ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Fisher part deux....

football1irish

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 17, 2002
I have a feeling ND will make the playoffs and win it all under an interim coach much like Steve Fisher did at Michigan when Bill Frieder announced he'd be going to Arizona State after the basketball season. In vintage Bo Schembechler fashion he dumped Frieder right of way saying, "I don't want someone from Arizona State coaching Michigan!" Well it was addition by subtraction as Michigan stopped underperforming and went on to win six games in a row on the way to the NCAA Basketball National Championship.

I feel the same thing could play out with ND as Kelly has always been a drag on the program. Twelve years and not one BCS bowl win or College Football Playoff win in spite of all of ND's resources, advantages and his buddy Jack's soft scheduling. Worse yet all the real big games were all over by halftime as he wasn't even smart enough to gamble on defense to hide his lack of speed in the secondary. L$U and him deserve each other and hope that ridiculous lottery winning contract bankrupts them.

If and when this happens please don't give Brian Kelly any praise or credit for this... he won't deserve it and it wouldn't have happened if he stayed. Best yet it will fully embarrass him which he deserves for how he left Cincy and ND before their season's even ended. I expect Houston to beat Cincy and Georgia to beat Alabama. Michigan might even lose to Iowa. Any two of these scenarios plays out then ND is in for sure.

Finally please no Luke Fickell. He was awful as OSU's interim coach before they turned to a heavy weight in Urban Meyer to take them back to the top. Get someone who is proven to be really good or someone who has the potential to be special. Don't risk the program in the hand's of someone who is a known dud on the big stage.

I have a feeling ND will make the playoffs and win it all under an interim coach much like Steve Fisher did at Michigan when Bill Frieder announced he'd be going to Arizona State after the basketball season. In vintage Bo Schembechler fashion he dumped Frieder right of way saying, "I don't want someone from Arizona State coaching Michigan!" Well it was addition by subtraction as Michigan stopped underperforming and went on to win six games in a row on the way to the NCAA Basketball National Championship.

I feel the same thing could play out with ND as Kelly has always been a drag on the program. Twelve years and not one BCS bowl win or College Football Playoff win in spite of all of ND's resources, advantages and his buddy Jack's soft scheduling. Worse yet all the real big games were all over by halftime as he wasn't even smart enough to gamble on defense to hide his lack of speed in the secondary. L$U and him deserve each other and hope that ridiculous lottery winning contract bankrupts them.

If and when this happens please don't give Brian Kelly any praise or credit for this... he won't deserve it and it wouldn't have happened if he stayed. Best yet it will fully embarrass him which he deserves for how he left Cincy and ND before their season's even ended. I expect Houston to beat Cincy and Georgia to beat Alabama. Michigan might even lose to Iowa. Any two of these scenarios plays out then ND is in for sure.

Finally please no Luke Fickell. He was awful as OSU's interim coach before they turned to a heavy weight in Urban Meyer to take them back to the top. Get someone who is proven to be really good or someone who has the potential to be special. Don't risk the program in the hand's of someone who is a known dud on the big stage.
OSU finished 6-7 when Fickell took over in 2011....true. But the head coach had just been fired for recruiting violations...and it was a toxic, volatile time at Thee OSU. Fickell was handed a shat sandwich...and in retrospect, handled it pretty well. Players didn't care.....the program was in turmoil. That was 10 years ago...and the experience only enhanced Fickells knowledge and wisdom of the game.

I've looked at a number of predictions for the 4 teams in the playoffs and not one of them has ND in.

I've looked at a number of predictions for the 4 teams in the playoffs and not one of them has ND in.
Thats because Michigan, Georgia and Cincy are all predicted to win. I would be shocked if all three did...and, franky, won't be surprised if 2 of the 3 lose. I think Bama takes down Georgia, and Iowa takes down Michigan. But...thats why they play the games.

Would BK claim a NC?
Of course he would. What the F do you think??

He wouldn't have to claim it. ND would claim it for him. That would be a little reality check for the parasitic online hater patrol.

And you can be sure he'd get a statue. In case you didn't notice, Jack Swarbrick is pretty fond of BK. It's only anonymous internet ghouls that hate him....

So with that in mind, you might as well pivot back to hoping we don't make the playoff again.... and preferring a nice bowl game....

ND needs Cincinnati and Oklahoma State to lose this weekend. I don’t think they jump two loss Michigan or Alabama.

Of course he would. What the F do you think??

He wouldn't have to claim it. ND would claim it for him. That would be a little reality check for the parasitic online hater patrol.

And you can be sure he'd get a statue. In case you didn't notice, Jack Swarbrick is pretty fond of BK. It's only anonymous internet ghouls that hate him....

So with that in mind, you might as well pivot back to hoping we don't make the playoff again.... and preferring a nice bowl game....
You mean ghouls who put a picture of Kelly in an ND ski hat and who post 20,000 messages on an Internet board. Time to change that picture. ND may make the playoffs with a little luck but they don't have the talent to win it all this year, so you won't get that statue of Kelly you so desperately crave. You need to put an LSU hat on that picture now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT