ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs UVA Game Thread

Eh, I agree mostly, but it’s pretty nice to see us playing in a way that the game was never in doubt. We have a nasty habit of playing down to our competition at times. That didn’t happen tonight. Baby steps I guess for me.
This was baby steps but they had no chance wothout a qb. Why didnt kelly go for the kill and win by 40 plus and show the committee we are a completely different team than the one who lost to Cincy

This team has really had a lot of injuries; now they mention a flu bug going around. We also had to replace a lot of starters from last year's team.

We have some obvious weaknesses, but I'd say this has been a good season over all.

Honestly one of Kelly’s better jobs. I wouldn’t have guessed 11-1 after week 2. That’s for sure

This was baby steps but they had no chance wothout a qb. Why didnt kelly go for the kill and win by 40 plus and show the committee we are a completely different team than the one who lost to Cincy

I hear you and agree.

28-3 is pretty good. You cited 41-10 over a 4-6 team while ND won 28-3 over a 6-4 team. 31 points to 25 points. 5 point difference. Come on…
They didnt have their qb. That gm was over before it started. They had no chance. We should have won by more

It was 49 to 3 at one point in the ok state gm. Thats a statement

And they are 10th. One spot behind us. And they have big games on the schedule left. They will pass us if they win out.

They are trying to make statements by winning big. We did not
Sorry, I'll take 28-3 on the road against a better team than TCU. We win 35-3 if we don't fumble in the red zone. We made the statement we needed to make.

The schedule is completely weak. Tyler Buchner is overrated. Drew Pyne is getting boned.

The schedule has helped, but come on. This was a team with almost zero identity early on. Kelly righted the ship. It’s still not a great team, but to have only lost one game after watching the first two weeks…. That’s phenomenal IMO.

They didnt have their qb. That gm was over before it started. They had no chance. We should have won by more

It was 49 to 3 at one point in the ok state gm. Thats a statement
The betting line was 5.5 and moved to 7.5 prior to kickoff. ND obliterated that line. Easy to say ND should have won by more after the fact.

Winning our last 3 games by 30 plus in each game and this game by 40 maybe changes that. You gotta go out and dominate
28-3 is dominant. 9 sacks I believe. It wasn’t the best game I agree. And they still won by 25 points. I’m pretty happy with that considering Virginia wasn’t really in it from the start once it was 14-0.

I’m pretty sure they all know we left 7 out. They know this was a 40-0 win. I wouldn’t sweat it. The committee is not idiots. They know what and did, on the road. It was a beat down. ND to 8th. Just win out. We need OR or Cinci to lose or we end up 5th

Honestly one of Kelly’s better jobs. I wouldn’t have guessed 11-1 after week 2. That’s for sure
Agreed. I thought maybe 2-4 to start but then our opponents ended up not being very good either. I still think Kelly and staff have done a great job, particularly on offense. 11-2 or 12-1 feels pretty good and a great selling point for recruits after the last 4 years.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
28-3 is dominant. 9 sacks I believe. It wasn’t the best game I agree. And they still won by 25 points. I’m pretty happy with that considering Virginia wasn’t really in it from the start once it was 14-0.
Byu scored like 63 points on Virginia. That's fine you are okay with scoring 28. I'm not. We should demand better

You know the Irish are back when half the fan base is pissed with a loss. Killed Ara and Lou’s careers.

Byu scored like 63 points on Virginia. That's fine you are okay with scoring 28. I'm not. We should demand better
We’re probably not going to agree and that’s okay. I do think there’s something to be said for being up 21-0 in the first half. We didn’t press at the end of the first half in order to not let UVA back in the game. Maybe we score there, but I’m fine with conserving the big lead because winning this game is more important than trying for style points. I think the flow of the game is important to take into account too. Would I have liked at least one more TD? Yes, but I can’t have everything my way always. I’m cool with 28-3.

Reactions: graceh90
We’re probably not going to agree and that’s okay. I do think there’s something to be said for being up 21-0 in the first half. We didn’t press at the end of the first half in order to not let UVA back in the game. Maybe we score there, but I’m fine with conserving the big lead because winning this game is more important than trying for style points. I think the flow of the game is important to take into account too. Would I have liked at least one more TD? Yes, but I can’t have everything my way always. I’m cool with 28-3.
The elites don't just think winning is enough. Alabama OSU Georgia and Clemson in previous years blew the doors off teams. Dominate and put up 50 plus routinely.

I thought that's what we are trying to get to? Maybe that's just me.

They win a game like that by 40 And develop their roster in the 2nd half.

And I disagree. Tcu beat Baylor last week. This Virginia team doesn't win another game this year without Armstrong. That freshman is not ready to play
So what? Then why are they getting the crap kicked out of them tonight if they're better than Virginia was tonight? We hit that freshman QB all night and he was obviously hurting by the end of the game. Our defense had a lot to do with his performance tonight.

Our SOS is not extremely weak. Yes, we have no marquee wins, but by most measures this is one of the tougher top to bottom schedules in the top 10.
We played 1 decent team and lost. Other than that, there's not a team on there that's any good

So what? Then why are they getting the crap kicked out of them tonight if they're better than Virginia was tonight? We hit that freshman QB all night and he was obviously hurting by the end of the game. Our defense had a lot to do with his performance tonight.
Virginia doesn't win another game with that kid at qb. They have one of the worst defenses in the country

This team has been decimated by injuries, played at least half their schedule against teams coming off bye weeks and just keeps getting better. That’s all I can ask and if you can’t see it and enjoy it with me…that’s on you

This team has been decimated by injuries, played at least half their schedule against teams coming off bye weeks and just keeps getting better. That’s all I can ask and if you can’t see it and enjoy it with me…that’s on you
I see that this team has a ton of potential. We havent reached it yet. I want us to reach our potential and actually make the playoff. That's what I care about.

It wouldn’t have mattered—the committee doesn’t care much about scores when the win probability is 99%+.

The elites don't just think winning is enough. Alabama OSU Georgia and Clemson in previous years blew the doors off teams. Dominate and put up 50 plus routinely.

I thought that's what we are trying to get to? Maybe that's just me.

They win a game like that by 40 And develop their roster in the 2nd half.
We’re doing our best. Didn’t Bama escape against a crappy UF team and a mediocre LSU? Lost to A and M when they were 17.5 favorites? Also, we’re just not an elite team this year so I don’t expect us to completely demolish other teams. Its still a 25 point win. Of course the coaches are going to do their best to correct the mistakes. The last four games were double digit wins including 28 and 25 points. We probably beat GT and Stanford by 21+. That’s consistency.

I see that this team has a ton of potential. We havent reached it yet. I want us to reach our potential and actually make the playoff. That's what I care about.
This team has a ton of potential and more than a few serious deficiencies. They’ve made the most of their opportunities and I respect the hell out of them for it

Lot of posters happy with being really good. Or solid. Or consistent.

Some want to be elite. I'm in that category.

We have a lot of potential. We should have won that game by 40

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT