ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Stanford Game Thread

Buchner is dynamic. Our run game should be scary next year
But he is an inaccurate passer. He won't be able to beat the elite teams. He is great against unranked teams. I prefer Pyne as the starter next year with a mixture of Buchner off the bench. You might disagree but remember our schedule won't always be this weak and we need a legit passer to get the ball to our receivers consistently.

This is not a statement 100% because of Kelly Rees and now freeman… we’re doing all these exotic blitzes and leaving everyone on an island…. Rees is just a terrible OC… and Kelly always takes foot off pedal

Reactions: NDinNJ
But he is an inaccurate passer. He won't be able to beat the elite teams. He is great against unranked teams. I prefer Pyne as the starter next year with a mixture of Buchner off the bench. You might disagree but remember our schedule won't always be this weak and we need a legit passer to get the ball to our receivers consistently.
Give Buchner the full spring/fall as the starter. The accuracy will come around.

I don't know even know how dynamic his running would be against a team like Georgia.

I know you don't like Kelly and Rees, but even they can't figure out a way to take away points.
Rees just isn’t my cup of tea. Kelly is a good coach and has for all intensive purpose, saved ND. But with that being said, Kelly can’t take us to the promise land and he has proven that.
Who can be that guy? Not sure. But he will have to be an elite recruiter but maybe more importantly, an elite developer of talent. At no point will we be able to out recruit OSU, Bama and the other big boys. That’s fine, but the talent we do get has to have ever last drop of ability squeezed out. This I just my opinion.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Rees just isn’t my cup of tea. Kelly is a good coach and has for all intensive purpose, saved ND. But with that being said, Kelly can’t take us to the promise land and he has proven that.
Who can be that guy? Not sure. But he will have to be an elite recruiter but maybe more importantly, an elite developer of talent. At no point will we be able to out recruit OSU, Bama and the other big boys. That’s fine, but the talent we do get has to have ever last drop of ability squeezed out. This I just my opinion.
We’re 11-1 !

He can throw the ball

This is not a statement 100% because of Kelly Rees and now freeman… we’re doing all these exotic blitzes and leaving everyone on an island…. Rees is just a terrible OC… and Kelly always takes foot off pedal
And you're a freaking idiot. 45 - 14!!!

Reactions: francade
You are exactly correct. I just don't see Buchner leading ND to the promised land.

You are exactly correct. I just don't see Buchner leading ND to the promised land.

Give him starter reps all spring and summer. I think you’ll be surprised. I’m a Pyne fan myself, but I’m good with Buchner. I just like Pynes’s football IQ and throwing touch better, but he has a year on Buchner so that might change. Who knows

I was in the middle of writing a long response, but erased it because nobody wants to hear me drone on and on. I don't think there is anything wrong with criticizing the play calling or coaching decisions. I just think it gets really old for people to harp on literally every single play that doesn't work.

I wonder what it would have been like to have this board back when Ara Parseghian was coach and he lost to USC almost every year and lost to Purdue about every other year -- at a time when they were pretty much the only good teams on the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT