ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly > Harbaugh

Yup, during WWII. A regular pattern.

Another backtrack on your part, schadenfreude. First, you throw out the singular exception of Gerry Faust at ND. But when I raise the fact that Ohio St. did the same thing, you throw out another qualifier. Typical of what we have seen from you over the years.

Reactions: mirer03
Another backtrack on your part, schadenfreude. First, you throw out the singular exception of Gerry Faust at ND. But when I raise the fact that Ohio St. did the same thing, you throw out another qualifier. Typical of what we have seen from you over the years.
what do you expect ? he still thinks the BCS exists.

Reactions: mirer03
Notre Dame is 0-4 versus Ohio State in the modern era of football - and you all know better than anyone most of those games have not even been close.

But his .718 % comes by playing in the Big Ten, which is the most over rated conference of the power 5 teams.
Seriously? The B10 East alone is better than the whole of the pac 12 and big 12. SEC has 2 teams and a bunch of above average teams.

Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Sparty
Penn St.
Wiscy

Then teams like Northwestern Iowa and Purdue are no joke.

Reactions: d1042
Seriously? The B10 East alone is better than the whole of the pac 12 and big 12. SEC has 2 teams and a bunch of above average teams.

Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Sparty
Penn St.
Wiscy

Then teams like Northwestern Iowa and Purdue are no joke.

No the Big 10 East is not better than those conferences. And I guess that Purdue and Northwestern are only jokes when they play ND. Just so you know: you can't cite Wisconsin twice in the attempt to show how tough the Big 10 is.

Reactions: tbonesays
No the Big 10 East is not better than those conferences. And I guess that Purdue and Northwestern are only jokes when they play ND. Just so you know: you can't cite Wisconsin twice in the attempt to show how tough the Big 10 is.
So you’re telling me Ohio State who is a perennial playoff contender, and just massacred the Pac12’s best team, Michigan state who is a perennial 10 win overachiever except 2016, Penn state who just came off of a major bowl win over the 2nd best Pac12 team, and Michigan who has unarguably a top 5 defense in the country and has won 28 games in the past 3 years isn’t better than the PAC 12 and big 12? Only teams out of those conferences who are even close to the same level as those big10 east teams are oklahoma and Washington, USC is a fraud who folds when they face talent.

And what are you talking about “only a joke when they play ND”? Just because they should never beat ND doesn’t make them a joke. When was the last time a pac 12 or big 12 team won a championship? What was those 2 conferences bowl records last year?

Eh, Kelly has more college experience on his side, but I'd give the overall edge to Harbaugh. Harbaugh completely turned around a Stanford program and left a system there that still succeeds. He also beat SC when SC was at it's peak and Stanford was a 28 point underdog - Kelly hasn't come close to anything like that. When you factor into the equation Harbaugh took the 49ers to back-to-back NFL championship games and one superbowl appearance, it really really starts to tip into his favor.

Michigan very well could win 10 games this year, and if things change at OSU, then the big10 is theirs for the taking for the next few years.

I do feel Kelly has us on the right track for multiple 10 win seasons here on out though.

So you’re telling me Ohio State who is a perennial playoff contender, and just massacred the Pac12’s best team, Michigan state who is a perennial 10 win overachiever except 2016, Penn state who just came off of a major bowl win over the 2nd best Pac12 team, and Michigan who has unarguably a top 5 defense in the country and has won 28 games in the past 3 years isn’t better than the PAC 12 and big 12? Only teams out of those conferences who are even close to the same level as those big10 east teams are oklahoma and Washington, USC is a fraud who folds when they face talent.

And what are you talking about “only a joke when they play ND”? Just because they should never beat ND doesn’t make them a joke. When was the last time a pac 12 or big 12 team won a championship? What was those 2 conferences bowl records last year?

Interesting. Any team you think is good is great. Any team you don't think is good is a fraud. Your knowledge of football approaches zero.

Interesting. Any team you think is good is great. Any team you don't think is good is a fraud. Your knowledge of football approaches zero.
Huh? USC got stomped by the 2 physical teams they play. Never said Washington was a fraud. Never said Michigan MSU or PSU were great. I think ND was good last year not great. Stop putting words in my mouth.

And my left nut alone has more knowledge that you do, in football and obviously common sense. No need to get so butthurt and claim I have zero knowledge because I was clearly right and you’re opinion is just flat out wrong. Sorry to hurt your feelings

Notre Dame is 0-4 versus Ohio State in the modern era of football - and you all know better than anyone most of those games have not even been close.

Yeah, and a losing record against OSU bites. Kelly does have a winning record (5-3) against SC.

SC is an Irish rival and OSU is that team from Ohio.

Huh? USC got stomped by the 2 physical teams they play. Never said Washington was a fraud. Never said Michigan MSU or PSU were great. I think ND was good last year not great. Stop putting words in my mouth.

And my left nut alone has more knowledge that you do, in football and obviously common sense. No need to get so butthurt and claim I have zero knowledge because I was clearly right and you’re opinion is just flat out wrong. Sorry to hurt your feelings

Typical drivel we can expect from this poster.

I know that Wisconsin and Wiscy are the same school. Unlike you.
Wow... accidentally posting the same team 2x totally defeats my argument!

Facts-
-Big 10 East had a 12, 11, and 10 win team
-Pac12 had 2 double digit winners both of who lost in bowl games to the big 10 east
- MAYBE the big 12 with Okie, Okie St. and TCU is on par with the big 10 East, but they also had 1 win Baylor and ZERO with Kansas followed by complete mediocrity so I’ll take the big 10 East

Big 10 is not overrated when the east alone is by far the best division in CFB and it’s not even close, then you have wiscy in the West.

Facts-
-Big 10 East had a 12, 11, and 10 win team
-Pac12 had 2 double digit winners both of who lost in bowl games to the big 10 east
- MAYBE the big 12 with Okie, Okie St. and TCU is on par with the big 10 East, but they also had 1 win Baylor and ZERO with Kansas followed by complete mediocrity so I’ll take the big 10 East

Big 10 is not overrated when the east alone is by far the best division in CFB and it’s not even close, then you have wiscy in the West.

The SEC West is pretty stout as well.

The SEC West is pretty stout as well.
Eh. I mean Alabama makes any conference stout. But I have no confidence in Coach O from LSU, A&M breaking in a coaching staff. Historically they are great but we’ll see how things go this year man. Auburn’s one of those teams who I wouldn’t be shocked if they make a title run, or if they go 5-7.

appreciate the vote of confidence. coach is my mentor but he is the reason alabama has been so successful. how were they before he arrived.? yes he gets great players but why do you think they are going there ? the great curriculum ? ridiculous to think you could just plug and coach anyone there. dumb. saban has created and ingrained the culture there.
It is the same thing that UK has in basketball. They have a national brand. They also have a support structure that makes sure that players are taken care of. They make sure the curriculum does not get in the way of football. Lastly, they make sure the football program gets all of the resources needed. There was a reason why Saban left MSU because he knew he had no chance to win there.

It is the same thing that UK has in basketball. They have a national brand. They also have a support structure that makes sure that players are taken care of. They make sure the curriculum does not get in the way of football. Lastly, they make sure the football program gets all of the resources needed. There was a reason why Saban left MSU because he knew he had no chance to win there.
You are so far off it's not even remotely funny. bama under saban is WAY more dominant than kentucky has been. saban left msu for a much better job period. no different than most folks. Bama has had the success under saban for one reason. nick saban. he rebuilt the program and the culture. check where they were before him.

bama has ten straight 10 plus win seasons under saban. no one else can claim that currently.

bama has ten straight 10 plus win seasons under saban. no one else can claim that currently.
They do generally play 3 lower division teams...usually right before their rivalry games and get to play ole miss, msst, and arkansas annually . Thats six wins that are generally a given...althought msst made some waves in thr last few years. Saban isnt to blame there hes a great coach, but most conferences dont get to schedule savanah st before auburn. Alabama just has the perfect storm of quality talent, good coaching, and an advantagous schedule that gets over hyped annually.

They do generally play 3 lower division teams...usually right before their rivalry games and get to play ole miss, msst, and arkansas annually . Thats six wins that are generally a given...althought msst made some waves in thr last few years. Saban isnt to blame there hes a great coach, but most conferences dont get to schedule savanah st before auburn. Alabama just has the perfect storm of quality talent, good coaching, and an advantagous schedule that gets over hyped annually.

I don't think Alabama "usually" plays three FCS teams per year.

And the bad teams in the SEC West are equivalent to the 7-5 teams of other conferences (Northwestern, NC State, Arizona St, etc). And if the Tide was "overhyped", it would be reflected in their post season record.

Reactions: 8th Man
Could Saban win big at ND or Stanford? What would he do that BK isn't?
he's simply the best coach out there, maybe ever. it's fair to assume he would do better than kelly or shaw. does that mean more championships ? who knows ?

Last edited:
and the talent is there because of who the coach is and the championship culture he has created there.

Saban would do extremely well at ND. Difference is he would have to spend more time recruiting. Probably not worth it.

Saban would do extremely well at ND. Difference is he would have to spend more time recruiting. Probably not worth it.
exactly. why would he ? he has nothing left to prove. it's not like nd would double his salary. the obstacles in place at nd eliminate the majority of qualified individuals right off the bat. it is what it is and i'm fine with that.

exactly. why would he ? he has nothing left to prove. it's not like nd would double his salary. the obstacles in place at nd eliminate the majority of qualified individuals right off the bat. it is what it is and i'm fine with that.
Brian Kelly has had two huge weaknesses. One he's fixed and the other he's still working on.

1. He was too focused on the offense being the OC and not enough time initially was spent on the total package, the program. We are now in year two of having an OC and I think this is helping out the team immensely.

2. He's struggled to land good Defensive coordinators. When you are an offensive mind, you need a stud DC. Diaco has shown he's not that good, (he's an analyst now), he was good because he had some really good starting talent in 2012. BVG was just awful and set the D back a few years. He hired a home run in Elko but could only keep him 1 year, we'll see if lea can keep it going. I do like the scheme and that is is not changing.

He obviously has had other faults, but these two I think are the biggest reasons from ND being a consistent contender. We're trending in the right direction after the disaster 2016.

Yes but it is completely manufactured. The BUG put all 3 brands in one division, leaving Nebraska as the only one in the West; and everyone thinks they are a has been. Any conference could overweigh one side.

and the talent is there because of who the coach is and the championship culture he has created there.
The talent is there because the buku bucks the boosters pay for recruits, not because of Saban.
giphy.gif

Brian Kelly has had two huge weaknesses. One he's fixed and the other he's still working on.

1. He was too focused on the offense being the OC and not enough time initially was spent on the total package, the program. We are now in year two of having an OC and I think this is helping out the team immensely.

2. He's struggled to land good Defensive coordinators. When you are an offensive mind, you need a stud DC. Diaco has shown he's not that good, (he's an analyst now), he was good because he had some really good starting talent in 2012. BVG was just awful and set the D back a few years. He hired a home run in Elko but could only keep him 1 year, we'll see if lea can keep it going. I do like the scheme and that is is not changing.

He obviously has had other faults, but these two I think are the biggest reasons from ND being a consistent contender. We're trending in the right direction after the disaster 2016.
BK has 13 losses in the month of November. Does anyone find that troublesome?

Last edited:
BK's November record at ND is 19-13. IMO, that needs to get better. Lost some pretty important November games ov

BK has 13 losses in the month of November. Does anyone find that troublesome?
Nope. He can do no wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT