ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective and time

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Heals knee jerks and emotional responses.
I now have 2 takeaways that I believe are accurate n indisputable reasons why we lost

1- Parker absolutely must go. This is not learn on the job the guy has no answers for pressure No answers for creative play calling. If freeman keeps him then freeman is fair game and is committing job n career suicide

2- defense. Just did not blitz and played poorly compared to its capabilities and recent performances. In truth tho, the D might be tired of carrying this inept offense

Of note is that Hartman got my respect with his post game Mea culpas. He was genuine, said he played poorly and took the blame.

Reactions: NDinNJ and d1042
Heals knee jerks and emotional responses.
I now have 2 takeaways that I believe are accurate n indisputable reasons why we lost

1- Parker absolutely must go. This is not learn on the job the guy has no answers for pressure No answers for creative play calling. If freeman keeps him then freeman is fair game and is committing job n career suicide

2- defense. Just did not blitz and played poorly compared to its capabilities and recent performances. In truth tho, the D might be tired of carrying this inept offense

Of note is that Hartman got my respect with his post game Mea culpas. He was genuine, said he played poorly and took the blame.
Doesn't change the fact a 6th year player should've been mentally and game planned prepared. He has dropped the ball against OSU,Lville and now Clemson. He's played these ACC teams several times in his career. He messed up the last series against OSU where ND was in control of the game.Mea culpas are after the fact. He could've and should've stepped up in the 1st half.

Doesn't change the fact a 6th year player should've been mentally and game planned prepared. He has dropped the ball against OSU,Lville and now Clemson. He's played these ACC teams several times in his career. He messed up the last series against OSU where ND was in control of the game.Mea culpas are after the fact. He could've and should've stepped up in the 1st half.

How did he mess up the last series against OSU? Are you referring to the 1st down play? I think he did the right thing.

Your "elite" RB didn't gain more than 5 yards in the second half against Clemson.
We were so far behind because of the pick 6 they only gave him 3 carries. Still had 120 total yards and a TD. IMAGINE IF HE HAD A QB

By the way, espn had him as the 2nd best nfl draft prospect as a rb

He didn't put any air on that screen pass. If he does we win
I was more thinking about the first down play but yes that wasn’t the best throw. A good play by that defender though too.

Edit: @Golson5 Do we really wanted to say he “screwed up” because of that? That seems a little harsh. Maybe ND was expecting that DE to charge the QB and a lower throw required because the screen was thrown to the boundary. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I was more thinking about the first down play but yes that wasn’t the best throw. A good play by that defender though too.

Edit: @Golson5 Do we really wanted to say he “screwed up” because of that? That seems a little harsh. Maybe ND was expecting that DE to charge the QB and a lower throw required because the screen was thrown to the boundary. Just a thought.
Defender made a great play.

Sam Hartman did not send out 10 players on defense after a timeout with the game on the line .

Last edited:
Reactions: FightingIrish44
Defender made a great play.

Sam Hartman did not send out 10 players on defense after a timeout with the game on the line .
Agree and he was very accurate that day. A real shame his performance against Clemson. I thought he was a Heisman contender.

I seriously doubt any ND player didn’t even think they were going to win. It was a tough game and a very disappointing performance that resulted in a loss. Fortunately for all of us , the sun rose today and we all went about our business. Sam is a standup guy as we all saw in the presser. There are so many things that MF needs to address. None of it will happen during the season. So as fans we have to stick with it. Two games left. It’s hard to even look forward to the last two games. But they will be played. Hopefully they find a way to win and win whatever bowl they go to. 10-3 is the goal now. It has been a very disappointing season. Not much to do except look forward and hope things improve for Notre Dame football.

I seriously doubt any ND player didn’t even think they were going to win. It was a tough game and a very disappointing performance that resulted in a loss. Fortunately for all of us , the sun rose today and we all went about our business. Sam is a standup guy as we all saw in the presser. There are so many things that MF needs to address. None of it will happen during the season. So as fans we have to stick with it. Two games left. It’s hard to even look forward to the last two games. But they will be played. Hopefully they find a way to win and win whatever bowl they go to. 10-3 is the goal now. It has been a very disappointing season. Not much to do except look forward and hope things improve for Notre Dame football.
Win out. Win a bowl game. Go 10-3.

Reactions: tkirish

Clemson batted down the same play on Saturday by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT