ADVERTISEMENT

Hartman hurt is stock.

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
I feel he had a better chance at getting drafted if he had left last year. He came to ND to showcase himself in a pro-style offense with better talent surrounding him. He’s numbers are worse, he didn’t lose the OSU, Ville or Clemson games but he didn’t win the game for them either. Hartman gets picked up as a UDFA and gets cut the first round of roster decisions. Good news is he has a WF degree and ND degree and a bag of NIL money.

Play Angeli!

Angeli isn't good enough to win 10 games next year, and Carr/Minchey will be the starter in 2025. So, there is no reason to start Angeli this year. The 2 guys who could have won 10 games next year left because Freeman brought in Hartman. Now they have no choice but to bring in a portal guy for 2024. But before doing that, they need to clear it with Carr.

Angeli is going portal and they will be lucky to keep Minchey.

I feel he had a better chance at getting drafted if he had left last year. He came to ND to showcase himself in a pro-style offense with better talent surrounding him. He’s numbers are worse, he didn’t lose the OSU, Ville or Clemson games but he didn’t win the game for them either. Hartman gets picked up as a UDFA and gets cut the first round of roster decisions. Good news is he has a WF degree and ND degree and a bag of NIL money.

Play Angeli!
I’d say Parker ruined his stock. Sam showed up to play for Rees and got F’d over. He stuck it out and stayed true to his word with Freeman. ND failed Hartman. It’s all on Jack. Sam has been all class despite the bs he’s been dealt. He could be acting like Caleb Williams.

Angeli isn't good enough to win 10 games next year, and Carr/Minchey will be the starter in 2025. So, there is no reason to start Angeli this year. The 2 guys who could have won 10 games next year left because Freeman brought in Hartman. Now they have no choice but to bring in a portal guy for 2024. But before doing that, they need to clear it with Carr.

“Clear it” with a 17 year old? No thanks.

Who were the guys who could win 10 next season, and left? TB and Pyne? No way.

Reactions: NDinNJ and DublinND

Play Angeli!
Maybe, but I don’t think so—the NFL is just too analytics driven to have that much of a sway on what it thinks about a player based on 10 games.

Regarding the first bolded: You think Buchner and/or Pyne can win 10 games?

Regarding the second bolded: You might be right.

I’d say Parker ruined his stock. Sam showed up to play for Rees and got F’d over. He stuck it out and stayed true to his word with Freeman. ND failed Hartman. It’s all on Jack. Sam has been all class despite the bs he’s been dealt. He could be acting like Caleb Williams.
No WRs probably hurt Parker and Hartman’s stock

Reactions: ivan brunetti
“Clear it” with a 17 year old? No thanks.

Who were the guys who could win 10 next season, and left? TB and Pyne? No way.
exactly. Angeli has shown more promise in his limited play than Pyne and Buchner had.

Look at Bama and Milroe. They stuck with him and he's gotten better and gained confidence. They are in the thick of potentially making the CFP.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Pyne was 8-2 with a win over Clemson? Buchner won his bowl game. Both would have returned with another year of football experience at a high level to a weaker schedule next year. 10 wins is the floor.

RE: Carr. He is the future of the program so you better make sure he understands the reason you're taking a transfer and is good with it. Or you lose him to any school offering him the starting job year one.

Not only does Angeli leave, likely Minchey does also. I predicted Pyne/Buchner would leave with Hartman coming and the reasons all apply also to Angeli/Minchey.

This would have been an 8-4 team with Buchner or Pyne, looks like they will go
9-3. I just think Hartman got them one win. I'm sick of never developing a QB. I know the portal is the way of the present but does anyone see a slight problem in QB recruiting and development that ND now is just looking at a string of one year rentals?

Reactions: cnichola
This would have been an 8-4 team with Buchner or Pyne, looks like they will go
9-3. I just think Hartman got them one win. I'm sick of never developing a QB. I know the portal is the way of the present but does anyone see a slight problem in QB recruiting and development that ND now is just looking at a string of one year rentals?
We've had a QB problem for a long time. We can't get our develop an elite one either through recruiting or transfer

Reactions: cnichola
We've had a QB problem for a long time. We can't get our develop an elite one either through recruiting or transfer
You think Carr is the guy? Can he be a 3 year starter, difference maker, and 1st or 2nd day NFL draft pick?

You think Carr is the guy? Can he be a 3 year starter, difference maker, and 1st or 2nd day NFL draft pick?
I dont know yet. I have to see him more. I still think it could be Minchey. I actually think Knight has the highest potential of them all

Hartman did not hurt his stock. He is what he is. By now he has been scouted in depth.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Hartman was an upgrade over Pyne and Buechner. Just not to the extent we expected. More of a Jack Coan 2.0
And perhaps merely Jack Coan LITE?

Coan won three times from behind. Lost only twice.

Regarding the second bolded: You might be right.
Angeli will play SOMEWHERE. His feel for the game and attitude are A+.

He'll refuse to ROT on the bench.

Wait, are you really saying the 2 guys who could have won 10 games next year are Buchner who is third string at Bama n Pyne who is riding that at asu?

Remember when everyone on this board complained that elite high school interior D Linemen weren't attracted to ND? It seems like the problem position changes through the years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT