ADVERTISEMENT

New Justin Scott Thread

Agree. Michigan, Notre Dame, or Ohio St.

ND will have late momentum if they get him for the BBQ + an OV for Ohio State game. Beat Ohio State and ND is even harder to beat. But, not going to be easy. The BBQ is essential to keep him from committing anywhere else. Then convince him to lock in the OV.

If Ohio State gives him money up front it’s a different thing altogether.

ND will have late momentum if they get him for the BBQ + an OV for Ohio State game. Beat Ohio State and ND is even harder to beat. But, not going to be easy. The BBQ is essential to keep him from committing anywhere else. Then convince him to lock in the OV.

If Ohio State gives him money up front it’s a different thing altogether.
What is the BBQ?

Unfortunately it sounds like it won’t happen.

Scott is announcing next month from what I’m hearing (mean probably Michigan or Ohio State), likely prior to the bbq.

KVA is trending away from ND.

Nelson is going to Nebraska.

Scott is announcing next month from what I’m hearing (mean probably Michigan or Ohio State), likely prior to the bbq.

Doesn't matter if Scott decides next month for us or not. His recruitment won't be over til december either way

Long battle with him

Reactions: IrishMike409

My favorite comment is "...from what I'm hearing..."

Michigan has an overabundance of defensive lineman plus Harbaugh is quietly leaving after this year. It is between ND and OSU. Ryan Day may not stick around much longer either. I think the Freeman global ND pitch has more staying power.

Michigan has an overabundance of defensive lineman plus Harbaugh is quietly leaving after this year. It is between ND and OSU. Ryan Day may not stick around much longer either. I think the Freeman global ND pitch has more staying power.
You really think Harbaugh is leaving?

Says who? Michigan was his leader before ND ever got involved.

Scott is telling people that he is going to the Notre Dame barbecue at the end of July. If he shows up to that then Notre Dame as a shot. If he doesn’t, then there’s no way.

Well, if he goes to UM the bag wasn't the reason and for the first time MF will deserve every bit of criticism that comes his way! If the bag isn't involved where JS ultimately lands then this is a complete and utter failure by everyone associated w/ ND! All things even then ND should never, ever lose a recruit like this!!

It doesnt matter what Scott decides in July
Obviously recruiting doesn’t end with a verbal, especially with top guys. But let’s not pretend a verbal, especially at this point in the recruiting process, isn’t an indicator of where a guy will likely land. Guys like Bowen/Keeley/Raiola committed way earlier in the process than a few weeks before senior year.

Obviously recruiting doesn’t end with a verbal, especially with top guys. But let’s not pretend a verbal, especially at this point in the recruiting process, isn’t an indicator of where a guy will likely land. Guys like Bowen/Keeley/Raiola committed way earlier in the process than a few weeks before senior year.
With most kids it matters, with this kid it won't be over til December

100. The vast vast majority of verbals stick with the original commitment, and this kid is stretching it out and has no announcement scheduled.

100. The vast vast majority of verbals stick with the original commitment, and this kid is stretching it out and has no announcement scheduled.
This commitment does not mean much regardless if it's ND or not

This commitment does not mean much regardless if it's ND or not
History says otherwise. The vast majority of verbal commitments never waver, and this kid currently shows no signs of committing anytime soon.

History says otherwise. The vast majority of verbal commitments never waver, and this kid currently shows no signs of committing anytime soon.
More kids decommit from other schools than they do to us. And we still get our fair share.

Add in the fact hes a 5 star and add in the fact he's changed up his mind a few times already hes an absolute prime candidate to flip his commitment

Add in NIL and you add another layer for a flip.

This kids recruitment will be going into december regardless if he commits somewhere soon or not

Location, NIL, 5 star, already changing up his mind.... he's a prime candidate

This is a long haul type kid no matter what

More kids decommit from other schools than they do to us. And we still get our fair share.

Add in the fact hes a 5 star and add in the fact he's changed up his mind a few times already hes an absolute prime candidate to flip his commitment

This kids recruitment will be going into december regardless if he commits somewhere soon or not

This is the high risk/high reward dilemma that ND seems to find itself in more times than not. A verbal to ND in July means other targets move on....then ND gets left standing at the alter on signing day by the prize recruit.....meaning, the class takes another major hit. We have seen this way too often.

If he commits somewhere in the Midwest our chances drop even further than they already have. If he doesn’t show up in July or September it’s not dragging into signing day (at least not for ND).

If he commits somewhere in the Midwest our chances drop even further than they already have. If he doesn’t show up in July or September it’s not dragging into signing day (at least not for ND).
Doesn't matter where he commits to July. He will be in play til december

Doesn't matter where he commits to July. He will be in play til december

If he’s not at the Ohio State vs ND game it’s a Michigan vs Ohio State battle until December. Notre Dame has about as good a chance as Northwestern if he doesn’t come to campus. So yeah, I guess even D2 schools are “in play” until he signs his name someplace.

If he’s not at the Ohio State vs ND game it’s a Michigan vs Ohio State battle until December. Notre Dame has about as good a chance as Northwestern if he doesn’t come to campus. So yeah, I guess even D2 schools are “in play” until he signs his name someplace.
We'll be in play til dec. So will a few southern schools. So will those other northern schools you mentioned

Wasting your time if you get worked up about this recruitment.

Prepare for the long haul

Reactions: IrishMike409
We'll be in play til dec. So will a few southern schools. So will those other northern schools you mentioned

I am hoping we have an attention getting start and win this season and maybe we turn some heads and convert recruits on fence

Reactions: Kelso86

Thanks Dad.

I think this is correct. On a side note...I would rather play offense for 5 months...along with 2 or 3 other suitors than play defense and try to "hold on" to a verbal who still dates the other suitors. Notre Dame has been suckered by the verbal more times than I can count.

Reactions: Kelso86 and Golson5

200w.gif

This is 100% correct. Likewise, the only one I look at anymore is the 247 Composite
I only look at, and pay attention to, are Rivals rankings. Period. What Off3 has to say, especially their treatment of CJ Carr overall and at Elite 11, I could not care less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT