ADVERTISEMENT

jenner to be honered at the epsys with courage award

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
bruce jenner now known as Caitlyn jenner is being honored and awarded the Arthur ashe courage award at the espys. maybe I shouldn't be starting this thread as it'll probably get locked but how in the hell do you honor someone with a courage award for deciding to change there sex. to me you are sick in the head and need help at some kind of hospital or clinic if your changing your sex and yet espn is awarding this person for it with a very pestrigous award that deserves to go to somebody fighting an illness or going having to deal with racial issues in there sport

bruce jenner now known as Caitlyn jenner is being honored and awarded the Arthur ashe courage award at the espys. maybe I shouldn't be starting this thread as it'll probably get locked but how in the hell do you honor someone with a courage award for deciding to change there sex. to me you are sick in the head and need help at some kind of hospital or clinic if your changing your sex and yet espn is awarding this person for it with a very pestrigous award that deserves to go to somebody fighting an illness or going having to deal with racial issues in there sport
I agree to a point. Jenner could just be messed up, doing this for money, publicity, etc etc or truly have an issue he can't control. For that point, you don't give this this award where people have to deal with true adversity they can't control. Nobody knows what's going on with Jenner except himself, how can you give the award for that? Mind boggling.

If he wanted Money or publicity he could have just chilled on the Kardashian gravy train, they more money and are in the public eye more then anyone. In fact while there will be an uptick in Jenner's public stock initially as there is buzz around the story, once the story because old news there is a bigger risk to this popularity financial opportunities in the long run then if he had just stayed Bruce.

again I just think that this award needs to go to somebody in the sports world that is dealing with real illness issues or racial issues or something in those areas. i personally would give this award to the family of that wbb player in or around the cincy area that died this past winter from cancer. even though she was fighting a losing battle with cancer she got on the court and tried to play year this past season until she just couldn't anymore

Can he compete as a woman now in the Olympic Games?
More Distraction from the real problems of America - no wonder .01% are running away with it.

Can he compete as a woman now in the Olympic Games?
More Distraction from the real problems of America - no wonder .01% are running away with it.

Isn't the very nature of sports to distract us from the real problems of the world?

Reactions: Walruzz
not sure this is necessarily a 'sports' related decision or social happening. I just dunno!

Award to courage? Since when is a man becoming a woman courageous? Man that is dumb!

again I just think that this award needs to go to somebody in the sports world that is dealing with real illness issues or racial issues or something in those areas. i personally would give this award to the family of that wbb player in or around the cincy area that died this past winter from cancer. even though she was fighting a losing battle with cancer she got on the court and tried to play year this past season until she just couldn't anymore

Why wouldn't you classify this as an illness (assuming, for the sake of argument, that it is an illness)?

I get what your saying NDEwing18 but he or she now has a sick in the head illness and i'm talking about somebody fighting cancer or some other major health issue

I get what your saying NDEwing18 but he or she now has a sick in the head illness and i'm talking about somebody fighting cancer or some other major health issue

A "sick in the head illness?" No kidding.

I think people need to realize that mental health and mental illnesses (and I'm not stating that being transgendered is an "illness") are legitimate items that shouldn't be dismissed because they aren't "real".

Sal

all in all, great restraint has been demonstrated in this thread! so many things could have ....

Sure, I think living in a fairly progressive city (San Antonio) and growing up in a really progressive city (Austin) has made me a bit more open minded with issues like this.

If you saw the interview with Diane Sawyer as I did, i went from being a skeptic to believing he had "female tendencies" from a young age. He is not "gay", he just always felt he was a women. I don't pretend to understand him, but I also don't think some of the bigots here ( if bigot is the right word) are being fair. It just adds to the so many here being so out of touch. Bruce or Caitlyn? So what!

Hey guys, Jenner does not seem to have a mental illness, it's a gender identity issue. No need to act like a tough guy and belittle him.

Sure, I think living in a fairly progressive city (San Antonio) and growing up in a really progressive city (Austin) has made me a bit more open minded with issues like this.

I was born in America so I believe Bruce Jenner has the right to change his body (Freedom baby!). But I still think it is sick.

Progressives try to force their beliefs on everyone.

Ditto

1.4 million twitter followers in 4 hours. An ESPY in the first day. The man, or woman, is a marketing genius.

Go Irish!

even though I think it is wrong to change genders I also believe he has the right to do so in a free country that we live in but don't award people like him though for doing it by giving them some major prestigious award on a national televised tv awards show. what kind of message are we sending the kids of this country when we award these people like him or now her

Reactions: Bodizephax
He, or she, just hit 1.5 million followers. You guys know people get paid to tweet, and re-tweet, right?

Go Irish!

I suppose Dennis Hastert could give him a run for his money on the courage award thing.....Its even sports related if the wrestling coach angle pans out....

even though I think it is wrong to change genders I also believe he has the right to do so in a free country that we live in but don't award people like him though for doing it by giving them some major prestigious award on a national televised tv awards show. what kind of message are we sending the kids of this country when we award these people like him or now her

The kids of this country are already inundated with a lot of crap nowadays. The fact that an award winner on the ESPYs makes a difference is a bit ridiculous.

Younger folk are more accepting, thankfully, about the LGBT population. I think they'll be fine.

Reactions: echowaker

I suppose that the message being sent is that we should be more tolerant of people different from ourselves.

NDE
i trust you are not much for fundamental Biblical beliefs.

Last edited:
Like maybe you liberals should take your own advice and be more tolerant of Christians,

I don't see much reason to be tolerant of someone whose "contribution" to this thread is "They should give the next courage award for the first man to bang Caitlyn without a bag over her head."

That's a very "Christian" remark on your part right there.

Reactions: echowaker
^ holding to fundamental Christian principles is ok with society as long as it is not expressed nor practiced in a way to violate pagan lifestyle.

So from a politically correct perspective nothing fundamentally biblically is politically correct and any expression of those convictions receives little social tolerence; this is of course necessary to preserve freedom of religion.

Hard not to be more open-minded than the bigotry being asserted in many of the posts in this thread. This is not a very difficult issue to understand.

ADVERTISEMENT