the present. There was something special about being a Notre Dame fan. I have witnessed plenty of highs and lows through the years just as all of you have as well. It has been a long time since I have felt that ND will be something special again in relation to the football team. Even with recent success under coach Kelly , I was not completely sold that they were back. After all you have to beat the best to be the best. It seemed when we thought they finally turned the corner, reality would settle in after a big loss to an elite team. Fast forward to now. Hope once again rings eternal and we are on the cusp of a new era of ND football. Maybe it’s just me. But something seems vastly different with the new coach Marcus Freeman. I’m not sure what exactly but there is something in the air that has not been there since Lou Holtz departed. Next Saturday the Irish will face one of the very best, if not the best team in the country. It is going to take a Herculean effort to win. Now I am not predicting a win. I hope that they do. What I am saying is that I believe this Irish team, led by their new young head coach, will play with passion and heart that we haven’t seen in many years. This is simply my feeling but I truly believe ND will be back in top tier of college football. It might not be immediately but there will be a dramatic change over the next 4-5 years. Here is to a great year this year and a hopefully a magical win next Saturday. Go Irish !!

Last edited:
Hello Irish fans. I Have been an ND fan since my earliest recollection. That was the beginning of the 1970’s. The game that stands out for me and the game where I understood what is like to be an ND fan , was ND vs Souther Cal 1973. Yes I said Southern Cal not USC. That’s who anyone who was an Irish fan, call the Trojans at that time. They were a perineal juggernaut. ND was right there with them. SC was “thee” game. When the Irish beat them on the fall October day, it was magical. I remember watching with my mom and dad and brothers and sisters . I have been watching or listening to games every Saturday from that point to the present. There was something special about being a Notre Dame fan. I have witnessed plenty of highs and lows through the years just as all of you have as well. It has been a long time since I have felt that ND will be something special again in relation to the football team. Even with recent success under coach Kelly , I was not completely sold that they were back. After all you have to beat the best to be the best. It seemed when we thought they finall turned the corner, reality would settle in after a big loss to an elite team. Fast forward to now. Hope once again rings eternal and we are on the cusp of a new era of ND football. Maybe it’s just me. But something seems vastly different with the new coach Marcus Freeman. I’m not sure what exactly but there is something in the air that has not been there since Lou Holtz departed. Next Saturday the Irish will face one of the very best if not the best team in the country. It is going to take a Herculean effort to win. Now I am predicting a win. I hope that they do. What I am saying is that I believe this Irish team, led by their new young head coach, will play with passion and heart that we haven’t seen in many years. This is simply my feeling but I truly believe ND will be back in top tier of college football. It might not be immediately but there will be a dramatic change over the next 4-5 years. Here is to a great year this year and a hopefully a magical win next Saturday. Go Irish !!
What if Notre Dame loses against FOSU? Which is a good possibility.

I believe the future of Notre Dame Football, the foundation going forward, is bright whether its a win or loss.

Reactions: Kelso86
Agreed. It’s definitely going to a tough game to win next week. Win or lose , I think the future is bright with coach Freeman at the helm.

Agreed. It’s definitely going to a tough game to win next week. Win or lose , I think the future is bright with coach Freeman at the helm.
100%%% agree. I have rarely predicted against Notre Dame the last 5 seasons or so. One was Alabama in 2020, the next will be this Saturday. I certainly believe Notre Dame can win, I just don't believe they will.

You tell the future by the present; recruiting rankings. IF they had rivals in those days you would see that Rockne, Ara, Holtz had players that actually were that good.

You tell the future by the present; recruiting rankings. IF they had rivals in those days you would see that Rockne, Ara, Holtz had players that actually were that good.
Then explain teams like Texas and others who are often in the Top 10 in recruiting and still do not do much.

It takes more than talent; anyone not understanding that is a true idiot.
Bluntly speaking ND had the talent to win a NC in the recent past but did NOT have the coaching.
There is NOWAY to tell if Freeman is good enough to get us over the hump.
Time will tell.

Then explain teams like Texas and others who are often in the Top 10 in recruiting and still do not do much.

Bluntly speaking ND had the talent to win a NC in the recent past but did NOT have the coaching.
Time will tell.
Maybe in 15 and 17 but never really enough to actually win it.

Teams have won with poor coaches. You can't win without talent

The goal is to have both

Reactions: adrian1477
Gene Chizik - thank you Cam Newton

Les Miles - LSU talent

Ed Orgeron - thank you Joe Burrow and LSU talent

Larry Coker - most talented roster I've ever seen. How did he only win 1 I'll never know
Those teams were bought and paid for as well.

Surprised you did not mention Philip Fulmer.

Time will tell.
I don’t think they've been good enough across the board to win a NC in the last 10 years. Certainly not at the skill positions.

Reactions: Kelso86

Les Miles - LSU talent

Larry Coker - most talented roster I've ever seen. How did he only win 1 I'll never know
^ this exactly

Time will tell.
Are you the cousin of that guy from Florida? Everyone's an idiot but you. Sorry pal, but if you truly think ND had the talent in recent years to win a national championship, then you are the idiot.

Are you the cousin of that guy from Florida? Everyone's an idiot but you. Sorry pal, but if you truly think ND had the talent in recent years to win a national championship, then you are the idiot.
Hey, not my problem you are stupid.

Yeah we had the talent; if we had a great coach.

Les Miles - LSU talent

None of them were poor coaches.

Are you naturally this stupid or do you have to work at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Now I imagine some of you gomers think that the NC can be won by a poor coach if there is enough talent.

The list the idiot gave and some of you numbies agreed with is a joke since NONE of them were poor coaches.

They were very good coaches at the least.

NOW at ND we need the best coaching because of the talent gap but are you morons trying to say if we had had a Urban Meyer or Saban that we would not have won a NC?

If you do then you all failed Football 101

The last 10 years there were several games at least that a better coach then Kelly would have won.

But you chumps are too stupid to figure that out.

None of them were poor coaches.

Are you naturally this stupid or do you have to work at it.
Yeah.... okay

Gene chizik head coaching record without Cam Newton is 24 and 38

So..... are you naturally this stupid or did it get worse over time? Honest question

Now I imagine some of you gomers think that the NC can be won by a poor coach if there is enough talent.

The list the idiot gave and some of you numbies agreed with is a joke since NONE of them were poor coaches.

They were very good coaches at the least.

NOW at ND we need the best coaching because of the talent gap but are you morons trying to say if we had had a Urban Meyer or Saban that we would not have won a NC?

If you do then you all failed Football 101

The last 10 years there were several games at least that a better coach then Kelly would have won.

But you chumps are too stupid to figure that out.
Gene Chizik 24 and 38 without Cam. He got canned then at Auburn after Can left

Les Miles 31 and 39 outside LSU. He got fired at LSU and at Kansas

ED O He was 10 and 25 at Ole Miss and got canned. Outside of his Joe Burrow year his overall record is 52 and 47. LSU fired him just like Ole Miss did

Larry Coker No one I know of did less with more talent as he inherited at Miami. How he only won 1 title I'll never know. But Miami sent him packing. Then he was 26 and 32 at UTSA and he quit while he was behind

But you think they were good coaches....LOL.....WAIT, are you a Michigan fan??? That explains it now. I thought you were stupid, now I know it

Hello Irish fans. I Have been an ND fan since my earliest recollection. That was the beginning of the 1970’s. The game that stands out for me and the game where I understood what is like to be an ND fan , was ND vs Souther Cal 1973. Yes I said Southern Cal not USC. That’s who anyone who was an Irish fan, call the Trojans at that time. They were a perineal juggernaut. ND was right there with them. SC was “thee” game. When the Irish beat them on the fall October day, it was magical. I remember watching with my mom and dad and brothers and sisters . I have been watching or listening to games every Saturday from that point to the present. There was something special about being a Notre Dame fan. I have witnessed plenty of highs and lows through the years just as all of you have as well. It has been a long time since I have felt that ND will be something special again in relation to the football team. Even with recent success under coach Kelly , I was not completely sold that they were back. After all you have to beat the best to be the best. It seemed when we thought they finally turned the corner, reality would settle in after a big loss to an elite team. Fast forward to now. Hope once again rings eternal and we are on the cusp of a new era of ND football. Maybe it’s just me. But something seems vastly different with the new coach Marcus Freeman. I’m not sure what exactly but there is something in the air that has not been there since Lou Holtz departed. Next Saturday the Irish will face one of the very best, if not the best team in the country. It is going to take a Herculean effort to win. Now I am not predicting a win. I hope that they do. What I am saying is that I believe this Irish team, led by their new young head coach, will play with passion and heart that we haven’t seen in many years. This is simply my feeling but I truly believe ND will be back in top tier of college football. It might not be immediately but there will be a dramatic change over the next 4-5 years. Here is to a great year this year and a hopefully a magical win next Saturday. Go Irish !!

I think ND will win on Saturday. They have the ability to run the ball on anyone. I am including TB in the run totals. Every team will have to double up on our tight end and put a shadow on TB. This will open up so many other opportunities. Our defense will take care of everything else.

Reactions: rgc7

Time will tell.
Talent is necessary but insufficient..

In re national title; Freeman does not have the necessary talent to win one, so we don't have to worry about whether he is a good enough HC.

You may be correct, but let’s give our coach a chance. I am always optimistic going into a season ! I thing NC until we lose a game !

You may be correct, but let’s give our coach a chance. I am always optimistic going into a season ! I thing NC until we lose a game !
consensus is you won’t have to do much thinking

Reactions: rgc7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT