ADVERTISEMENT

Guy’s we will miss Tommy

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
I have stated multiple times I really question the hiring of Parker.

There is nothing on his resume to give me confidence he is the guy to bring ND a championship, if of course that is the goal.

I am a big supporter of Freeman. He must see something behind the scenes that we are not privy too.

Parker is the biggest question mark going into the season.

There is nothing on his resume to give me confidence he is the guy to bring ND a championship, if of course that is the goal.

I am a big supporter of Freeman. He must see something behind the scenes that we are not privy too.

Time will tell !

Reactions: NDinNJ

I have nothing against TR. He was decent. Parker? I don’t know enough to make a statement on him. One thing I can say. Players can make average coaches look great or look bad. We just have to see how things unfold. Back to TR for a second. It was the right move for him to leave. I think he’s still learning and he will only get better under Saban. Who knows ? Maybe sometime down the road , with a lot more experience on his resume, he might end up being NDs head coach. You never know.

Addition by subtraction. The same was said after his playing career at ND was finally over.

Reactions: Airzee23
I’m optimistic that a Parker, Guidugli, & Hartman combination will not only surprise Irish fans, but the college football world.

As for Rees, truly happy for him and hope he succeeds at Bama. I agree with TK, a decade or so from now, the Saban experience may turn out well for the Irish!

One thing Parker has going for him as a quarterback Hartman. I liked Pyne and Buckner but let’s face it Rees had one arm tied behind his back with those two.

Reactions: Zorich 88
One thing Parker has going for him as a quarterback Hartman. I liked Pyne and Buckner but let’s face it Rees had one arm tied behind his back with those two.
Nick Saban disagrees regarding Tyler Buchner.

.....2nd half of Navy game....good riddance to Rees leaving......
Smh

2020: 10-2 beat Clemson, made playoffs

2021: 11-2

2022: 9:4 won Gator (no QB).

Now the greatest college football coach in the modern area hired him to be his OC. Yeah, we will miss him.

Championship is not the goal. Making billions off the backs of unpaid student athletes and naive fans is the goal. They hit their mark consistently.

The thread title does not match the original post. Being unimpressed with the hallway hire does not mean we want the previous hallway hire.

Reactions: francade
ND fans are the only fans in the world who think losing one of their key tenured coordinators to a competitor and replacing him with someone with little to no experience at a fraction of the cost is somehow a net-positive for ND.

Last edited:
I don’t like the Parker hire, although we’ll see how he does before I throw him to the curb, but rees was not an irreplaceable OC. He was masterful at times & terrible at times. I think he’ll do well w/ all that talent at bama, & looking at their schedule, it’s not as daunting as some here make it seem. Their three toughest games are at home (Texas, Tennessee & lsu). Speaking of schedules, Georgia’s is a cakewalk, similar to their last couple years. There’s not a loss on that schedule.

Smh

2020: 10-2 beat Clemson, made playoffs

2021: 11-2

2022: 9:4 won Gator (no QB).

Now the greatest college football coach in the modern area hired him to be his OC. Yeah, we will miss him.
👍

ND fans are the only fans in the world who think losing one of their key tenured coordinators to a competitor and replacing him with someone with little to no experience at a fraction of the cost is somehow a net-positive for ND.
👍

Championship is not the goal. Making billions off the backs of unpaid student athletes and naive fans is the goal. They hit their mark consistently.
You’re lying again !

ND does NOT make billions, your statement is so grossly exaggerated
that one has to question your motives. No need to question your integrity as you’ve already proven yourself to be a liar.

The players are NOT unpaid student athletes, the get a free education, initially worth about $ 400,000 and over their lifetime ….. probably millions.

Lastly, no one forces those student athletes to make the decision to attend ND or any other school.

Reactions: Zorich 88
The thread title does not match the original post. Being unimpressed with the hallway hire does not mean we want the previous hallway hire.
TR is a very good OC. Way too many ND fans complained about TR. Now ND has a guy with less experience at OC than the previous OC.

Not sure what you mean about the “title”.

I believe the ND offense will digress and not improve from last season. The only hope is that Sam can elevate the offense. He alone could make up for Parker’s lack of experience.

I have to agree with you. ND brought in a seasoned DC so why not a seasoned OC???

High level coaching attracts high level talent.

I don’t like the Parker hire, although we’ll see how he does before I throw him to the curb, but rees was not an irreplaceable OC. He was masterful at times & terrible at times. I think he’ll do well w/ all that talent at bama, & looking at their schedule, it’s not as daunting as some here make it seem. Their three toughest games are at home (Texas, Tennessee & lsu). Speaking of schedules, Georgia’s is a cakewalk, similar to their last couple years. There’s not a loss on that schedule.
I have to believe Nick knows what he is doing in paying Tommy 2mil to run his offense. Nick could basically have any OC in the country and he chose Tommy. That alone says how valuable Tommy is and how bright his future is.

And at A&M and if they win those , Ga. I agree with you on ga though. I would take our schedule over bama‘s because we dont have added challenge of CCG. We get a huge break with no ccg, extra time to recover from injuries and avoid what is often the hardest game a team plays all year. But, yeah Ga schedule is pretty pathetic.

Parker will prove to be a better OC than Rees. Rees is solid. Nothing great.

Parker is going to take the offense to the next level this season. We will break the record for most points scored in a season at ND this year

Reactions: IrishMike409
I have to believe Nick knows what he is doing in paying Tommy 2mil to run his offense. Nick could basically have any OC in the country and he chose Tommy. That alone says how valuable Tommy is and how bright his future is.
No it doesn't. There are years of proof what TR has done. It was average. Tommy will do well at Bama. Everyone does.

Who cares. We already saw what he did here. He was solid. Not great not bad

Parker will prove to be the better option

I don't think Rees is that great of an OC yet. He laid a few eggs last year (Marshall, Stanford, 2nd half vs Navy), while also calling some impressive games as well. He was up and down.

Hopefully Parker and Guidugli will do a good job this year.

I have to agree with you. ND brought in a seasoned DC so why not a seasoned OC???

High level coaching attracts high level talent.
I believe Freeman tried to bring in a big name OC. ( Ludwig) But when it came time to pony up the $$$$ from the admin ………. We all know what happened from there.

You bring in the best guy to do the job regardless of experience

BVG has a ton of experience, want him back?
ND “should” be in a position where they can bring in a PROVEN winner.

There is zero reason for ND to bring in a guy that’s a wait and see. By now, ND should be beyond that.

Reactions: francade
No it doesn't. There are years of proof what TR has done. It was average. Tommy will do well at Bama. Everyone does.

Who cares. We already saw what he did here. He was solid. Not great not bad

Parker will prove to be the better option
What proof do you bring to this argument, that Parker will be better than Tommy?

Parker has NOTHING on his resume that proves that. This is simply your opinion based off of zero facts.

What proof do you bring to this argument, that Parker will be better than Tommy?

Parker has NOTHING on his resume that proves that. This is simply your opinion based off of zero facts.
Yes my opinion. Partially because of TR being just average. So the bar isn't extremely high

At best, Parker might maintain what Tommy did. Other than that, I do see the ND offense reaching the next level under Parker. Unless, as I already stated, Sam has a Heisman trophy season.

Yes my opinion. Partially because of TR being just average. So the bar isn't extremely high
An average OC does not bring a team to a playoff. Nick would not hire an average OC to run the offense of a championship pedigree program like Alabama.

Reactions: Pennick4
You gotta be willing to pay high level coaches if you want to win championships
Exactly my point my friend. Also we need to loosen up the requirements for our football players . We need our roster to compete with those of Bama, lsu, Ohio state Georgia.
If that doesn’t happen it doesn’t matter who coaches here they won’t win a national championship. Jmo.

ND “should” be in a position where they can bring in a PROVEN winner.

There is zero reason for ND to bring in a guy that’s a wait and see. By now, ND should be beyond that.
Bama just brought in an okay OC and they are the premier program in the country

What has Hartline proved as OC for OSU
At best, Parker might maintain what Tommy did. Other than that, I do see the ND offense reaching the next level under Parker. Unless, as I already stated, Sam has a Heisman trophy season.
And that is based off your opinion. He hasn't called a game here yet.

An average OC does not bring a team to a playoff. Nick would not hire an average OC to run the offense of a championship pedigree program like Alabama.
Bill Bilichick hired average OCs last year and fired them after 1 year. His pedigree is stronger than Sabans. Every coach on every sport makes mistakes.

Every single one

Is this a joke? Lol

Average head coaches have won National Championships. Multiple

Now you are saying an average OC can't make a Playoff and get blown out?

Wtf are you even talking about

I believe Freeman tried to bring in a big name OC. ( Ludwig) But when it came time to pony up the $$$$ from the admin ………. We all know what happened from there.
Those are just rumors that money had anything to do with missing out on Ludwig or Klein from Kansas St. Ludwig's from Utah and has been coaching there a long time. Maybe he just didn't want to leave. Same with Klein, who's coaching at his alma mater.

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT