ADVERTISEMENT

Estime fumbles

That may be true but Pynes performance have not been the same, nor has NDs offensive game plan. Why has AE averaged less than 4.6 against the juggernauts of Marshall and Cal when Pyne had a similar rating as UNLV?
“He would be a great Quarterback if he just didn’t throw it to the opposing team” - Bill Parcels
Because the online wasn’t good until second half of cal with run blocking….. eastd throws have been there every game other than osu

We’re not going to have blown coverages like UNC where pyne can throw it to diggs without a defender within 20yds

pyne has no clue what he’s doing with pre and post reads… all he knows is Mayer most of the time h less Mayer isn’t even an option

Hmm..the 2 games AE had 10+ Carries and averaged 7.9 and 6.9 were when ND QB had a passer rating averaging 178. The three games where he went 2.3, 3.3 and 4.2 passer rating averaged 130, which would Diggs was on par with against UNLV averaging 4.6 with a passer rating of 127. Seems to be a correlation?
You're missing 2 games in there conveniently?

How was Diggs ypc compared to Estime in those 2 games you mentioned the qb played well?

You're missing 2 games in there conveniently?

How was Diggs ypc compared to Estime in those 2 games you mentioned the qb played well?
Enjoying the heavy dose of Diggs! Should have ran the damn ball on 3rd and 3. Great to see Diggs healthy

Estime looking good, strong again

I hate how he is twisting at end of his runs - could lead to fumble

TR with some stones giving AE the rock in the 4th but 2 TD cushion was nice. Good game from AE.

He gave it to him early. Hed be getting it a lot more if he didnt have fumble issues
Big IF when you cost your team possessions, points and potentially games. Hopes he secures it going forward, has the ability to break for big gains.

That's been my point the whole time
And my point has been you have neglected any other factors such as injury, QB performance, run pass ratio, etc. Through 55 minutes, there was no discernible difference between the 2 with Estime averaging 4.9 and Diggs 5. The great late run by Estime was the difference on the stat sheet. I give AE credit for bouncing back with a great game.

And my point has been you have neglected any other factors such as injury, QB performance, run pass ratio, etc. Through 55 minutes, there was no discernible difference between the 2 with Estime averaging 4.9 and Diggs 5. The great late run by Estime was the difference on the stat sheet. I give AE credit for bouncing back with a great game.
The difference is every single game Estime has had the higher ypc in the game. Theyve played 7 games. Diggs missed one. Every single one Estime has had the higher ypc. Thats not a coincidence or due to circumstance

Also Estime finds the endzone. He has 8 running now. Some people have a nose for it. He seems to

The difference is every single game Estime has had the higher ypc in the game. Theyve played 7 games. Diggs missed one. Every single one Estime has had the higher ypc. Thats not a coincidence or due to circumstance

Also Estime finds the endzone. He has 8 running now. Some people have a nose for it. He seems to
Diggs was clearly injured as known to all and stated by the staff (initially expected to miss first 4) , comparing to an injured isn’t black and white along with AE having lower YPC than Diggs in games where passer rating was below 150. I still think Diggs is the better all around back: pass pro, catching, ball security are all pivotal components to the Rb position. We disagree, points have been made. Go Irish

Diggs was clearly injured as known to all and stated by the staff (initially expected to miss first 4) , comparing to an injured isn’t black and white along with AE having lower YPC than Diggs in games where passer rating was below 150. I still think Diggs is the better all around back: pass pro, catching, ball security are all pivotal components to the Rb position. We disagree, points have been made. Go Irish
Estime has the higher ypc in every single game over Diggs

Diggs is healthy last 2 games and he ran 4.6 and 4.2 in last 2 games. That is not good

Do you think Estime could be a 1300 yard rusher next season?
Yeah I do. If he gets control of his fumble issues.

Hes big and powerful and teams get tired of tackling someone like that. But he also has good feet and explosion. Hes not just a battering ram

He has a lot of potential

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yeah I do. If he gets control of his fumble issues.

Hes big and powerful and teams get tired of tackling someone like that. But he also has good feet and explosion. Hes not just a battering ram

He has a lot of potential
Terrific game today

Outside of interceptions, Jameis is one hell of a QB with great arm talent. Either way, think Diggs is better even if Estime wasn’t coughing it up. YPC is not created equal, Pyne had good games against BYU/UNC and the threat of pass was just that. ND threw twice in their final two drives against UNLV.
Estime was and is much better than Diggs

I’d rank him as our 3rd best back, even if he took care of the ball..what is mind blowing is how Tyree is not being utilized at all. He was more effective playing behind Kyren.
Nah. Estime was the best back on the 22 team. Hope you can see that now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT