ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs UC Game Day Thread

Maybe try four of those forward passes instead of waiting until 4th and long

Reactions: rgc7
Can’t wait to hear Kelly’s excuse this time. “Winning is Hard”

Another 3 man rush and they get to the QB !

Humiliating performance !

This could be a 4 loss or more year. Hope I’m wrong. Very disappointed.

only if WR’s didn’t drop passes and Pyne went in earlier. If he doesn’t start next game Kelly should be fired. Offense looked completely different with him at QB

Last edited:
serious question..Is it BK or lack of depth that ND doesn't compete against top teams?

Typical of a Kelly coached team. Year 12, and he still can’t win a big game. Beat teams with inferior talent, but lose against teams with equal or better talent. Rinse and repeat.

only if WR’s didn’t drop passes and Pune went in earlier. If he doesn’t start next game Kelly should be fired. Offense looked comely different with him at QB
Agree and freeman going 3 down plus Clarence Lewis… oline can’t be fixed this year

Another top 10 loss for Kelly….. only wins when we play depleted Clemson team … literally has half their starters out

Only 14 is on the D. Against a good cinci offense. Our offense (Coan and the line) gave them too many points.
Agreed. We spotted them too many points in the first half with the 3 turnovers. If we don't make those turnovers, the game's much closer at halftime. Then the 2nd half could've been different.

But hats off to Cincinnati. They deserved to win.

I know I’m just venting. But can we once and for all put to rest that Kelly is an elite coach.
He’s a very good coach, but he lacks wins vs elite teams, so no he’s far from elite.

Agreed. We spotted them too many points in the first half with the 3 turnovers. If we don't make those turnovers, the game's much closer at halftime. Then the 2nd half could've been different.

But hats off to Cincinnati. They deserved to win.
Yes our offense gave them points but they also missed two chip shots fgs …. Our D gave up over 400 yards … pathetic

Well we knew this was a 9-3 team. We just got beat. We should have gotten 3 and in first drive and not give 7 before half. Don’t give up those pics and we win. We are right back on the door step. Give it a year

Typical of a Kelly coached team. Year 12, and he still can’t win a big game. Beat teams with inferior talent, but lose against teams with equal or better talent. Rinse and repeat.
We've beaten talented USC teams many times, and Michigan, Michigan State, etc. But I wouldn't call Cincinnati "equal or better talent." More like inferior talent. But they have a very good QB, which can be a difference-maker.

Yes our offense gave them points but they also missed two chip shots fgs …. Our D gave up over 400 yards … pathetic
The two interceptions caused a 10-14 point swing. Final margin was 11. So those picks were huge.

I am certainly disappointed with the loss. I think our weaknesses were obvious to all to see, but it was nice to get those early wins. it will be interesting to see if we now regroup and get into
a decent bowl game ?

Reactions: mbd11
We've beaten talented USC teams many times, and Michigan, Michigan State, etc. But I wouldn't call Cincinnati "equal or better talent." More like inferior talent. But they have a very good QB, which can be a difference-maker.
I’m referring to top 10 teams. His record is atrocious vs top 10 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT