ADVERTISEMENT

---NEW FORMAT---

they did not try to impress us - but each other.

That is why using a focus group of end users is so important in design implimentation.

In this case it is "their way or the highway"

now that I've been using this new format for a few days I actually think it's better and easier to use than the old format. first of all you already have the post reply thing at the bottom of every thread already waiting for you so if you want to post a reply. and secondly all you have to do to read a thread is to simply click onto the title name of the thread. I do feel bad though for 35 as I know the new setup can be harder to get for some of the older crowd. my parents are in there mid seventies and i'm having to help them out with there computer some times

Last edited:
^ I agree; but with a bit of testing they could have made the basic screen view more "basic" and even allow for individual design your own page possibilities. Yahoo sites are notoriously over complicated and cumbersome! just go to their sport sites! like a circus!

Last edited:
now that I've been using this new format for a few days I actually think it's better and easier to us than the old format. first of all you already have the post reply thing at the bottom of every thread already waiting for you so if you want to post a reply. and secondly all you have to do to read a thread is to simply click onto the title name of the thread. I do feel bad though for 35 as I know the new setup can be harder to get for some of the older crowd. my parents are in there mid seventies and i'm having to help them out with there computer some times

While I agree with you the real purpose of my post is to test a feature I am curious about.

GO IRISH!

Frankly, I figured this redesign had more to do with revenue, than just ease of operation and ability to load on both mobile and PCs. I expect we soon will be inundated with ads generated by Google-like metrics.

I was just telling a friend that this new format here as well as espn just suck, their ugly, and they don't feel as user friendly imo.

IM

It is actually much better on my phone than the previous version and I am getting used to this version now as well. I agree having the posting option already at the bottom is great.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Love the features, HATE the look/feel.

1) is there any way to disable avatars? All they do is take up room.

2) is there any way to customize colors? There is SO much whitespace, boxes around sections and certain text is so light that everything is unreadable. If users could customize colors of text and background this would fix 90% of the problems.

3) can we get rid of the right hand column whatever it is? Rendering 25% of screen real estate unusable (and white) just so you can show useless statistics and have some social media buttons (which could be put elsewhere) is insane.

Love the features, HATE the look/feel.

3) can we get rid of the right hand column whatever it is? Rendering 25% of screen real estate unusable (and white) just so you can show useless statistics and have some social media buttons (which could be put elsewhere) is insane.
FYI: That right column will soon be full of advertisements.

when you guys refer to the "right col", what are you referring to? on ipad the page is avatars and then mssge area. no space on the right.

I hate this new format ! Once the Technies get involved , they take a great working simple thing and create a monster of confusion.

IF it ain't broke.....then don't fix it?

_____GO IRISH!!!
BUT there's always some jerk or two who'll do it anyway!!!

^
yup. But actually, with a bit of tweaking this could be considered really better; the ignore feature alone was worth the price of admission; not only can you put the poster on ignore, any poster's post referencing that poster is blocked! That's a big plus, as quoting was too frequent and kind of negated the old ignore feature. Whole groups and 'families' are able to be ignored -

A big improvement would be giving the ability to personalize your 'home' page on the forum site. That would eliminate many of the complaints.

A big improvement would be giving the ability to personalize your 'home' page on the forum site. That would eliminate many of the complaints.

Not sure about that. The more complex you make it, the more likely some old farts will stay away. Not sure we want that!

Keep a minimum of the new features, but make the board simple and make it look like the old one.

On my lap top 25% is blank on the right side. Don't know about my ipad2.I'll have to check..

Avatars were used on the former format. I had one. Signatures couldn't be used but they can now.
Present format isn't great but I can live with it since I'm computer illiterate.

Using the TOR browser:

another bummer is that the site allows a log in but when you access the forum it will not allow show you as logged in; who are these people?

Last edited:
I'm beginning to like it. Use the browser tools to zoom up font size to 150% and much easier to read even with my less than normal sight. Topic format view of threads is my preference also. Use browser back button and it navigates okay for me. Like said before, the ignore feature is much improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT