ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Brown- New WR Coach

For those unimpressed who are the "hot" wr coaches out there wanting to come to ND?
I’m not sure if Brown was considered a hot candidate but Fickell kept adding to his responsibilities so he obviously liked what he was doing.

Initial response at least from one recruit seems positive and hopefully we don’t lose any more, but it would be nice if he could talk a couple of the portal transfers into staying.

Let's go! Once they have decided to leave, probably best to move on without them.
I guess I agree. I’m just disappointed that Flores left. He played hard, he played w great energy, and it genuinely seemed like he enjoyed his time at ND.

Reactions: theskibro
For those unimpressed who are the "hot" wr coaches out there wanting to come to ND?
I’ve heard “Brian Hartline” from several fellow Domers for two years now.

That’s a pipe dream, is he close to Freeman, according to Freeman, yes, they are good friends. That said Hartline is making $1.6 million and up to possibly $2.2 million at OSU with bonus incentives. OSU is his Alma Mater, and Day made him the OC to keep him at OSU (Day still calls plays), he isn’t leaving OSU to be the ND WR coach, unless Freeman made him the actual OC and that would likely still not convince him to leave OSU.

Part of the peril of hiring a young coach, you don’t have a strong network to tap.

However, it’s very normal to hire people you previously worked with in all businesses.

The good news is, you work with hundreds fairly quickly and you play with more. You have the benefit of knowing the guys that have “it”. You only bring the ones with you that are top notch and impressed you along the way.

Luke is a top coach and took him to Wisky. If he wasn’t good, that would not happen. He was a WR in the NFL. Cinci WAS a run team, not with Luke.

Our WR were pathetic this year and it wasn’t talent. I’m glad Freemen recognizes it and moved on. Shows he will make changes.

I guess I agree. I’m just disappointed that Flores left. He played hard, he played w great energy, and it genuinely seemed like he enjoyed his time at ND.
I agree about Flores but apparently he has been looking around for a while.

From another site...Mike Brown hire is official. He can get a head start on next year by coaching in the Bowl game.

This is all about freeman hiring his guy… not sure if it’s a good hire or not

2024 is make or break for freeman.

Need Leonard, 2 good portal wrs, and to figure out who owns this offense
Irish Breakdown stated this the day of the hire

Fair point. I thought we were going to get a national search. But instead we went back to the well....
I'll try to find the clip on Irish Break down as the guy's were wait on which Bowl the Irish were going to get they announced Mike Brown was going to be the Wrs coach and that Freeman and Brown worked together at UC, and to expect Freeman to first look at the Fickle tree of assistants coaches before anywhere else

Not sure if this was brought up but the guy was like the 13th highest paid wr coach in the nation. Did have some good players at Cincinnati.

Reactions: NDinNJ
ALL complaining lack vision…….. CMF is building a championship team……coaches may be young or inexperienced…. But they are loyal, talented and are all on the same page! The whole, bring in experience because it’s ND? Yea not working so well! 😊😎😜

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Thought the Wiscy wide receivers were pretty impressive in the bowl game. Excited about Brown working ND receivers

Thought the Wiscy wide receivers were pretty impressive in the bowl game. Excited about Brown working ND receivers
I agree. I tend to think talented receivers in high school can make the transition to college fairly seamless, and yet I know how critical coaching is to this transition. Most high school receivers get big separation based entirely on athleticism and speed; and rarely on precision of routes, etc…. Few develop good ball hawking and timing because they are usually wide open. The same for being aggressive in going after the ball when contested. Coaching matters a ton, and Brown will prove to be the best receivers coach we’ve had in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT