ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs UC Game Day Thread

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Just seems right to start early!!! Top 10. Game day on. Irish a dog at home.

Go IRISH!!

Reactions: BM16
Lots of Cinci on game day. QB looks to have a strong arm and a fair deep ball

Probably because people cashing in for dollars, like the UGA game I was at. It's terrible
It’s hard to believe that tickets were still available and that a visiting team has more of a stadium presence.

How did this happen ?

The folks in green need to be louder than those in red!

The Irish need to silence the red wave by scoring early and often!

I will do my part by yelling and cheering at my TV...those in the stadium do your part! 🙂

It’s hard to believe that tickets were still available and that a visiting team has more of a stadium presence.

How did this happen ?
Not sure tickets were "available" ... there purchased and resold for major dollars. I spoke with several UGA fans at that game and tickets were being purchased at $1,000+ on the secondary market. It's domers selling out. Happened with the Nebraska game when in early 2000 as well

When I go to games and go to the local bars, restaurants or even Uber rides I’m shocked when I ask “do you go to the games?” I have yet to find a person that does. They all say I would love to but it’s too expensive. Hard to pay 300.00 for a pair of tix and ND is a small school so they are not cranking out 80 future alums. You also have away fans that will pay anything for their lifetime bucket list to come to Mecca.

it’s a dynamic like no other CFB team has.
Red shows well. Even small pockets. Nebraska, UGA, Cinci. ND is planning a green out so hope that’s the case because we have so many colors. Grey, blue, gold, green and yes even red. But ND students will bring it.

Game Day picks in. ND across the board with exception of Herbie. Feels the Cinci D controls our OL and shuts us down.

When I go to games and go to the local bars, restaurants or even Uber rides I’m shocked when I ask “do you go to the games?” I have yet to find a person that does. They all say I would love to but it’s too expensive. Hard to pay 300.00 for a pair of tix and ND is a small school so they are not cranking out 80 future alums. You also have away fans that will pay anything for their lifetime bucket list to come to Mecca.

it’s a dynamic like no other CFB team has.
Red shows well. Even small pockets. Nebraska, UGA, Cinci. ND is planning a green out so hope that’s the case because we have so many colors. Grey, blue, gold, green and yes even red. But ND students will bring it.
That implies that visiting fans who travel long distances can afford the tickets but ND fans can’t

That doesn’t seem logical

Not sure tickets were "available" ... there purchased and resold for major dollars. I spoke with several UGA fans at that game and tickets were being purchased at $1,000+ on the secondary market. It's domers selling out. Happened with the Nebraska game when in early 2000 as well
As of yesterday tickets were available

given the respective rankings that would NEVER happen decades ago, so it begs the question, what has happened to the ND fan base over the last number of decades ?

Or, do opposing fans just crave the ND experience ?

That implies that visiting fans who travel long distances can afford the tickets but ND fans can’t

Visiting fans mark it years in advance. I l lived in ATL for 20 years. The UGA fans made it a vacation and where talking and saving for that game for years prior.

Some did the bears game on Sunday also. It’s a big deal to go to ND if your a top team that doesn’t play them yearly.

Too many old Nd fans with season tickets and not willing to go due to covid …. I know of a bunch

Game Day picks in. ND across the board with exception of Herbie. Feels the Cinci D controls our OL and shuts us down.
Herbie could be right, but he has a history of not being a fan of ND.

Maybe he couldn’t get in 😜

Reactions: ftnfan62
I’d guess sell. The UGA tix went for 2k each. Hard to pass up 4k. Pays half the season tix. I would guess Cinci’s first trip in 100 years. Best team on schedule and an ND trip they would pay 1k each.

Watching UGA. Both RB’s are 5 star. Love to have that problem.

I’d guess sell. The UGA tix went for 2k each. Hard to pass up 4k. Pays half the season tix. I would guess Cinci’s first trip in 100 years. Best team on schedule and an ND trip they would pay 1k each.
They’re cheap. Less than $50 for pretty decent seats two hours before game.

Supply and demand is always true. If you have supply and no demand prices drop.

Watching UGA. Both RB’s are 5 star. Love to have that problem.
I guess those Vegas sports book gnomes knew what they were doing. Everyone was saying that was a crazy point spread, considering how good Arkansas has been. And UGA barely beat Clemson and it turns out Clemson's not all that great.

And yet it's already 24-0, and that huge 18 point spread is comfortably covered by the 2nd quarter. And they're doing it with that loser walk-on QB Stetson Bennett who all the haters had previously denounced as being way too shitty to ever make a playoff or do anything good.

So kind of disappointed Arkansas hasn't done more, but maybe UGA really is the real deal.

Reactions: jcswoopnh

Its the lame alumni seasin ticket holders trying to make some of their mibey back. Already i have two white haies behind me holding their ears to the suge played by dababy. I will let them know before rhe game we stand on big plays and if they don't like it go home and watch it on TV.

Reactions: Golson5
As of yesterday tickets were available

given the respective rankings that would NEVER happen decades ago, so it begs the question, what has happened to the ND fan base over the last number of decades ?

Or, do opposing fans just crave the ND experience ?
Here's what's happened ... ND hasn't won a national title in 33 years! And we don't play for any conference championship. Sad, but true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT