ADVERTISEMENT

IS Kelly Leving ND

And no statue. Hopefully ND will have a change of heart and decide to stick with the NCAA ruling stripping Kelly of those wins, hence stripping him if the all time wins as well, or at least put an asterisk next to it.
I would support this. It sends a clear message of, “you’re done. Never come back.”

Reactions: NDinNJ
Kelly just killed his legacy. Even if he somehow stayed, he has lost the team, the alumni, the admin, former players, etc. He’ll forever be a pariah to ND nation.
Why? You’re too emotional. This is a
Business. He did well here, and is now leaving. Sucks….I wish he was staying, but he’s obviously free to go where he wants.

“Next man up”. Can’t wait to see who it is.

You’ll hate the next coach too.
I won’t. Time for some new blood. Who knows what went on behind closed doors. Maybe Jack already has the next coach lined up and let Kelly know, that it maybe time for a change. It’s been 12 years, no championships, not even competitive in major bowl games, and haven’t seen much improvement over time that would make one think he has a chance at winning a title.

Kelly just killed his legacy. Even if he somehow stayed, he has lost the team, the alumni, the admin, former players, etc. He’ll forever be a pariah to ND nation.
LSU saying they‘re hiring him kills his legacy even it ends up not being true?

I know Meyer has nine years on Fickell, but he’s only 57. He probably has another 10 years in him. Would anyone be happy with that hire?

My dream...Fickell and retain Freeman
What happens to Rees? Surely he doesn't go with Kelly does he?

I know Meyer has nine years on Fickell, but he’s only 57. He probably has another 10 years in him. Would anyone be happy with that hire?
The problem with trying to hire Meyer is NFL season doesn’t end for another month. That’s a lifetime when it comes to recruiting, and even hiring another coach. What if Meyer says no, ND can’t risk getting caught holding the bag.

He is my choice also but the more depressing issue is ND not being willing to step up to the plate

If they won’t do it for the winningest coach in school history they won’t do it for anyone

They are not serious about winning national titles
If he had win a Title they probably would have.

Heard 7 for 100 for bk. I wouldn't offer him that if I was ND either

The problem with trying to hire Meyer is NFL season doesn’t end for another month. That’s a lifetime when it comes to recruiting, and even hiring another coach. What if Meyer says no, ND can’t risk getting caught holding the bag.
You make him decide now. If he says no you move on

I had always hoped that Jon Gruden would become the head coach, but I think that ship has sailed.

I dont mean to pick on you guys because you are devoted fans but I have always felt the guy was never 100% genuine. To leave with a #3 recruiting class and a potential playoff berth is ludicrous.

ND could do a whole lot worse than Brian Kelly.

Reactions: graceh90
I dont mean to pick on you guys because you are devoted fans but I have always felt the guy was never 100% genuine. To leave with a #3 recruiting class and a potential playoff berth is ludicrous.
Exactly. I don’t like all of these headlines but believe this is a ploy, or I hope it is. He’s got two more good recruiting classes coming in and a lot of momentum. I’d hope he stays 5-6 more years at least.

Nick Saban will be announced as the new Notre Dame coach. Nick has realized winning another Championship is expected at Alabama but will do almost nothing to enhance his legacy while winning one at Notre Dame will put him over the top.

• Haha
Meyer would walk in with this current roster and win the title next year.
If titles or bust is what the fanbase subscribes to, Meyer would be the guy. But like others have said, he has baggage, which the school would frown upon. I personally would hire him. College football has become a pro sport and not treating it as such will result in no natties. Meyer has proven he can get them.

If he had win a Title they probably would have.

Heard 7 for 100 for bk. I wouldn't offer him that if I was ND either
7 for 100 is absurd. The chances of him winning a natty there are honestly slim. He’ll likely make it through only 70% of that contract before they fire him.

7 for 100 is absurd. The chances of him winning a natty there are honestly slim. He’ll likely make it through only 70% of that contract before they fire him.
LSU will want to see 10 wins in year 1, and Natty or bust in year 2. Kelly goes 7-5, 9-3, he’s gone.

People wanted Freeman fired as coordinator after the first few games and now we want to anoint him head coach. Lol. ND is F’d!!

Reactions: wi_hoosier
Exactly. I don’t like all of these headlines but believe this is a ploy, or I hope it is. He’s got two more good recruiting classes coming in and a lot of momentum. I’d hope he stays 5-6 more years at least.
Even if it’s a ploy to extort ND for $$$, you would still want him at ND? That bridge is burned permanently.
Meyer’s transgressions pale in comparison to this.

People wanted Freeman fired as coordinator after the first few games and now we want to anoint him head coach. Lol. ND is F’d!!
agree...... FREEMAN WOULD BE A DISASTER!

I've never loved kelly but i've felt like ND couldn't get better.

Even if it’s a ploy to extort ND for $$$, you would still want him at ND? That bridge is burned permanently.
A ploy could go both ways. He dances with LSU and turns them down showing that ND is an elite school. Its getting past that point now but that’s what I’m hoping. He’s just out fishing right now with no cell service lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT