ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame 2017 Recruiting Class 3.0

I'm not unaware of how well tOSU is doing in recruiting...their class this year (on paper) is going to be legendary. I also know who finished second in the B10 East last year...that would be tOSU. Michigan is not going to out recruit tOSU (on paper) this year. The only team that has a shot of doing that is Bama. However, the goal needs to be getting close enough that other factors like team chemistry, player development, roster balance, injuries, etc. puts us ahead on the field.
This is a shockingly accurate statement Ellobo that many on this board can't fathom. So much more to college football than recruiting. I respect your line of thinking and applaud your pragmatic way of thinking. I'd say that you're welcome back to this board any time, but the village idiots will throw their own feces in any direction without actually reading, comprehending, analyzing, and responding in a coherent manner. Cheers to you my rival, and Godspeed on this board. Crack open a good IPA or single malt scotch (if you're me) and keep it up.

Reactions: ellobo
Lol.......insiders confirming that their team passed on a player they're not going to be able to land.......classic

Michigan didn't pass, they just stuck out

Sorry buddy

Not my fault if you don't want to accept the truth. Insiders noted Ewell was not a take even before his visit to Mich, Nd and OSU....sorry if that oddly hurts your feelings.

I guess you don't follow recruiting very wll mich fan because insiders are saying that tufele is probably heading to OSU in which they say will prabably force cage to look elsewhere and odds are strong that rogers stays close to home and picks a pac 12 school. I get a big laugh out of you Michigan fans because you think your going to get just about any elite kid that harbaugh and staff offer and if you don't get that kid then you all say that harbaugh's staff stopped recruiting him anyways or that you were actually after bigger fish than him

No, we don't think we will get all elite recruits, and we certainly know that we lose some recruiting battles. It just so happens that Ewell is not one of them. The Michigan staff passed on him (as did OSU's). Oh well. No need to act like a cry baby about it.

Not my fault if you don't want to accept the truth. Insiders noted Ewell was not a take even before his visit to Mich, Nd and OSU....sorry if that oddly hurts your feelings.

Really, which insiders?
I just read today that Bama & Clemson (both in title game & better tha Michigan) were very high on him. Bama had him as a top 3 DT.
OSU still had a spot for him even with all their big commits.
As stated by other Michigan posters, Mattison wanted him, but they already got a commit from a similar type of DT & needs the last spot for different style DT.
NOBODY said Ewell wasn't a take. At least not Saban, Meyer, Kelly, Dabo, Mattison...

No, we don't think we will get all elite recruits, and we certainly know that we lose some recruiting battles. It just so happens that Ewell is not one of them. The Michigan staff passed on him (as did OSU's). Oh well. No need to act like a cry baby about it.

Not according to Meyer or OSU recruit services.

I am trying to think of which fans lie more than Michigan fans and right now I cannot come up with any.

If it was all about recruiting and nothing else then ALABAMA would be about 78-0 over the last 6 years.

Reactions: Bodizephax
We have been a little spoiled the last week or so with all three players announcing ND as predicted, but who is the next guy to look forward to?
Is there anyone else coming up in the summer?

I think at this point the next to announce MIGHT be WR Michael Young. high 3* kid from Louisiana that plays the slot. Sounds like it will be a ND-Oregon battle at this point. He's talking about taking official visits now, so his may drag out and become another Damian Alloway recruitment where everyone thought he was coming early on and it dragged on and on til he went elsewhere. Other guys that I expect to commit but have no idea on a timetable are Jedrick Wills, Amari Carter and Tarik Black. Wouldn't be surprised if we get St Brown's younger brother either. Thats another 5*, 2 4* and a 3* to add to what we already have, not bad if you ask me

well with our irish beating teams that really wanted ewell like MICHIGAN, bama, Clemson amongst other elite teams they can now focus on DEs like echols from CAL and some of the Maryland guys. I think we get young also D_Master and plus 5 star OT wills from KY and wr black is suppose to silent to a school at the end of this month and I think he'll follow teammate cj to south bend. the guy I want the most right now D_Master is top 5 rated CB Thomas Graham from CAL who talked in length friday about our irish. the way he talks in intereviews it seems that if mom likes her first visit to campus for the mich st game like pops liked his then he'll be ours. graham was a terror at the opening and proved himself to maybe being the best CB in the nation

Reactions: D_Master
The bottom line is Michigan got a surprise verbal from a kid (Solomon) and that changed a lot for how Michigan went about recruiting the position. And when I say surprise...the kid admitted he didn't think it was even a remote possibility going into the visit he committed on. Before that I'm sure the Michigan coaches would have done cartwheels if they landed Ewell.

can't wait to beat Michigan with all of these so called players that there staff passed up on according to there fans

I think at this point the next to announce MIGHT be WR Michael Young. high 3* kid from Louisiana that plays the slot. Sounds like it will be a ND-Oregon battle at this point. He's talking about taking official visits now, so his may drag out and become another Damian Alloway recruitment where everyone thought he was coming early on and it dragged on and on til he went elsewhere. Other guys that I expect to commit but have no idea on a timetable are Jedrick Wills, Amari Carter and Tarik Black. Wouldn't be surprised if we get St Brown's younger brother either. Thats another 5*, 2 4* and a 3* to add to what we already have, not bad if you ask me

Cool. I think ND needs to go full board on Wills. Not to demean Kentucky or anything but come on? Of all the battles for a recruit ND should be able to crush UK on this one? Especially with the chance to play with arguably the best OLine in the country the next 4-5 years.

Loy tweeted Young is announcing this week.

I expect ND to get him. And that news about Grahmn is incredible if it comes to pass. I dont remember the last time we got a DB of that calibur. Maybe Darrin Walls.

Notre Dame recruiting is currently ranked 7th or so , but again looking at the top 2017 recruits ,most of them have Michigan ,Ohio St., and Alabama, Georgia ,LSU, other SEC teams as the leaders. Plus Texas ,USC, Clemson ,Florida State look to be in on some very talented players.

Notre Dame might end up ranked between 10 and 15. Unless Kelly and staff can turn so high level high school stars toward the Irish. There is the possibility that we get some blue-chip players. Kelly and his staff are hard working l

Michigan isn't recruiting any better than our irish and I also think Kelly and staff can bring in a top five class as they have a real shot with 5 star OT Wills from KY, eventual 5 star CB Thomas Graham from CA, Justin who is a top 5 rated LB from NC and top five rated ATH Greg Johnson from CA. there are also many more elite 4 star kids that our irish also have a shot with

TN LB Jacob Phillips will be deciding in October and i saw we have a very good chance to get him. He's a high 3* (Rivals lists him as a 4* #8 ILB). Gonna be interesting to see where the finals 6-8 spots go, as it seems we have a decent shot at quite a few kids.

For the first time in a long time I am more concerned with OL recruiting than DL. Now this is a bit of an exaggeration, but I am a little worried. There is a definite need for another OT in this class. We have 3 solid prospects already in the fold, though Gibbons is a guard and Hainsey looks to be a guard as well. Lugg as you know is a very good OT prospect. The top 3 targets are Wills, Sarell, and Smith. With Wills now trending towards Bama, it appears that ND could miss out on all 3. Do you play it out and see what happens with those 3 or cast a wider net now? Seems to be a tough call for the staff. Recruiting is never easy!

I guess you don't follow recruiting very wll mich fan because insiders are saying that tufele is probably heading to OSU in which they say will prabably force cage to look elsewhere and odds are strong that rogers stays close to home and picks a pac 12 school. I get a big laugh out of you Michigan fans because you think your going to get just about any elite kid that harbaugh and staff offer and if you don't get that kid then you all say that harbaugh's staff stopped recruiting him anyways or that you were actually after bigger fish than him
I pay attention to it well enough to know that where a kid says he's leaning to in July often times has little to do with where he signs in February, especially when they aren't deciding until after they take Official visits, which both Tufele and Rogers have stated numerous times. So, you can say that Tufele will end up at OSU and Rogers will end up on the Left Coast all you want, that simply doesn't make it so.

if you would reread my post mich fan I never said that Tufele was for sure going to OSU and that Rogers was for sure staying out west but saying that insiders are saying that the are good basically for them to go elsewhere but to annie arbor

Darney Holmes who is a top five rated ATH and top thirty overall rated player from CA visited south bend this week and loved his campus visit so much that he said that he'll come back in the fall for an OV to a game. coach Kelly told him that he can play both ways if he comes to south bend. I've read this summer that our irish didn't have much of a chance here but that was before he visited and now maybe our irish have a shot if he likes the campus again for gameday

would be an incredible steal. still a long shot, but Holmes, Echols and Grahmn would be a grand slam home run pull out of Cali.

And as far as Oline recruiting, I think part of the problem we are having is what i had feared but hoped we'd never run into, and that is that we have a stacked depth chart. Someone like Smith really likes ND, but i think Ole Miss has more playing time which probably has alot of appeal.

Darney Holmes who is a top five rated ATH and top thirty overall rated player from CA visited south bend this week and loved his campus visit so much that he said that he'll come back in the fall for an OV to a game. coach Kelly told him that he can play both ways if he comes to south bend. I've read this summer that our irish didn't have much of a chance here but that was before he visited and now maybe our irish have a shot if he likes the campus again for gameday
So you are saying that it is possible that a kid takes a visit and that school can make up quite a bit of ground on the assumed leaders?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT