ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly > Harbaugh

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
Just my two cents, but I think there’s a strong argument for this. First, he’s been to a title game. Second, he beats his rivals. OSU is hardly a rival at this point for UM. Third, he wins at an institution with higher academic standards for student athletes. Fourth, he doesn’t eat his boogers. If he wins this game, my argument will be even stronger.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Just my two cents, but I think there’s a strong argument for this. First, he’s been to a title game. Second, he beats his rivals. OSU is hardly a rival at this point for UM. Third, he wins at an institution with higher academic standards for student athletes. Fourth, he doesn’t eat his boogers. If he wins this game, my argument will be even stronger.
It depends on what important. OSU has fired every single head coach since 1950 and that one resigned because he said the pressure to win was too much. If winning is all that matters than yes John Calipari is the man you want to be molding the young men representing your school. Or in that case any Ohio State coach that will win a ton games before getting fired.

If you are going to talk apples to apples Harbaugh did make it to the Super Bowl and everyone agrees the winner of the 49'ers verses Seahawks was the auto winner of another. And he did win 10 games at Stanford which is a pretty good academic school. That all said my favorite Michigan coach is Beilein.

It depends on what important. OSU has fired every single head coach since 1950 and that one resigned because he said the pressure to win was too much. If winning is all that matters than yes John Calipari is the man you want to be molding the young men representing your school. Or in that case any Ohio State coach that will win a ton games before getting fired.

If you are going to talk apples to apples Harbaugh did make it to the Super Bowl and everyone agrees the winner of the 49'ers verses Seahawks was the auto winner of another. And he did win 10 games at Stanford which is a pretty good academic school. That all said my favorite Michigan coach is Beilein.
He had one good year at stanford . Time has demonstrated that Shaw and the assistants that stayed played as much if not more of a role in stanford ascending. Super bowls dont mean squat in college . In college harbough is a third place coach that has never won anything and has never stayed in one play to prove he can develop players year over year. My money is hes gone one way or another after this years third place finish.

what happened in the nfl has no relevance to the college game. none.

You have it turned around. What happens in college has no relevance to the NFL. That is why people like Saban bravely run away back to college.
no, its the same both ways. few have been able to do it successfully at both levels. apples and oranges. some guys are cut out for the college game like coach is. some guys are better suited for the nfl. can't imagine bill belichick embracing recruiting. the dynamics of the jobs are very different.

no, its the same both ways. few have been able to do it successfully at both levels. apples and oranges. some guys are cut out for the college game like coach is. some guys are better suited for the nfl. can't imagine bill belichick embracing recruiting. the dynamics of the jobs are very different.

Probably too late now but if Belichick had become a head college coach back in 1990, I could see him bringing in kids the same way as Saban. Neither is what you would call warm & cuddly.

Reactions: 8th Man
Probably too late now but if Belichick had become a head college coach back in 1990, I could see him bringing in kids the same way as Saban. Neither is what you would call warm & cuddly.
disagree. i've known coach saban since i was 17 and consider him a mentor and good friend. he's a sweetheart in my book.

fair enough. You keep Kelly and his .623 win % at Notre Dame and we'll keep Harbaugh with his .718 win % at Michigan - everybody's happy.
Hows his win % against osu and msu?

Last edited:
Urban and Dantonio have been subsidizing Coach Boogers salary in order to keep at Michigan.

The difference between college and pro is the higher up the pecking order you are the more likely you get to choose who will play for you and as much of it as you have scholarships. In the NFL it is an equal playing field and if you are not in line with your GM you might not even have much of a say. If a coach can relate to kids or has whatever charisma is needed to attract them or better yet go to a school that is properly branded, recruiting is half of the battle. I will go out on a limb and state that if Saban wanted to disappear for the year of 2018 and asked echowaker to jump in his head for the year, that with the rest of the staffs complicity Alabama still wins 10 games in 2018 minimum. The only game echowaker might lose if given Alabama is Auburn.

I personally think it was a mistake putting UM back on the schedule especially game 1. Harbaugh definitely has a decided schematic advantage over Kelly and that's no joke. Hope springs eternal for all the Kelly supporters but at the end of the day you will see the same inconsistent offense which will give Michigan momentum. I hope we win but I see a 2 to 3 touchdown victory for Harbaugh on Sept. 1 caused by either turnovers or offensive incompetence by Kelly/Long.

Hos NDs win percentage against OSU? Has it ever been competitive?

What does it matter in the discussion of Harbaugh not beating conference rivals?

Obviously, the percentage would be in OSU's favor since the Bucks have a 4-2 record against ND.

SC record against Michigan is 6-4.

..just thought I'd throw that stat out there. :D

The difference between college and pro is the higher up the pecking order you are the more likely you get to choose who will play for you and as much of it as you have scholarships. In the NFL it is an equal playing field and if you are not in line with your GM you might not even have much of a say. If a coach can relate to kids or has whatever charisma is needed to attract them or better yet go to a school that is properly branded, recruiting is half of the battle. I will go out on a limb and state that if Saban wanted to disappear for the year of 2018 and asked echowaker to jump in his head for the year, that with the rest of the staffs complicity Alabama still wins 10 games in 2018 minimum. The only game echowaker might lose if given Alabama is Auburn.
appreciate the vote of confidence. coach is my mentor but he is the reason alabama has been so successful. how were they before he arrived.? yes he gets great players but why do you think they are going there ? the great curriculum ? ridiculous to think you could just plug and coach anyone there. dumb. saban has created and ingrained the culture there.

I personally think it was a mistake putting UM back on the schedule especially game 1. Harbaugh definitely has a decided schematic advantage over Kelly and that's no joke. Hope springs eternal for all the Kelly supporters but at the end of the day you will see the same inconsistent offense which will give Michigan momentum. I hope we win but I see a 2 to 3 touchdown victory for Harbaugh on Sept. 1 caused by either turnovers or offensive incompetence by Kelly/Long.
schematic advantage ? thats funny chuck weis.

Over-react much??

Kelly's winning percentage vs the Buckeyes is also zero.
He didnt ask about kelly. Osu is not an annual rival that nd is expected to compete with annually. Harbaugh hasnt beaten any if his in division rivals since arriving at meatchicken. The skunkbears have feasted on the crappy bottom half of the conference. Hes great for a quick boost to recruiting but has shown nothing in college to justify the love he gets. 1 good year at stanford is it.

He didnt ask about kelly. Osu is not an annual rival that nd is expected to compete with annually. Harbaugh hasnt beaten any if his in division rivals since arriving at meatchicken. The skunkbears have feasted on the crappy bottom half of the conference. Hes great for a quick boost to recruiting but has shown nothing in college to justify the love he gets. 1 good year at stanford is it.

The topic of the thread is Kelly vs Harbaugh. If someone is going to lol over Harbaugh not yet beating OSU, then it is fair to point out Kelly has not done so either. And of course Harbaugh's winning percentage at Michigan is better than Kelly's at ND (who has feasted on the crappy half of the ACC).

The topic of the thread is Kelly vs Harbaugh. If someone is going to lol over Harbaugh not yet beating OSU, then it is fair to point out Kelly has not done so either. And of course Harbaugh's winning percentage at Michigan is better than Kelly's at ND (who has feasted on the crappy half of the ACC).
Kelly has achieved way, way more as a college coach and it isn't even close.

Reactions: mirer03
And almost winning a Super Bowl is a greater accomplishment than getting blown out in a NC game.
apparently you missed my reference of " college coach ". for the record losing is losing . almost winning ? hanging your hat on that ? i almost dated Jennifer Aniston once too. if she would have only responded. sigh.

And almost winning a Super Bowl is a greater accomplishment than getting blown out in a NC game.
Lol. Not for a college coach. Has nothing to do with recruiting, player development, etc. Done with you . Welcome to block list.

apparently you missed my reference of " college coach ". for the record losing is losing . almost winning ? hanging your hat on that ? i almost dated Jennifer Aniston once too. if she would have only responded. sigh.

My post was concerning being a football coach, period. No qualifiers.

Kelly's winning percentage vs the Buckeyes is also zero.

Really a ridiculous comparison, schadenfreude. You guys play OSU every year. They are your # 1 rival. We have only played them in a couple bowl games while Kelly has been coach.

fine, then open it open to high school and pop warner too. i guess you compare podiatrists to cardiologists too. it's all medicine right ?

The NFL and the FBS hire head coaches from one another all the time.

On the other hand, only Notre Dame hires a high school coach to be their head coach.

wcpo_1976_Moeller_Gerry_Faust_1513867919279_74674674_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Last edited:
The NFL and the BCS hire head coaches from one another all the time.

On the other hand, only Notre Dame hires a high school coach to be their head coach.

wcpo_1976_Moeller_Gerry_Faust_1513867919279_74674674_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
Gotta say that it's hard to take any of your posts as credible when you cite an organization that has been disbanded for a while now. Google is your friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT