ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND - Nothwestern thread ...

Yay playing for a field goal and a chance for Northwestern to score a touchdown to win.

I hate this playcalling. What point of "We can't run against this thick ankled, unathletic group" don't you understand. Let Ian pass the ball. At least tou have a chance.

am i the only one watching a really average/porous defense the last 3 weeks ?

there's more to good defense than just the score ..

the defense had a partially good 3rd quarter .. the other 3 quarters they have been really porous .. there's no rotation at LB .. there's no depth in the 2ndary .. the interior defensive line is downright bad .. and once the starters get winded the other team just moves the ball with relative ease ..

am i the only one watching a really average/porous defense the last 3 weeks ?

there's more to good defense than just the score ..

the defense had a partially good 3rd quarter .. the other 3 quarters they have been really porous .. there's no rotation at LB .. there's no depth in the 2ndary .. and once the starters get winded the other team just moves the ball with relative ease ..

ND doesn't have an elite defense. They have a top 25 defense. They are who they are.

The offense needs to be more consistant. Clemson and Alabama get a lot more from their offense (that's our competition in the playoffs).

We won this game. We could have won by atleast 3 touchdowns even though - OL was terrible in the run game. Terrible Special teams. Not enough pressure on their Qb.

We won boys - I think we win out. Sucks that we couldn't win more convincingly but I'll take the win

the offense ranks in the top 10 in the country since ian book took over .. i don't know how much better they could be ? the #1 offense ?

the offense is the worst recruited part of the team .. getting top 10 production with ian book carrying them is as good as we should expect

we need the DEFENSE to be more consistent (they have been trending down the last several weeks of the season)

Am I the only one who thinks that chip Long is a terrible play caller?

Yay playing for a field goal and a chance for Northwestern to score a touchdown to win.

I hate this playcalling. What point of "We can't run against this thick ankled, unathletic group" don't you understand. Let Ian pass the ball. At least tou have a chance.
This is part of what has held ND back in my opinion. Ball state played to stop the run on 1St and 2nd down. So did Pitt. And NW. For all Wimbush's trouble passing being in 3rd and long on most drives didn't do him any favors. Every coach who plays against ND knows they will spend massive amounts of effort trying to run against overloaded fronts for long stretches of the game.

This is part of what has held ND back in my opinion. Ball state played to stop the run on 1St and 2nd down. So did Pitt. And NW. For all Wimbush's trouble passing being in 3rd and long on most drives didn't do him any favors. Every coach who plays against ND knows they will spend massive amounts of effort trying to run against overloaded fronts for long stretches of the game.

Don’t forget the OL. Wimbush was getting drilled every drop back. We can say Wimbush wasn’t an effective passer, but the OL did him zero favors. Book can get it out faster so he nuetralizes a lot of the pressure. When he’s in anything more than a 3 step drop, he’s actually not much better if any than Wimbush.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT