ADVERTISEMENT

jenner to be honered at the epsys with courage award

Like maybe you liberals should take your own advice and be more tolerant of Christians,

And what post in this thread shows intolerance of Christians? There should be more sadness for the ignorance and bigotry being shown in many posts.

^ holding to fundamental Christian principles is ok with society as long as it is not expressed nor practiced in a way to violate pagan lifestyle.

So from a politically correct perspective nothing fundamentally biblically is politically correct and any expression of those convictions receives little social tolerence; this is of course necessary to preserve freedom of religion.
W

How did this become a "how Christian are you" issue? A private institution is giving him an award. No one is forcing or even asking Christians to watch or support the Espys.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sal

I don't think this is a matter of geographics or politics. Not gonna get in a pissing contest and I certainly am not going to proselytize on this board. My last comment on the comments here:

Fundamentally: As far as God goes, JMO
he said what he meant and meant what he said; it's there for my direction.
I don't think I can improve upon it AND God certainly does not need my help.

But obviously, there are those that feel God needs mans guidance to get it "right"; there are even those that feel that 'man created God'.
..........................................................................................................................................
oh, Is this 'W' the new pagan response to anything pro Christian. have at it, you don't need any explanation on my account; but if you guys get it wrong, ....

Last edited:
I like pissing off left wingers like Granite and Ewing.

You're grossly overstating your value if you actually think that your posts "piss" me off, or in general, influence me emotionally in any way. There are certain people on this board whose opinions I hold in high regard (even those who I disagree with). You're not one of them.

The main tenets of Christianity (or, I should say, the teachings of Christ to be more specific), I've found, are generally approved and admired by atheists, agnostics, and non-Christians alike. The sad thing is that some of the people who carry the banner of Christianity, like yourself, tend to espouse hateful statements that undercut the main message of Christianity. You may want to be "tolerated" as a Christian, but your own statements hurt your stated desire. I sense, correctly I think, but also sadly, that you can't comprehend this.

Reactions: Granite45
Perse-

I think geography matters to the degree that more exposure to different groups, i.e. the LGBT community affects the way you view people who identify with those groups. Further, if you grow up surrounded by a community that is not based solely in black/white binaries it increases the liklihood that you are going to be more open to the gray areas of issues like gender and sex.

The political things wasn't something started be me, it seems that a lot of posters are attributing this to liberals forcing the issue but I am not sure how that is so. No one wants to answer that they just want to continue to fear monger the hell out of those atheist liberals with the agenda.

The "W" response came from Sandgruff as response he started and then hit post before he finished. Instead of editing the post he posted it two posts later in the thread, but sure it the pagan response.

I think where we differ is that there is an underlying assumption in your position that god as a catholic/christian envisions him is the only way a person can have god in their life and therefore anyone who doesn't view the world through that framework is attacking your faith. I feel like my faith is independent of other's faith and I am not sure why I have the right to judge others for fulfilling their faith in a way that makes more sense to them.

Reactions: echowaker
Perse-

I think geography matters to the degree that more exposure to different groups, i.e. the LGBT community affects the way you view people who identify with those groups. Further, if you grow up surrounded by a community that is not based solely in black/white binaries it increases the liklihood that you are going to be more open to the gray areas of issues like gender and sex.

The political things wasn't something started be me, it seems that a lot of posters are attributing this to liberals forcing the issue but I am not sure how that is so. No one wants to answer that they just want to continue to fear monger the hell out of those atheist liberals with the agenda.

The "W" response came from Sandgruff as response he started and then hit post before he finished. Instead of editing the post he posted it two posts later in the thread, but sure it the pagan

I think where we differ is that there is an underlying assumption in your position that god as a catholic/christian envisions him is the only way a person can have god in their life and therefore anyone who doesn't view the world through that framework is attacking your faith. I feel like my faith is independent of other's faith and I am not sure why I have the right to judge others for fulfilling their faith in a way that makes more sense to them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I have no judgement on the Jenner transformation; I have no idea where BJ stands with God; as to the comments "what would Jesus do?"; God has his permisive will and his perfect will.
2. I made my choice of belief, it was not an accident of birth and thus imposed upon me. My convictions are unaffected by anothers convictions or lack of.
3. As i Mentioned, I don't try to proselytize nor evangelize; I learned it is not a talent nor a 'gift' for me.

as for the 'political'- the whole of the matter is a reflection of the socio-geo-political climate.
It is almost inseparable, one from the others in considering the matter(s)
When I read or learn of such matters, I do consider them in terms of biblical teachings and prophecy.

To all have a great day; and
in the words of the Grand Commander "can't we all just not get along"

I like pissing off left wingers like Granite and Ewing.
I can't imagine that anyone gets pissed off by any comment on a simplistic message board; how could any post affect anyone's life that much? But it does seem like a shallow motivation consistent with previous shallow posts on the issue.

Reactions: echowaker
I can't imagine that anyone gets pissed off by any comment on a simplistic message board; how could any post affect anyone's life that much? But it does seem like a shallow motivation consistent with previous shallow posts on the issue.

I don't think that we lack for posters who seem to post merely to get a rise out of other people.

It seems self evident that no one would want the kind of attention this brings unless the feelings were real. The suicide rates of transgender are through the roof. Thus, respect, compassion, and open-mindedness seem like the prescriptions of the day. I get that some human beings are scared of what they don't understand, but fortunately we are starting to have brave people like Jenner come forward. Someone's suffering Lord, kumbaya.

It seems self evident that no one would want the kind of attention this brings unless the feelings were real. The suicide rates of transgender are through the roof. Thus, respect, compassion, and open-mindedness seem like the prescriptions of the day. I get that some human beings are scared of what they don't understand, but fortunately we are starting to have brave people like Jenner come forward. Someone's suffering Lord, kumbaya.

I agree. I think the Lord calls us to be compassionate toward other people, and not to pass them off as "freaks" or "weird" or worse. It's sad that so many who profess Christian beliefs don't follow their own leader's example, and instead, seek to ostracize others who are dealing with difficult issues.

Bruce looks pretty good in drag. We are living in a time of cultural devolution,next up is the acceptance of beastiality.[/QUOTE

It's not considered acceptable??? Well, I have a gerbil salesman from Saturday that owes me an apology! Frickin liar!

Anybody interested in buying 3 gerbils? I have to be honest. I should probably refer to them as "rescue" gerbils after Saturday night.

Benito Sanchez said:
Bruce looks pretty good in drag. We are living in a time of cultural devolution,next up is the acceptance of beastiality.[/QUOTE

It's not considered acceptable??? Well, I have a gerbil salesman from Saturday that owes me an apology! Frickin liar!

Anybody interested in buying 3 gerbils? I have to be honest. I should probably refer to them as "rescue" gerbils after Saturday night.

Benito Sanchez said:

Poll question,would you rather be:
1 Richard Gere's gerbil
2 argus

BTW, a side note!

To those ho may think I hate Mo1d, I do not. I feel sorry for him because I know he is about 70 and his only life is to attempt to persuade public opinion that sees Bowden and Jumbo to be terribly dirty coaches and that is an impossible task. I do worry that Mo1d hurts himself or others as his sickness is obvious.

He needs help and when we hear him act out on his many deficiencies I suppose some will blame me. It is very sad!

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-beat-a-dead-horse-but-when-i-do-i-blame-everyone-else-425bcd.jpg

Reactions: Bodizephax
The single mom that works and manages to spend time with her kids, the father that works 3 jobs to put his kids through school. The vet who went to war only to come home without legs or arms and is in a wheelchair forever. Yet, doesn't ask for help and still finds a way to provide for the family. The children, who against all odds lift themselves up and achieve their goals without any fanfare. I'm not in Jenner's shoes so I will not comment on that topic one way or the other. However, when the word courage and award are put together, Jenner is the last name I would think of. Not knowing where your next meal is coming from or where your next bedroom is located, yet pushing forward and not giving up when your entire being says to, that's courage. That's the type of person who should be honored.

The single mom that works and manages to spend time with her kids, the father that works 3 jobs to put his kids through school. The vet who went to war only to come home without legs or arms and is in a wheelchair forever. Yet, doesn't ask for help and still finds a way to provide for the family. The children, who against all odds lift themselves up and achieve their goals without any fanfare. I'm not in Jenner's shoes so I will not comment on that topic one way or the other. However, when the word courage and award are put together, Jenner is the last name I would think of. Not knowing where your next meal is coming from or where your next bedroom is located, yet pushing forward and not giving up when your entire being says to, that's courage. That's the type of person who should be honored.
The award being given is sponsored by ESPN. Why would you expect these examples to fit their model of recipient?

If anyone deserves an award for courage I think it should go to Argusman (Epictitus) for showing the courage to day in and day out to continue to make a flaming jackass out of himself. Not to mention to be the most hated poster in rivals history. Congrats asshole.

Why should Jenner get this award? He hasn't done anything related to sports in decades.

I really wish I had the opportunity to see an Argus post. This guy did a great job of getting under the skin of some really arrogant people here. Look within!

If anyone deserves an award for courage I think it should go to Argusman (Epictitus) for showing the courage to day in and day out to continue to make a flaming jackass out of himself. Not to mention to be the most hated poster in rivals history. Congrats asshole.
I was thinking the same thing.

Don't leave out dubs and bigfella. Two other argus aliases.

That said ... his attempt to hijack yet another thread went over like a lead balloon. Epic fail! As usual not one single poster was in agreement with him.

Can you spell psychopath?

I really wish I had the opportunity to see an Argus post. This guy did a great job of getting under the skin of some really arrogant people here. Look within!
You should look within and see your inner Argus. You fool no one!

If there were a Hall of Fame for this, he would be a charter member.

Reactions: NDEwing18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT