ADVERTISEMENT

Huge recruiting week for ND

They could, but it better be the right 4 with who they have on the board for 2021... just get me Baker, Christ, Tengwall and Fisher... the other 3-4 guys they get between those two cycles is just gravy!

Hypothetically, if Zinter & Skoronski both wanted in (which doesn’t affect Baker or Christ), would you take both?

Hypothetically, if Zinter & Skoronski both wanted in (which doesn’t affect Baker or Christ), would you take both?

I would, but I don't think they're getting Zinter. They finally offered Jonah Monheim. I think he's a player to watch once he visits. Nice offer list and quality size and feet.

I would, but I don't think they're getting Zinter. They finally offered Jonah Monheim. I think he's a player to watch once he visits. Nice offer list and quality size and feet.

Yeah, I’m surprised after watching his film he wasn’t offered earlier?
But Baker, Christ & Skoronski is a great class. Coming off of Correll, Carroll, Kristofic & Olmstead, & looking ahead to Crippen, Tengwall, Fisher & Dellinger...that might be the best 3 year run of OL in years.

Yeah, I’m surprised after watching his film he wasn’t offered earlier?
But Baker, Christ & Skoronski is a great class. Coming off of Correll, Carroll, Kristofic & Olmstead, & looking ahead to Crippen, Tengwall, Fisher & Dellinger...that might be the best 3 year run of OL in years.

Not a huge Skoronski fan, but otherwise, I agree.

Really?
I’m a fan of basketball players who are athletic & can move.

Sounds like you will get your wish with Christ.
Grand slam so far.

6'3, 270lb guards just aren't really my thing... When you come up against teams like Clemson and Alabama in playoff games and they have the Dexter Lawrence, Jerry Tillery, Quinnen Williams, type NG's, I want 6'5, 315lb guys that can move and road grade that I can run behind... I prefer the way Alabama, LSU and Clemson build their offensive lines... Wirh creatures up front. It's not easy to find them, but I prefer having guys like Quenton Nelson and Alex Bars at guard. Guys athletic and long enough to play tackle, but with the 315-330lb frames that make them maulers as guards.

Just my preference... For Example,

QB: Tyler Buchner (JR)
RB: Chris Tyree (SR)
WR: Jordan Johnson (SR)
WR: Joe Wilkins (5th)
WR: Cristian Dixon (JR)
TE: Michael Mayer (SR)
TE: Tommy Tremble (5th)
LT: Tosh Baker 6'7, 315lbs (SR)
LG: Landon Tengwall 6'6, 315lbs (JR)
C: Zeke Correll 6'3, 300lbs (5th)
RG: Quinn Carroll 6'6, 310lbs (5th)
RT: Blake Fisher 6'5, 315lbs (JR)

Something like that on offense would be fun!

Last edited:
6'3, 270lb guards just aren't really my thing... When you come up against teams like Clemson and Alabama in playoff games and they have the Dexter Lawrence, Jerry Tillery, Quinnen Williams, type NG's, I want 6'5, 315lb guys that can move and road grade that I can run behind... I prefer the way Alabama, LSU and Clemson build their offensive lines... Wirh creatures up front. It's not easy to find them, but I prefer having guys like Quenton Nelson and Alex Bars at guard. Guys athletic and long enough to play tackle, but with the 315-330lb frames that make them maulers as guards.

WR: Jordan Johnson (JR)

No Kevin Austin in there because he’s in the NFL or didn’t work out?

WR: Jordan Johnson (JR)

Only problen is zeke will aready be playing sundays by then.:)

No Kevin Austin in there because he’s in the NFL or didn’t work out?

NFL or bust, and not a kid that I see being a Masters candidate... If I'm being realistic, the chances of ND having 4, 5th year seniors on one side of the ball that at that point is extremely low, but it would be nice to have that kind of experience... In 2017 they had 3 though (McGlinchey, Smith and Smythe)... So who knows?

Last edited:
Funny because last year he was the MVP of the Rivals Regional Camp as a year younger than everybody else too.

Guys can have huge days and off days. Awards at camps are awarded based on production, not reputation. Good for the other kid for outplaying Drew... Doubt Drew loses any sleep over it lol. Just a camp.

lots of crystal ball picks coming the way of our irish for 5 star VA RB Chris Tyree from several recruiting insiders like Wiltfong amongst others. he is making a decision I believe in june or july and visiting the buckeyes this weekend as they are having a big recruiting weekend with several kids. hope our irish get this kid because he has unreal speed as he is one of the fastest runners in high school track in the united states

Reactions: NotreDomer1
lots of crystal ball picks coming the way of our irish for 5 star VA RB Chris Tyree from several recruiting insiders like Wiltfong amongst others. he is making a decision I believe in june or july and visiting the buckeyes this weekend as they are having a big recruiting weekend with several kids. hope our irish get this kid because he has unreal speed as he is one of the fastest runners in high school track in the united states

Not OSU. He is visiting OU.

do you think our irish call it a day if they get him and Murphy from NY

They will call it a day at 2 backs, but they will only take 2 if it's 2 of the guys they really like, otherwise they'll be happy with 1 if he's as good as Tyree.

Have coaches said anything about Kyren Williams this spring?

If they land those two guys that would be outstanding. Murphy looks like the guy that's going to wind up being bowling ball of muscle.

Drew Pyne received his official invite to the Under Armour All American Game today at the Under Armour Regional Camp in Baltimore.
Chris Tyree is also there, & him & Pyne took pictures together & are communicating.

Man is Pyne short.

Tyree is 5'9... Pyne is scrapping 6'0.

He “officially” measured over 6’ at two different camps. I guess we will find out when he shows up. But the last two Heisman winners & 1st overall draft picks were just under 6’ & 5’10.

Funny, a lot of talk here about centers not getting any love from the NFL. Yet three were chosen in the first two rounds. Thoughts?

He must get premium twitter too

I know, right? LOL

Pyne is ND’s top recruiter as a current commit & has been working the trail hard the last year. Then you have him being the top QB recruit at a camp that Tyree is the top overall recruit at, everybody has been talking about it. It’s not a secret. Then they take pics together & both post then publicly. It’s not any top secret info.
Everyone knew they would be there together & everybody is paying close attention to their interactions. It’s actually common sense...

but basically we already get prem info from NDAFArley

You’d think you’d at least have his name right by now considering how many times he’s made you look like a fool.

ND - Notre Dame
AFA - Air Force Academy
rly - the only unknown part

You’d think you’d at least have his name right by now considering how many times he’s made you look like a fool.

ND - Notre Dame
AFA - Air Force Academy
rly - the only unknown part

You are 100% correct. The last part was my alias in the AF, a nickname of sorts.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
He “officially” measured over 6’ at two different camps. I guess we will find out when he shows up. But the last two Heisman winners & 1st overall draft picks were just under 6’ & 5’10.

Unfortunately, Drew Pyne runs nothing like last Heisman winner. I'm not worried about a smaller QB in today's game. Book is only 6'0 and he's playing at a high level.

Unfortunately, Drew Pyne runs nothing like last Heisman winner. I'm not worried about a smaller QB in today's game. Book is only 6'0 and he's playing at a high level.

Yeah, I’m curious as to how he will translate. But he’s a hard worker & technician. He can’t control how tall he is or if he was blessed with speed, but he can control his technique & work ethic. So hopefully he carries that chip on his shoulder to ND & is an assassin on the field.

I used to be a ND fanatic And I followed recruiting down to the last few kids on our wish list, then at the last minute kids would switch schools , etc.
Now I just love to watch ND football once the season starts. The best players available rise to the top,
And they are fun to watch develop.
As I get older, Time is the most precious commodity, and I try to us most of on family, and less and less on
Sports.
As far as recruiting goes, I get interested once the kids have all committed, than, I check out their stats,
Film , and watch their development .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT