ADVERTISEMENT

Huge recruiting week for ND

DJ Morgan, who graduated ND in 3 years, is grad-transferring to UCONN, where he will have two years of eligibility left.
Good for him getting that ND Degree & still able to play two more years.

Reactions: Kelso86
DJ Morgan, who graduated ND in 3 years, is grad-transferring to UCONN, where he will have two years of eligibility left.
Good for him getting that ND Degree & still able to play two more years.

Does that get us down to 87?

Does that get us down to 87?

"Does that get us down to 87?"

I am not worried about numbers at this point -- there will be another round of transfers, medical issues where ND will be at the mandatory number of 85 come August 1 -- besides, ND seems to always be lower in August anyway for some reason.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
For you recruiting fans, ND is in the midst of a huge few weeks of visits.

Just in a 3 week span visits from five players who either are, or borderline 5 Stars.
Also 17 4 Star (12 high 4 Star) recruits.
And four guys that are 3 Stars that won’t be soon (they dominated Opening Regional & got blown up with major offers).

By the end of the spring ND could easily have five more big time commits.

Whats the info om xavier watts from omaha. Does he have a commitable offer?

Whats the info om xavier watts from omaha. Does he have a commitable offer?

I don’t think he is leaving the state.
I think he is currently 4/5/6 on ND’s board?
So I think they would take it if he was first. But if a few top targets commit to ND then they might get more picky.

For you recruiting fans, ND is in the midst of a huge few weeks of visits.

Just in a 3 week span visits from five players who either are, or borderline 5 Stars.
Also 17 4 Star (12 high 4 Star) recruits.
And four guys that are 3 Stars that won’t be soon (they dominated Opening Regional & got blown up with major offers).

By the end of the spring ND could easily have five more big time commits.

Love it, I get pumped just reading this. If you had your crystal ball out for those five commitments who would you bet on?

Don’t worry I won’t hold you to it!!!

Love it, I get pumped just reading this. If you had your crystal ball out for those five commitments who would you bet on?

Don’t worry I won’t hold you to it!!!

Mills (high 4 Star DL)
Baker (borderline 5 Star OL)
Christ (4 Star OL)
Murphy (4 Star RB)
Johnson (borderline 5 Star WR)
Bonus: And I think Skoronski would If ND could definitively decide between him & Zinter.

With Murphy I am curious to see how it shakes out because it seems like ND communicating with a lot of RBs they like a lot, so outside of Tyree, not sure if they are accepting RB commitments.

I don’t think he is leaving the state.
I think he is currently 4/5/6 on ND’s board?
So I think they would take it if he was first. But if a few top targets commit to ND then they might get more picky.
Word around here he is pretty high on nd, just see him being down the list for nd.

These linemen seem to be 6 - 6 to 6 - 8 and 300, That's a lot of guy there. Now they just have to collect them!

These linemen seem to be 6 - 6 to 6 - 8 and 300, That's a lot of guy there. Now they just have to collect them!

I personally think ND lands Baker (who will end up close to a 5 Star), Christ (who will end up top 150) & either Skoronski or Zinter (depends on who they push for & who wants on board first).
So I think it will be another great OL class.

Last edited:
I personally think ND lands Baker (who will end up close to a 5 Star), Gentry (who will end up top 150) & either Skoronski or Zinter (depends on who they push for & who wants on board first).
Is it clear what Gentry is going to do about his mission? I saw on the premium board someone asked but I didn't see the answer.

Is it clear what Gentry is going to do about his mission? I saw on the premium board someone asked but I didn't see the answer.

David said he was very confident he would be doing the mission, & felt confident he ends up at BYU.

David said he was very confident he would be doing the mission, & felt confident he ends up at BYU.
I am confused and maybe just not reading your posts right. You think ND gets Gentry even with the mission and David saying he end up at BYU?

I am confused and maybe just not reading your posts right. You think ND gets Gentry even with the mission and David saying he end up at BYU?

My bad.
Instead of Gentry I meant Christ. I’m confident ND lands Christ. And Gentry is going to BYU & his mission.

I personally think ND lands Baker (who will end up close to a 5 Star), Gentry (who will end up top 150) & either Skoronski or Zinter (depends on who they push for & who wants on board first).
Is there any chance they wouldn't take Zinter?

Couple names I have questions on.

Cullen Coleman? Not highly ranked but I think he would be a good get.
Jalen Kimber
Any chance of pulling Eric Shaw out of Alabama?

Is there any chance they wouldn't take Zinter?

Couple names I have questions on.

Cullen Coleman? Not highly ranked but I think he would be a good get.
Jalen Kimber
Any chance of pulling Eric Shaw out of Alabama?

Yes, there is a chance they wouldn’t take Zinter. If they decide they like Skoronski more & he commits, them Zinter could be on the outside looking in.

They are having Coleman on a visit, so they like him enough. Probably keeping him interested in case they decide they want him.

Jalen Kimber is a stud & will shoot up the rankings. ND was in on him early, but now Alabama & local Texas schools are seeing how good he is & all over him.

Have to get Eric Shaw on an OV to have a chance.

Reactions: IowaIrish1
Yes, there is a chance they wouldn’t take Zinter. If they decide they like Skoronski more & he commits, them Zinter could be on the outside looking in.

They are having Coleman on a visit, so they like him enough. Probably keeping him interested in case they decide they want him.

Jalen Kimber is a stud & will shoot up the rankings. ND was in on him early, but now Alabama & local Texas schools are seeing how good he is & all over him.

Have to get Eric Shaw on an OV to have a chance.
Thanks, agree on kimber. Hes gonna be top 100 soon enough.
Hope they get shaw up. I can picture him at rover. I dont even know what teams are recuiting him for.
Id be thrilled in they land zinter. Hope he gets on early

Thanks, agree on kimber. Hes gonna be top 100 soon enough.
Hope they get shaw up. I can picture him at rover. I dont even know what teams are recuiting him for.
Id be thrilled in they land zinter. Hope he gets on early

Was told that Zinter is more polished now, & can play both guard & tackle. But Skoronski is super athletic, and is just now starting to show his potential & has much more upside than Zinter. Day 1 Zinter would be more ready. But at ND, they all will redshirt with who is in front of them. And ND doesn’t need a hybrid guard/tackle in this class. They need a pure guard. Sounds like they both have their qualities, but Skoronski has athletic ability that can’t be taught.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
My bad.
Instead of Gentry I meant Christ. I’m confident ND lands Christ. And Gentry is going to BYU & his mission.
Word. I was very confused for a second at (1) the absence of Christ and (2) the thoughts on Gentry. Thought I had missed a post on the other board.

Was told that Zinter is more polished now, & can play both guard & tackle. But Skoronski is super athletic, and is just now starting to show his potential & has much more upside than Zinter. Day 1 Zinter would be more ready. But at ND, they all will redshirt with who is in front of them. And ND doesn’t need a hybrid guard/tackle in this class. They need a pure guard. Sounds like they both have their qualities, but Skoronski has athletic ability that can’t be taught.
Can't thank you enough for your recruiting info. It's refreshing coming to this board and seeing actual ND football news

Sorry to hear the Morant kid so high on Michigan-------excellent player.

ND is more than fine at Safety.
Arguably the best returning Safety unit in the country (Gilman & Elliott). HG was considered a top Safety but is playing CB because of the depth at Safety. Allen, Hamilton, Ajavon, all top 100 players (Hamilton a 5 Star).
Safety is the last position I’m worried about.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Luke Jones will transfer...
Keep an eye on Javon McKinley...
Shaun Crawford's health will be in question and could cause him to hang it up...
Isaiah Robertson, playing his third position and being beat out by sophomores is a guy I'm looking at...
Kevin Austin needs to keep his act together or he could be at risk...
I always have my eye on Darnell Ewell and what he's up to...
Drew White had another surgery. This time because of a shoulder injury in a skiing accident...
Something has to give at linebacker... Bilal, Lamb, Genmark-Heath, Jones, White, Bauer, Simon, Owusu-Koromoah, Moala, Ekwonu, Kiser, Liufau, Bertrand. Experience and common sense tells be that someone will pull the plug there.

Luke Jones will transfer...
Keep an eye on Javon McKinley...
Shaun Crawford's health will be in question and could cause him to hang it up...
Isaiah Robertson, playing his third position and being beat out by sophomores is a guy I'm looking at...
Kevin Austin needs to keep his act together or he could be at risk...
I always have my eye on Darnell Ewell and what he's up to...
Drew White had another surgery. This time because of a shoulder injury in a skiing accident...
Something has to give at linebacker... Bilal, Lamb, Genmark-Heath, Jones, White, Bauer, Simon, Owusu-Koromoah, Moala, Ekwonu, Kiser, Liufau, Bertrand. Experience and common sense tells be that someone will pull the plug there.

I know a lot of people were VERY surprised Luke Jones left Arkansas to come to ND in the first place.
ND needs Kevin Austin to reach his potential.
At LB, Bilal started last year, so I would guess he’s in the 2-deep this year. Bauer, Lamb & Simon are fighting for starting spots, so they are solid. The staff seems to love Moala at Rover right now. But that still leaves a handful of guys fighting for one or two spots.

Edit: right on cue, Luke Jones was not at practice today & probably won’t return...

Double Edit: it’s official, Luke Jones transferring.

Last edited:
ND could take 4 OL now with Jones leaving.

They could, but it better be the right 4 with who they have on the board for 2021... just get me Baker, Christ, Tengwall and Fisher... the other 3-4 guys they get between those two cycles is just gravy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT