ADVERTISEMENT

It'll be South Carolina or Georgia for Golson

Golson had more turnovers last year (22) than 85 entire division one college football teams.

If Malik stays healthy we will have a great year this year. And Malik is a LEADER !

Bingo! As long as Zaire stays healthy, this is an upgrade at the QB position in my opinion.

I highly doubt EG lands in SEC country. He has a lot of hurdles and red tape to go through to make that happen. We shall see though.

The truth is there is no SEC school in dire straights enough to sign a lame duck QB who can't come on campus until Fall camp starts. Not even God could learn a system or gain team chemistry in 20 or so practices before the first game. That's not saying one or two aren't above rolling the dice. Alabama probably has the most difficult QB situation in the SEC, and I'll guarantee you won't see Golson there. Now if he could have come before Spring camp I personally would have loved to see how it worked out. He would be better off going to one of those 50 point a game schools like Sam Houston State or something. Wish the guy luck.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Can't see him going to Georgia . Golson would love to go to major football school ,but difficult to be starting QB over quarterbacks who were in the system from Day 1 . Maybe puts coach in bad light ? Did happen at Wisconsin with Wilson who made a difference .The Badgers had a great season with Wilson.

Does South Carolina have a QB ready to step into the starting job ? There are Domers trying to figure out a school that has a real need for a QB ..What SEC team would that be ?

Mississippi ? LSU?

USC east

the only system where there is no experienced starter in his way. And then there is Spurrier (the coach who for some strange reason is attributed greatness - who has not been great for a very very long time, if ever!)

EG will get to throw the ball all over and do something familiar; make some big plays, then turn the ball over, frequently causing Spurrier to throw his cap into the dirt, all while going 8-4.

The level of turnovers last year by Golson were not attributed to injuries or a weak offensive line. They were entirely mental mistakes. That suggests that in would not be fixed entirely. We would have seen more of the same....just not as many perhaps. He had digressed, pure and simple. At best, he would have been inconsistent. Freshman mistakes at this stage of his career are not what we need at quarterback. Time for all parties concerned to move on.

South Carolina would be a good move for EG. He would start and would be a top 10 QB in the nation. Probably pass for more years than MZ as ND will feature the run in their championship drive.

South Carolina would be a good move for EG. He would start and would be a top 10 QB in the nation. Probably pass for more years than MZ as ND will feature the run in their championship drive.
Yea EG would mesh very well with Spurrier. One tirade by the old ballcoach and Everett would be hiding behind the stands.

Reactions: mh2365
Zaire is a leader. I liked Golson, Scar guy and all, but he just was missing that moxy a QB needs. Once I saw Zaire leading the way for Folson on that TD run against LSU, and even before that when we were way down against USC and he as so hyped on the sideline, I knew this was the future and Golson was the past.

Going to be really interesting how this plays out in the SEC. They have a rule that allows graduate transfers only if the were not subject to discipline at their former school. We all know he was suspended in 2013.....

Do they bend the rules for a football player? Would the SEC dare do that? Ha

Funny how many of you are butt hurt by a kid choosing to transfer. He'll go to USC they have a 5th yr starter in Thompson who is very very very average and then nobody with any experience. Golson will walk right into that starting gig and likely do really well....also give USC a solid chance to win the East.

Funny how many of you are butt hurt by a kid choosing to transfer. He'll go to USC they have a 5th yr starter in Thompson who is very very very average and then nobody with any experience. Golson will walk right into that starting gig and likely do really well....also give USC a solid chance to win the East.
Yeah those 20 plus turnovers and the rest of his baggage will just disappear. Yes and Turnover and Pers will start displaying some logic in their posts.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT