ADVERTISEMENT

IS Kelly Leving ND

Doesn't sound right. Why would he leave ND for LSU? If he did you might get Myer and could certainly get Fickel.

Doesn't sound right. Why would he leave ND for LSU? If he did you might get Myer and could certainly get Fickel.
If Myer hadnt pulled that move on his wife, he’d probably be a top target. No way ND considers him now. Fickell would be best option. He beat one of NDs beat ever teams with 1-2 star kids.

Is this a joke?

Kelly would be going 6-6 every year in SEC and be fired in 3 years..
He has a good gig here where you have to play one or two tough teams in a year he will never leave..
Likely a money move. ND will give him more $$. Or it’s media bs. We hear this a lot. Never comes to fruition. Or, he could be thinking Saban is nearing retirement.

Reactions: VTND
Hard to understand if happens: From Pete Sampson

LSU targeting Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly for vacancy. Multiple sources tell the The Athletic that the Irish head coach is a person of serious interest for the SEC powerhouse.

theathletic.com
LSU targeting Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly for vacancy: Sources
LSU missed out on Lincoln Riley, who left Oklahoma for USC.

2:21 PM · Nov 29, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
If he stays we continue with our great recruiting and win a NC. If he leaves we get Luke Fickell continue the great recruiting and win a NC. A winwin either way. Bodi is not sweating this.

Fickell or Meyer definitely beats SC at the press conference. Steals their thunder LOL!But I think this is just agent money moves.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Recruit- Coach I heard Kelly is leaving.
Freeman - yeah but Fickell will replace him and your point?

Kelly sees Nick Saban in his nightmares every night you think he wants to see him on the field every year? no way
He is a finesse coach will never last in SEC.. He has not produced a single physical team @ ND in 12 years.. too soft for SEC..

Reactions: NDinNJ
Well that would obviously be devastating. And surprising. At his age, I figured he was going to play out the string on his current contract and then retire. Time to kick it in the Caribbean while you're still young.

Rebuilding LSU, which supposedly is a fairly notorious program even by SEC standards didn't seem like the sort of thing he would act on. Let alone of course just staying at ND regardless of anything else. So if there's any substance at all to this report then I guess we'll see....

Anyone else notice how BK is looking more and more as he ages like Emperor Palpatine? I always thought of BK as such a teddy bear, too......

Kelly sees Nick Saban in his nightmares every night you think he wants to see him on the field every year? no way
He is a finesse coach will never last in SEC.. He has not produced a single physical team @ ND in 12 years.. too soft for SEC..
Jesus Chris can somebody get this asshole out of here... For F's sake, you're not a ND fan are you?

LSU targeting Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly for vacancy. Multiple sources tell the The Athletic that the Irish head coach is a person of serious interest for the SEC powerhouse.

theathletic.com

It’s actually pretty easy to understand.

BK wants to win a national title and LSU provides as easy a path to that as exists in CFB.

At some point there has to be frustration with the roadblocks that Notre Dame throws up

He likely wants to face the Sabans, Meyers, and Sweeney’s on an equal playing field for once and I don’t blame him.

He will more than hold his own with the talent LSU can recruit

Why not. I can see Kelly leaving. No recruiting restrictions in the SEC. If this is true and he leaves , oh well. This is that time of year. Let the speculation begin.

theathletic.com

They can "target" anyone they choose to target. In addition to Kelly, I hear they are targeting Saban and Belichek. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think you'd find that the SEC schools that actually play us, LSU and Georgia most recently, would strongly disagree. But please, carry on. :rolleyes:

Well that would obviously be devastating. And surprising. At his age, I figured he was going to play out the string on his current contract and then retire. Time to kick it in the Caribbean while you're still young.

Rebuilding LSU, which supposedly is a fairly notorious program even by SEC standards didn't seem like the sort of thing he would act on. Let alone of course just staying at ND regardless of anything else. So if there's any substance at all to this report then I guess we'll see....

Anyone else notice how BK is looking more and more as he ages like Emperor Palpatine? I always thought of BK as such a teddy bear, too......
You were all over Riley for leaving Oklahoma because they are going to the SEC claiming he couldn't cut it there and took the easy way out. Well, if LSU offered Kelly a shot to coach in the best conference in football and Kelly turns it down, isn't Kelly just as big a loser in your eyes as Lincoln Riley? I mean Kelly would get a nice raise and get the chance to recruit players he couldn't possibly get at Notre Dame. A chance to prove himself on a level playing field with the best. You'd get a raise too I'm sure because Kelly is going to need guys like you to keep churning out the propaganda of how great he is on message boards like these.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Why not. I can see Kelly leaving. No recruiting restrictions in the SEC. If this is true and he leaves , oh well. This is that time of year. Let the speculation begin.
Yeah, I'm sure you can. I'm guessing he's just hearing them out. And getting himself a nice pay raise. After all, isn't MSU's coach getting 90 million?

But all the wolves will show their fangs, you can be sure. Wasn't their a thread going where all the haters were indignantly insisting no one wants BK to be fired.....

If the on the off chance he does leave there will be much rejoicing you can be sure of it. Oh well indeed.....

Reactions: tkirish
You were all over Riley for leaving Oklahoma because they are going to the SEC claiming he couldn't cut it there and took the easy way out. Well, if LSU offered Kelly a shot to coach in the best conference in football and Kelly turns it down, isn't Kelly just as big a loser in your eyes as Lincoln Riley? I mean Kelly would get a nice raise and get the chance to recruit players he couldn't possibly get at Notre Dame. A chance to prove himself on a level playing field with the best. You'd get a raise too I'm sure because Kelly is going to need guys like you to keep churning out the propaganda of how great he is on message boards like these.
Just GTFO of my face, psycho. I'm not going to be in any mood to deal with hater trolls like yourself on a subject like this.

So pretty please with sugar on top, STFU and GTFO.

With every additional win Kelly solidifies his position in football history as the winningest coach in Norte Dame’s fabled football history.

Ain‘t gonna happen !

I don't see Kelly to LSU. ND is doing well and LSU will eventually be a top team again but there might be a struggle for a new coach to get them there (the SEC West is tough).

If the on the off chance he does leave there will be much rejoicing you can be sure of it. Oh well indeed.....
Until they sober up and realize that we need to find another coach that can win 11 games a season. And yes, if we win our bowl game that will be 55 wins in five seasons. I created an algorithm which preliminarily tells me that's 11 games per season, but it is still in beta testing.

I wouldn’t blame him if he left. I’m not sure he can win a title here. I think he’s good enough to win at LSU with the right people

Until they sober up and realize that we need to find another coach that can win 11 games a season. And yes, if we win our bowl game that will be 55 wins in five seasons. I created an algorithm which preliminarily tells me that's 11 games per season, but it is still in beta testing.
Our schedule this year was weak. We had more talent than all our opponents. We played 1 team on our level and lost at home decisively.

And what are we supposed to make of this pseudo-official speak of 'person of serious interest'. Does that have any actual particular import, or is that just Pete Sampson being the usual milk toast douchebag?

I'm assuming it's the latter, but I don't know....

His name escapes me but the coach from Wake Forest would be a very good hire. I also like Wittingham from Utah.

Reactions: graceh90
It doesn’t look good if our coach leaves for another school. I don’t believe this is true and think its just gamesmanship

With every additional win Kelly solidifies his position in football history as the winningest coach in Norte Dame’s fabled football history.

Ain‘t gonna happen !
If he doesn’t believe he can actually win a title here, he might leave. $$ and a better chance to win one before he retires could make it happen. He may feel he’s reached his ceiling here. Again, Jack should be on the phone with Luke Fickell if BK entertains this. Fickell is the only coach left. He beat BK with his hands behind his back and a bunch of rejects. Fickell is young, hungry and damn good.

In all honesty, this year would be better than next for him to leave. There is a good coach left on the board and he may be the most underrated of them all. I love BK, but if he leaves, I want Fickell. I’d choose him over Riley. Cincy would beat OK.

Kelly would absolutely take over the SEC if he goes to LSU.

He put teams in national championship games graduating 99% of his team and espn had the audacity to compare Sabans equal commitment to academics because he had Bama at 52%…lol

If Kelly can operate with SEC rules in a ultra talent rich SEC state that has produced as many top 10 NFL draft choices as anyone he will establish a dynasty the likes of which that school has never experienced

They won national championships with quite possibly the two biggest meatheads that have ever put on a headset

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT