ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Stanford Game Thread

No chance. Buchner is too talented. Coan wpuldnt be able to hold him off next year
Coan is a far better passer than Buchner, and passing is what today’s game is all about.

if Buchner was as talented as you state, he’d be starting now. But he isn’t and the reason is that Coan is a far better QB.

Kelly has reaffirmed my position !

I also added the stipulation “just because Coan came back.” Its a very specific scenario I’m talking about. True sophomore, who didn’t play his senior year of high school, who plays a lot his true freshman and true sophomore year (maybe even eventually starts), will start his junior and senior years, against a good sixth year QB coming back. I also said it was selfish (entitled — so he would just EXPECT to start his true sophomore year at ND? No thanks).

I like how you insinuate that I’m a coward and pathetic when you’re the one who keeps changing the argument and being disingenuous.
So are you saying everyone in the specific position that Buchner is in that tranferred is also a coward, but just Buchner. Or is it all of them in this particular instance? I mean if you're going to call a ND player a coward I want to know if its just him or anyone

Coan is a far better passer than Buchner, and passing is what today’s game is all about.

if Buchner was as talented as you state, he’d be starting now. But he isn’t and the reason is that Coan is a far better QB.

Kelly has reaffirmed my position !
Buchner will be far better than Coan ever was. And Kelly will start him next year and you will see. Its going to be embarrassing you rooting against a ND kid. I cant wait til he proves you wrong

So are you saying everyone in the specific position that Buchner is in that tranferred is also a coward, but just Buchner. Or is it all of them in this particular instance? I mean if you're going to call a ND player a coward I want to know if its just him or anyone
I’m not clear on what you’re saying in your first sentence. Anyone who would transfer that is in Buchner’s very specific situation — all of the things I listed and only because Coan is coming back, is an entitled pansy.

And I’m not calling Buchner a coward. Only in the hypothetical IF he transfers ONLY because Coan came back. And weak/pansy is the better word to describe what I’m saying.

Either way, my original premise is that I want Coan back on the team if he wants back. You don’t just say get lost because we don’t want Buchner to transfer.

Don’t know much about any other QBs staying or transferring , but I though that Coan was a one year deal ? Does he have more eligibility? I was a big critic of Coan the beginning of the season because of his lack of mobility. However , for the the last 5 games or so, the line seems to be giving him better protection, he is getting rid of the ball quicker, and his passing has extremely accurate.
He looks to me like a good pro prospect ?

I’m not clear on what you’re saying in your first sentence. Anyone who would transfer that is in Buchner’s very specific situation — all of the things I listed and only because Coan is coming back, is an entitled pansy.

And I’m not calling Buchner a coward. Only in the hypothetical IF he transfers ONLY because Coan came back. And weak/pansy is the better word to describe what I’m saying.

Either way, my original premise is that I want Coan back on the team if he wants back. You don’t just say get lost because we don’t want Buchner to transfer.
Yeah you do. You dont bring him back to be the backup. Coan would want to start and he wont start here next year

Buchner will be far better than Coan ever was. And Kelly will start him next year and you will see. Its going to be embarrassing you rooting against a ND kid. I cant wait til he proves you wrong
By your logic, my stating that Mayer should start ahead of Takacs is somehow “rooting against an ND kid”. That’s ridiculous !

You start the best player at each position and Coan is a better player than Buchner at QB.

I certainly hope that Buchner becomes a great QB next year, but right now Coan is a better QB

By your logic, my stating that Mayer should start ahead of Takacs is somehow “rooting against an ND kid”. That’s ridiculous !

You start the best player at each position and Coan is a better player than Buchner at QB.

I certainly hope that Buchner becomes a great QB next year, but right now Coan is a better QB
We're talking about next year

That's what we are talking about. If you dont care about next year you don't have to respond
You don’t know who will and won’t be here next year.

Better to focus on our next game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT