ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia/ FSU

Me too!

;)

You guys are gluttons for punishment. You're not going to change the minds of folks who either don't get it or uphold this cheating. I'll bring up a Russian saying, in good spirit:

1 fool can ask more questions than 10 clever men can answer.

:D

I'm not calling anybody a fool on this board. But many otherwise smart and educated people even push silliness. Again, you won't reach them.

I'll watch these games today. So far I haven't been able to watch an entire game, not even the ND game. Transfers, NIL, volatile coaching changes, athletes who are anything but students? Icing on the cake is to contrive the playoffs for marketing reasons and sheer corruption.

Eh. Not the same anymore.
Joe Montana leading the Irish against Houston. My pop said one of the greatest Irish games he’s ever seen. Fast forward 2023, Does Montana play?

Me too!

;)

You guys are gluttons for punishment. You're not going to change the minds of folks who either don't get it or uphold this cheating. I'll bring up a Russian saying, in good spirit:

1 fool can ask more questions than 10 clever men can answer.

:D

I'm not calling anybody a fool on this board. But many otherwise smart and educated people even push silliness. Again, you won't reach them.

I'll watch these games today. So far I haven't been able to watch an entire game, not even the ND game. Transfers, NIL, volatile coaching changes, athletes who are anything but students? Icing on the cake is to contrive the playoffs for marketing reasons and sheer corruption.

Eh. Not the same anymore.

My daughter came in from Florida form Christmas, and one of her presents was a digital photo album my wife and I put together from her childhood, and her first comment was..
You guys were glutton for punishment.

Not related to my friends on this board who we just simply disagree
What fun would it be if everyone thought like me ;>)

Reactions: banmate6
My daughter came in from Florida form Christmas, and one of her presents was a digital photo album my wife and I put together from her childhood, and her first comment was..
You guys were glutton for punishment.

Not related to my friends on this board who we just simply disagree
What fun would it be if everyone thought like me ;>)

It's all in good fun and sports fellowship.

But I still wince so many support jobbing other teams, not least because of ND getting ironically jobbed in favor of FSU in 1993.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
It's all in good fun and sports fellowship.

But I still wince so many support jobbing other teams, not least because of ND getting ironically jobbed in favor of FSU in 1993.
I gotta admit as far as great social iniquities go, this is pretty low on the totem pole. And no matter how 'shameful' the behavior, and I hate that effin' word, but F it I'm going to use it anyway.... no matter how shameful the committee's behavior, they probably have their strategic reasons, which definitely mean something to them, and they're not just manipulating the proceedings for their health. Like the SEC really does demand to have one of their teams in the playoff, provided they have any possible rationale behind their inclusion, and it sort of ties the committee's hands politically.

But still, it's bullshit. Just let the damn teams, by the traditional criteria get in. The old system was highly imperfect, where W/Ls were the alpha and omega as far as criteria. But if you're only going to have one criterion that ought to be it. The alternative being a full-blown, legit, authentic playoff with automatic bids for the conference champions wherein they can control their own destiny on the field. And they insist on meddling, bringing us the worst of both worlds. A sort of minimally expanded field, and a shitty pseudo playoff, and yet the committee will step in and override the long prevailing conventional wisdom, and shoehorn the SEC champion into the playoff if necessary, in the unlikely event the the old conventions, like going undefeated if you're FSU, can't deliver the goods.

So it's just very annoying...

There really isn't a problem if the ratings remain profitable.

Some games will be blowouts and some will be surprisingly close due to opt-outs. Just like some games were blowouts and some were surprisingly close prior to opt-outs.

I gotta admit as far as great social iniquities go, this is pretty low on the totem pole. And no matter how 'shameful' the behavior, and I hate that effin' word, but F it I'm going to use it anyway.... no matter how shameful the committee's behavior, they probably have their strategic reasons, which definitely mean something to them, and they're not just manipulating the proceedings for their health. Like the SEC really does demand to have one of their teams in the playoff, provided they have any possible rationale behind their inclusion, and it sort of ties the committee's hands politically.

But still, it's bullshit. Just let the damn teams, by the traditional criteria get in. The old system was highly imperfect, where W/Ls were the alpha and omega as far as criteria. But if you're only going to have one criterion that ought to be it. The alternative being a full-blown, legit, authentic playoff with automatic bids for the conference champions wherein they can control their own destiny on the field. And they insist on meddling, bringing us the worst of both worlds. A sort of minimally expanded field, and a shitty pseudo playoff, and yet the committee will step in and override the long prevailing conventional wisdom, and shoehorn the SEC champion into the playoff if necessary, in the unlikely event the the old conventions, like going undefeated if you're FSU, can't deliver the goods.

So it's just very annoying...

I agree. Like I keep saying...it's in your face corruption. A lie is a lie.

And it's annoying and troubling, seeing how so many back the culture of lying.

Hey, this is just college football, but this applies to more serious matters.

It is what it is.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

It is what it is.
🤣

It is what it is.
It definitely applies to more serious matters. And it's definitely more and more in your face, and it feels fairly ominous for the future. But this isn't a politics board so I'll stop there....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT