ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Clemson Game thread

No one is calling for MF to be fired. He’ll get 5 years, as he should. This was a very tough game but also a winnable game. I hate to beat this to death. ND simply does not know how to win when the game being played has a lot on the line. It’s all subjective to say ND is heading in the right direction. Based on what ? Facts are facts. 3 losses two years in a row and maybe more losses yet this year. We’ll see. This has been a very disappointing season. ND is a top 20 team. That’s it. That’s all they have been for a long long time. Sure, a couple good undefeated years under Kelly. But once again when it was a big game that had a lot on the line , they got throttled. It was fools gold. At this moment , I see absolutely no difference between Kelly’s teams or Freeman’s.Very pedestrian.
I can’t disagree !

Isn’t the object of your plan a better to best win/loss record ?

”Nobody gives a shit about win-loss records anymore”. ? ? ? ?

That’s the primary object of the game !

Don’t lecture me about the front office as I’m fairly well versed at the highest level.
While I agree that it all starts at the front office, if you don’t have the right field general as your coach all the math and calculations aren’t going to do you any good.
The right math and calculations could also be used (as one tool among others) to find the best field generals.

Get a grip. The level of talent freeman is bringing in is much better than Kelly.

He has to develop it.

Wr is an issue and unfortunately people thought it was a quick fix. Depending on three freshmen and a sophomore to be the difference between bad to good was simply a poor expectation by fans.

Merriweather was a bust this year.

Stack classes and then evaluate freeman.

The offense is a problem. Freeman will be defined but where he goes here.

1. He can stick with parker and bet this was a timing issue and things will get better after one season like it has for golden... Or he can pivot.

2. He has to find a QB. Those of you that think angeli is a difference maker are delusional. Hes more of the same. The answer is minchey, carr, or portal.

3. He has to commit to getting difference makers the ball.

4. The Oline needs a full overhaul.

Zeke has always under played his expected value but he was solid last year. This year he regressed. When left along he can be ok, but when counted on to help those around him he flat sucks.

Alt is gone

Fisher - I don't think he's lt material. At this point I really hope he goes pro or if he comes back he plays lg.

Coogan - is he lg or center. He isn't spectacular at guard

Rocco - I think he's solid and good at rg

This is a chance to define the running game from the ground up. The oc, the ol coach, and the RB coach need to decide what the identity is and commit to it. There is likely 3-4 new starters next year.

ND is looking at a bunch of 2nd year and 3rd year guys at ol, wr, rb, te, and QB next year. It may mean more losses....but could be something special to build over a two year window. What freeman decides will determine his legacy
Glad you aren't involved in football decision making.

Tough loss. It was actually a very close game, with ND outgaining Clemson in total yards. But we went -1 in turnovers, and settling for 3 FGs in the first half came back to haunt us. That was the difference in the game.

We'll have to settle for a minor bowl now. Go Irish!!

Reactions: FightingIrish44
If freeman goes to the portal for a qb....angeli will go portal too. At some point...these roster quarterbacks will need to see the field. The Hartman experience has been C-.
Exactly, and they lost another year in developing a QB.

Reactions: DublinND
If you can’t coach at the highest level the rest is irrelevant

And that’s a lot of “gets”

As I stated, MF inherited a solid program.

I wish him, the team and the University well, and while I have a high degree of enthusiasm I don’t have a high degree when it comes to expectations.

But if I can get through Joe Kuharich and Hugh Devore, I can get through anything ! 😜
So are you saying ND should just cut the cord on freeman? it appears Urban Meyer is looking to get back into coaching. The ND job is certainly better than MSU.

I’m saying heck with the portal. Recruit recruit recruit!! Go out and get a difference maker at QB. Of all the positional needs that’s the priority. Every year. Then develop them. Do that , and games like today will become wins more often than not.

So are you saying ND should just cut the cord on freeman? it appears Urban Meyer is looking to get back into coaching. The ND job is certainly better than MSU.
Urban Meyer would never survive the vetting process at Notre Dame.

At Michigan St. he will.

I didn’t say that.

Kelly put us in a terrible position.

As much as I admired Swarbrick, I think he erred by not naming an interim coach for 2022 and then going on a mission to find a HC for 2023 and beyond.

ND gambled and rolled the dice by selecting an HC with no prior HC experience.
That decision had disastrous results numerous times in the past, what made them think that it would work this time ?

Reactions: tkirish
I didn’t say that.

Kelly put us in a terrible position.

As much as I admired Swarbrick, I think he erred by not naming an interim coach for 2022 and then going on a mission to find a HC for 2023 and beyond.

ND gambled and rolled the dice by selecting an HC with no prior HC experience.
That decision had disastrous results numerous times in the past, what made them think that it would work this time ?
Exactly right. I like Freeman and hope he can get it together. However, it was a risk hiring a person who was a coordinator for a short time to be the head coach at a place where flying under radar is absolutely impossible to do. But he’s here for at least 5 years. I really hope he proves all the doubters wrong and gets this program turned around.

Exactly right. I like Freeman and hope he can get it together. However, it was a risk hiring a person who was a coordinator for a short time to be the head coach at a place where flying under radar is absolutely impossible to do. But he’s here for at least 5 years. I really hope he proves all the doubters wrong and gets this program turned around.
5 YEARS??? Man, I sure hope this is incorrect

So are you saying Wake Forest had better WR talent than this current ND team? No way!!
Two true freshman, a converted RB and a walk on lacrosse player. No idea about WF but I’d bet 75% of D1 teams are working with more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT