ADVERTISEMENT

ND Professors call the Pro-Life Movment White Supremacy

Don't polls also indicate that there is a strong majority in favor of outlawing late term abortions, even many people who describe themselves as pro choice? Think about that, and then look at the recent changes many states have made, and especially look at what Illinois is trying to do.
Is this what you're talking about ?

Illinois State-Funded Abortions Increase Nearly 300% in 2018
Grace Carr / @gbcarr24 / July 11, 2018

No, most of the polls I've seen show a majority in favor of keeping abortion legal in all stages. Not sure what you mean about Illinois abortion law initiatives. I live in Illinois. There's an anti abortion group trying to nullify payment for abortions out of state funds. There also initiatives expanding abortion access and eliminating any requirement of parental consent.
Banjo, I would challenge anyone to find a legit poll which says that any kind of nationally reflective "majority" approves of abortion at 9 months and 8 centimeters dilated.

And why do people think the government should pay for abortions, perhaps the most unnatural act that a human can commit? While hundreds of thousands, if not into the millions, of people with fertility problems pay a fortune in an attempt to conceive a child, which is perhaps the most natural act a human does, except for eating and breathing. I recognize at this point in time that SCOTUS has opined that abortion is a right that Americans have. But in looking through all the rights that Americans enjoy, how many do you find where the government covers the cost? I just find that a totally absurd notion.

Banjo, I would challenge anyone to find a legit poll which says that any kind of nationally reflective "majority" approves of abortion at 9 months and 8 centimeters dilated.

And why do people think the government should pay for abortions, perhaps the most unnatural act that a human can commit? While hundreds of thousands, if not into the millions, of people with fertility problems pay a fortune in an attempt to conceive a child, which is perhaps the most natural act a human does, except for eating and breathing. I recognize at this point in time that SCOTUS has opined that abortion is a right that Americans have. But in looking through all the rights that Americans enjoy, how many do you find where the government covers the cost? I just find that a totally absurd notion.
There was an article on Real Clear Politics today with a very biased title concerning the Democrats blocking a bill subjecting doctors to lawsuits on late term abortions. Interesting reading. At any rate, I faithfully relayed what I found on the general public regard for securing the safe practice of abortion. I'm guessing you're totally appalled.

There was an article on Real Clear Politics today with a very biased title concerning the Democrats blocking a bill subjecting doctors to lawsuits on late term abortions. Interesting reading. At any rate, I faithfully relayed what I found on the general public regard for securing the safe practice of abortion. I'm guessing you're totally appalled.
You're correct. And I am anything but a fanatical pro lifer, but having had two kids and one grand kid, I personally find the idea of aborting a viable fetus late in a pregnancy unconscionable. Never mind expecting the government to pay the cost.

Reactions: rgc7 and francade
You're correct. And I am anything but a fanatical pro lifer, but having had two kids and one grand kid, I personally find the idea of aborting a viable fetus late in a pregnancy unconscionable. Never mind expecting the government to pay the cost.
I have had three kids, but I believe that abortion should be both very rare and very safe. Haven't studied the issues, but I believe the circumstances under which the government pays for abortions are more complex than just a welfare freebie.

Reactions: Irish Duck
I have had three kids, but I believe that abortion should be both very rare and very safe.

No argument there. Yet in some of these states that think they are preparing for the overturn of Roe v Wade (which IMHO isn't going to happen, though it could be altered), they are trying to have it that a physician doesn't need to be involved anymore. In their zeal to make access as broad as possible, they inevitably are losing some of the "safety" factor.

Reactions: rgc7
No argument there. Yet in some of these states that think they are preparing for the overturn of Roe v Wade (which IMHO isn't going to happen, though it could be altered), they are trying to have it that a physician doesn't need to be involved anymore. In their zeal to make access as broad as possible, they inevitably are losing some of the "safety" factor.
I think it could also be contended that providing broader access makes procedures safer.

I thought safe practice of murder was for convicted criminals on death row(which I don't support) and not the unborn

Last edited:
I thought safe practice of murder was for convicted criminals on death roll(which I dont support) and not the unborn
Your thoughts radically depart from recognized law and popular view. Whether or not you like it, abortion is legal.

Do you support abortion in cases of rape.?

Last edited:
“ Even so it is not the will of your Father Who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish !
Matthew 18:14
Rationalize all you like, but all life begins at conception ! Abortion is the murder of the most helpless
And innocent of God’s children !

https://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Choic...qa7k-VEr_l37tSs39ylpnJAn3-95CBocaAo-nEALw_wcB

Absolutely no reason why we have over 800k abortions a year in this country, except pure laziness. I'm all for cases of rape, especially minors and incest victims. But the fact is most abortions are not for these reasons. Rape if ****ing horrible, but you know what's worse...having a pregnancy from rape. Even if the victim decides they don't want to report the crime, how do you not take a morning after pill next day?

Now when it comes to these late term abortions, sorry you are one sick pos if you are doing for any reason other than the actual life of the mother (not cause you decided this for financial reason that would put an undue burden on you) or I'd even be able to go with certain medical conditions of the child (extreme cases).

Reactions: Irish Duck
Yeah, some of the things Berkeley does are absurd. Even Bill Maher has clashed with them. Although Notre Dame is a Catholic institution, allowing a teacher to exercise a pro choice view is hardly a controversial position. An educational institution should be egalitarian. Polls across the spectrum show that a majority the population wanting abortion to remain. The Republic of Ireland recently legalized abortion, and that is heavily Catholic country.

Silent Banjo,

Would you take the same position if it was a Madrasa ?

Why would anyone support the expression of something diametrically opposed to Catholic tenets at a Private Catholic university?

Silent Banjo,

Would you take the same position if it was a Madrasa ?

Why would anyone support the expression of something diametrically opposed to Catholic tenets at a Private Catholic university?
LOL what I know about a Madrasa could be blown up 100 times and stored in an ant's navel. I think ND is a little more main stream. As an educational institution, a Catholic university must go beyond theology.

"Go beyond"
Who said it doesn't
Your dilemma is false
Unless you actually consider labeling those that want to save black and "genetically inferior" babies from the meat grinder or biohazard waste labeled bags "white supremacists" is anything other than slanderous
I don't know what to say to that

Your worse than Banjo. You support baby killing--- but not so much baby killing. I hate wishy washy rinos like you. We will overturn roe vs wade without you.

LOL what I know about a Madrasa could be blown up 100 times and stored in an ant's navel. I think ND is a little more main stream. As an educational institution, a Catholic university must go beyond theology.

Yes, I agree that they must go beyond providing that “ Beyong “ is not diametrically Against Catholic
Doctrine! Catholic first and foremost ( the Soul of the University ). One does not sell ones Immortal Soul,
To “ Go Beyond “ !
“ what profit a man , if he gains the whole world and loses his immortal Soul ! “

Yes, I agree that they must go beyond providing that “ Beyong “ is not diametrically Against Catholic
Doctrine! Catholic first and foremost ( the Soul of the University ). One does not sell ones Immortal Soul,
To “ Go Beyond “ !
“ what profit a man , if he gains the whole world and loses his immortal Soul ! “
By "beyond," I meant to include disparate, secular views. Sounds like you want an intense all abiding commitment to Catholicism and repudiation of dissenting views.

The University of Notre Dame du Lac is a private, non-profit Catholic research university in Notre Dame, Indiana.

Would you prefer the argument theistic belief vs atheistic belief rather than Catholic
If you do there's thousands of other choices for you

I use theistic because there's been Muslims, Protestants, Methodists, Jewish, etc etc all have one thing in common besides attending the University of Notre Dame
Theism
Not saying the more reasonable agnostics or those that say "Meh, I don't know" are not welcomed and certainly not atheists
But yeah again
It's a ((Private)) theistic school where nobody is forced to attend

By "beyond," I meant to include disparate, secular views. Sounds like you want an intense all abiding commitment to Catholicism and repudiation of dissenting views.

Every religious College or university most certainly go “ Beyond “ ! Meaning teaching a vast number of
Courses and offering a number of majors that students can follow to get a well rounded education and
Prepare themselves for Employment or further professional studies.
Students, professors , speakers, can speak and express their views on politics, economics, literature, etc.
However, a professor employed by a Catholic University, should not be allowed to use that position to
Attack Catholic dogma and Catholic teaching. Neither should courses of study or student organizations on campus be anti Catholic.
“ A house divided against itself can not stand ! “. “ a man can not serve two masters ! “

Speaking of diversity, President Obama was invited to campus to speak at a graduation following a ND tradition
Of inviting President to speak at graduations.
Alan Keyes led a Demonstration against Obama’s Believes and policies on abortion. Keyes’ demonstration was put down because it was “ Disruptive “ to the graduation ? Keyes was arrested and
Removed from campus in handcuffs.
President Trump was elected, but Fr. Jenkins broke tradition and said that He would not invite
President Trump to speak at Graduation because Trump would be too disruptive.
Turns out that President Trump is one of our most prolife presidents ever ! It he gets another
SC justice pick Amy Coney Barrett , a ND graduate, is at the top of his list ! She is a pro life justice !

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Every religious College or university most certainly go “ Beyond “ ! Meaning teaching a vast number of
Courses and offering a number of majors that students can follow to get a well rounded education and
Prepare themselves for Employment or further professional studies.
Students, professors , speakers, can speak and express their views on politics, economics, literature, etc.
However, a professor employed by a Catholic University, should not be allowed to use that position to
Attack Catholic dogma and Catholic teaching. Neither should courses of study or student organizations on campus be anti Catholic.
“ A house divided against itself can not stand ! “. “ a man can not serve two masters ! “

Speaking of diversity, President Obama was invited to campus to speak at a graduation following a ND tradition
Of inviting President to speak at graduations.
Alan Keyes led a Demonstration against Obama’s Believes and policies on abortion. Keyes’ demonstration was put down because it was “ Disruptive “ to the graduation ? Keyes was arrested and
Removed from campus in handcuffs.
President Trump was elected, but Fr. Jenkins broke tradition and said that He would not invite
President Trump to speak at Graduation because Trump would be too disruptive.
Turns out that President Trump is one of our most prolife presidents ever ! It he gets another
SC justice pick Amy Coney Barrett , a ND graduate, is at the top of his list ! She is a pro life justice !
Sounds like you have a master plan to make the USA of the Vatican City of then New World.

And to think, in his late 50s, Trump was an outspoken pro choice advocate. Did he have an epiphany or merely calculate that being pro life would swell his base? :rolleyes: At least Amy Coney Barrett would make the Court more photogenic.

And yet you think abortion is a good thing

abortion is not necessarily safe. Read the book on Gosnell. Also the odds of women dying from an abortion are about the same as giving birth and actually may be worse. The plan B pill is not safe either and you can get that over the counter. Women have died because of that, Abortion is being used as a contraceptive. pure evil laziness. One of the seven deadly sins. The New York bill would allow non doctors to provide abortions. You want to know why? because most sane doctors do not want to provide or be part of it. As they used to claim it needs to be safe because we will go back to the coathanger days. Sorry we are there

It's a terrible thing that should be kept legal.

So if its terrible then why make it a law. Laws are about protecting people. This one does not . You are flat out wrong. We need responsible people not lazy people. Abortion is not safe either that is pure BS.

So if its terrible then why make it a law. Laws are about protecting people. This one does not . You are flat out wrong. We need responsible people not lazy people. Abortion is not safe either that is pure BS.
You are a zealot and there's no sense arguing with you. There are plenty of sites you could go to to educate yourself about the issue.

Your thoughts radically depart from recognized law and popular view. Whether or not you like it, abortion is legal.

Do you support abortion in cases of rape.?
What is the percentage of pregnancies are from rape? It's a minuet fraction so the leftist murderers who use this argument for making abortion on demand are just being intellectually dishonest. The murder of 99.9% of the more than one million abortions babies a year are because a matter of inconvenience not rape! Nice try killer.

You are a zealot and there's no sense arguing with you. There are plenty of sites you could go to to educate yourself about the issue.

Yes a re-education camp would do us believers well show the us the reasonableness of abortion the day of birth, Mengala would be proud of you. He when will you decide when it is OK to kill anyone that the state does not feel is worthy of life. The left the worst hypocrites

What is the percentage of pregnancies are from rape? It's a minuet fraction so the leftist murderers who use this argument for making abortion on demand are just being intellectually dishonest. The murder of 99.9% of the more than one million abortions babies a year are because a matter of inconvenience not rape! Nice try killer.
LOL no, I was using the argument to illustrate that those who are using rape as an exception are hypocrites. If all the sanctity of the womb no longer applies in such cases they are making an exception simply because the father is an asshole

Killer? If you sincerely believe abortion is murder, drive over to the nearest clinic and make wholesale citizens arrests. I'm sure you'll get on the news.

Yes a re-education camp would do us believers well show the us the reasonableness of abortion the day of birth, Mengala would be proud of you. He when will you decide when it is OK to kill anyone that the state does not feel is worthy of life. The left the worst hypocrites
I say educate and you conflate that into a re-education camp. As I said, you're a zealot.

LOL no, I was using the argument to illustrate that those who are using rape as an exception are hypocrites. If all the sanctity of the womb no longer applies in such cases they are making an exception simply because the father is an asshole

Killer? If you sincerely believe abortion is murder, drive over to the nearest clinic and make wholesale citizens arrests. I'm sure you'll get on the news.

basically any women that has an abortion the father is an asshole

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT