ADVERTISEMENT

IS Kelly Leving ND

You don’t get it.

If Kelly goes to LSU. LSU is telling everyone that Brian Kelly is the best coach in the country who is attainable. If he is their target it may well say he is the best coach in the country period.

I have felt that all along. If he stays for love of the school great we have more years with the best coach in college football. If he goes he will take over the SEC and win multiple national titles at LSU which I am cool with also because CBK deserves to be able to take that shot without the limitations of all NDs dogmatic BS.

End of the day you are not just going out and getting better than him. They will need to find the next him and develop him.
Adding to this, just saw the stat that over the last four years, only 2 programs have averaged > 30 points on Offense and given up < 20 points on Defense. Bama and? Yep….our Irish. I’m good with BK doing whatever he wants but hope he stays.

Kelly sees Nick Saban in his nightmares every night you think he wants to see him on the field every year? no way
He is a finesse coach will never last in SEC.. He has not produced a single physical team @ ND in 12 years.. too soft for SEC..
Exactly I was just thinking this. Saban would own his shit annually instead of once every few years.

Fickell should be announced within the week.
He is my choice also but the more depressing issue is ND not being willing to step up to the plate

If they won’t do it for the winningest coach in school history they won’t do it for anyone

They are not serious about winning national titles

0-2 against Georgia in last couple games we played... I doubt we scare Georgia.. If ND somehow slides into 4th slot you will see Georgia trounce us 49-14. We never beat a highly ranked LSU team.. two times we beat them they had at least 4-5 losses
You changed the subject. You said we were not tough and physical enough for the SEC, we were a finesse team with a finesse coach. Now your talking wins and losses and opponents’ records. Again, if you ask the Georgia or LSU guys who played against us, they’d tell you were plenty physical and tough enough.

He is my choice also but the more depressing issue is ND not being willing to step up to the plate

If they won’t do it for the winningest coach in school history they won’t do it for anyone

IDK. They might be sick of BK playing these games and this is the best year for hiring in a long time. JS could be on to something here with Fickell.

I hope this is true.. ND can finally get a coach that could win a Title..
Either Fickel or promote Marcus Freeman.. Both have a hellva lot better chance of winning title than Kelly

Reactions: NDinNJ
This makes NO sense at all! LSU is ensnared in a lawsuit.

BK is the all time winningest coach at ND.

ND cupboard is more stocked.

BK grew up wanting to coach ND.

This is…. This has to be wrong.

Makes no sense to me either but Thamel is almost never wrong on this subjet. He broke Riley to us.

You don’t get it.

If Kelly goes to LSU. LSU is telling everyone that Brian Kelly is the best coach in the country who is attainable. If he is their target it may well say he is the best coach in the country period.

I have felt that all along. If he stays for love of the school great we have more years with the best coach in college football. If he goes he will take over the SEC and win multiple national titles at LSU which I am cool with also because CBK deserves to be able to take that shot without the limitations of all NDs dogmatic BS.

End of the day you are not just going out and getting better than him. They will need to find the next him and develop him.
By your logic, LSU also told everyone that Coach O was also the best coach in the country who is attainable when they hired him. Sure he won a NC, but anyone on this board could have coached that team with its assistants to a NC.
If Kelly goes, he’ll be a 6-6, 7-5 coach at LSU and be gone within 5 years. ND schedule is easy compared to that SEC gauntlet he’ll face every year.

If he leaves I wish him well. He did a great job getting ND back from the depths. Hopefully the next coach can get them over the top

Reactions: mirer03
By your logic, LSU also told everyone that Coach O was also the best coach in the country who is attainable when they hired him. Sure he won a NC, but anyone on this board could have coached that team with its assistants to a NC.
If Kelly goes, he’ll be a 6-6, 7-5 coach at LSU and be gone within 5 years. ND schedule is easy compared to that SEC gauntlet he’ll face every year.
They told the world they are Cajuns at heart and love and understand that weirdo….

They fired him 2 seasons after winning a national title so they may not have been totally wrong either

Maybe they are tired of dealing with this drama. He’s done it once before. Either you are loyal or not. If at 60 he wants to go because of the $$$ than good riddance. I would think at his age, he’d want to stay to finish what he started. I’ll be a happy camper if he goes. ND wasn’t going to win a title with Kelly anyway. Long overdue for a change in my opinion.

To Pennick, NDSMC and all the other Kelly lovers your girlfriend just up and left before the playoffs. Cincy The Sequel.

• Haha
How about Matt Rhule and Joe Brady. Blank check.
Lol. You haven't watched many panthers games. 1. They don't seem to be on the same page. 2. Brady isn't running the offense rhule is telling the press he wants to play.

I don’t get this. Did he ever make a playoff or come close to a title? He’s now a bad NFL coach. He’s nothing compared to Fickell.
A fair question. The draw for me is 2 things: he has proven he can turn around programs in complete shambles (Temple and Baylor, respectively), and he is one hell of a recruiter. Kids also love to play for him. He never really got a shot at a top tier school like LSU, ND, USC, etc…, because the NFL hired him away from college, but I’m like 90% certain he would win a Natty at those schools. He is well liked, well respected, and a great “face of the program.” Just my 2 cents. Take that fwiw, which isn’t a whole bunch, but that’s why I like him so much.

Reactions: twalsh
Obviously Fickell should be on the short list if this is true, but another guy I would look serious at is Dave Aranda. He had Top 10 defenses at Bucky. Then won a Natty as DC for LSU. He now has Baylor at 10-2 in just his second year.

Kelly just killed his legacy. Even if he somehow stayed, he has lost the team, the alumni, the admin, former players, etc. He’ll forever be a pariah to ND nation.

He beat BK by 2 touchdowns. He barely lost to Georgia. Everyone doubts them. Win or lose, he’s doing it at f’ing Cincinnati and he’s not a 1 year wonder. Imagine what he’d do with ND recruits. My God. Everyone that comes out of his program is good. Freeman would likely be retained with a Fickell hire. That’s big too. He’s the best coach in Ohio and I think Sonny Styles and many other Ohio kids know that too.
They're a good team, nothing great. They have no chance at winning it. Ryan Day is a better coach than Fickell.

Obviously Fickell should be on the short list if this is true, but another guy I would look serious at is Dave Aranda. He had Top 10 defenses at Bucky. Then won a Natty as DC for LSU. He now has Baylor at 10-2 in just his second year.
He just signed an extension at Baylor.

A fair question. The draw for me is 2 things: he has proven he can turn around programs in complete shambles (Temple and Baylor, respectively), and he is one hell of a recruiter. Kids also love to play for him. He never really got a shot at a top tier school like LSU, ND, USC, etc…, because the NFL hired him away from college, but I’m like 90% certain he would win a Natty at those schools. He is well liked, well respected, and a great “face of the program.” Just my 2 cents. Take that fwiw, which isn’t a whole bunch, but that’s why I like him so much.
ND is not a rebuild. One thing I give Kelly props for is he brought ND back to respectability and the HC job is once again desirable. ND needs a guy that’s going to take this program to the next level. Fickell beat Kelly with 2-3 star recruits, he has his team undefeated and 1 game away from the CFP. Not comparing him to Meyer, but what he’s done at Cincinnati reminds me of what Meyer did at Utah, and we know how Meyer turned out.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I don’t get this. Did he ever make a playoff or come close to a title? He’s now a bad NFL coach. He’s nothing compared to Fickell.
Took over one of the worst programs in d1 in temple and went 20 and 7 his last 2 years there. Almost beat Kelly in 2015 at Temple

Took over an absolute mess with Baylor and got to 11 wins in his 3rd year there

Dude can coach his ass off

Reactions: Kontiki09
Took over one of the worst programs in d1 in temple and went 20 and 7 his last 2 years there. Almost beat Kelly in 2015 at Temple

Took over an absolute mess with Baylor and got to 11 wins in his 3rd year there

Dude can coach his ass off
Yawn. Give me the guy that’s putting Cincy in the playoffs and DID beat BK. Nobody better.

Kelly just killed his legacy. Even if he somehow stayed, he has lost the team, the alumni, the admin, former players, etc. He’ll forever be a pariah to ND nation.
And no statue. Hopefully ND will have a change of heart and decide to stick with the NCAA ruling stripping Kelly of those wins, hence stripping him if the all time wins as well, or at least put an asterisk next to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT