ADVERTISEMENT

Estime fumbles

He has vision/patience. Yes fumble problems. His blocking and catching is fine. As a pure runner he is so much better than the other 2
Not instinctual at all as a runner. Diggs far superior as a natural running back.

No it's not. We ran better in the 4th when they were stacking the box because they were tired. He wasn't lighting the world on fire in the first 3 quarters
I said because of the fumbles Id play Diggs. But if not for the fumbles, Estime is the better back. He gets more ypc than Diggs, hes more powerful and hes actually faster. He finds the endzone. Its just he cant hold the football so he deserves to sit on the bench. Mcculough needs to work on that with him

Like you said, we all have our opinion. His 40 I saw was 4.8 to Diggs 4.5. Diggs has more wiggle and is just now coming back to full speed. I like them both. They are both solid backs. They are not by any stretch Kyren. That guys was the best back we have had in years and years. Diggs has more instinct on those 4th and shorts. I have not seen him stopped but have Estime a few times. If Estime holds onto the ball, I don’t really have a “crap, I wish they used XX more”. I feel like that with Tryee. So fast. Such a quick first step but it’s like a wind up toy you point in a direction. I would put him on the field in a receiver spot. Too much speed to have him idle.

I’m a big estime fan, think he’s clearly our best back but his fumbles are unacceptable

I’d really like freeman to get in his face and light him up instead of smiling and patting him on the helmet… the kind soft approach is making a soft team

absolute BS
It should be an easy fix.

He didn’t have that problem last season or even early this season.

I believe it’s a case of focus. He is so focused on making a big run every play that he forgets the fundamentals.

Also, it’s definitely not a handicap of his. It’s simply a hiccup. No worries

Diggs has gotten much better these last two weeks. Better speed. Better balance and has gotten some tough 4th down runs. Would agree Estime was the better back early but Diggs seems to have come on late.
That was because Diggs got hurt last year and was still recovering from surgery

I’m in seventies and he still was before my time. But Leahy was legendary about protecting the ball. He was no players coach. Yet his players loved him
My father, who attended ND in the 40s, would have been able to present you with a long list of players who loathed Leahy.

Tyree hasnt broke a big play in forever. He cant cut at all. It takes him forever. Catching out of the backfield yeah but as a runner hes average
Tyree reminds me of Armando “Almost” Allen.

ND fans have been spoiled by many decades of great running backs and offensive line play. Diggs may be the next one, he’s only a sophomore and improving. You simply can’t play Estime right now … he doesn’t protect the football and despite all the hype he doesn’t really punish tacklers and seems to take hits more than he dishes them out. He should see the field sparingly while he cleans up his game.

From a pure running back standpoint Diggs is clearly the most instinctual. Easily the best balance and vision of the three. Estime for sure the most powerful but not a natural running back.
Estimes vision is just as good if not better. His power and speed and explosion is much better than Diggs

He averaged more ypc by a full yard I think. That's a big difference. And he finds the endzone

Estime is the best back on the roster when he can hold on to the ball and it's not close

Reactions: NIN Irish
Like you said, we all have our opinion. His 40 I saw was 4.8 to Diggs 4.5. Diggs has more wiggle and is just now coming back to full speed. I like them both. They are both solid backs. They are not by any stretch Kyren. That guys was the best back we have had in years and years. Diggs has more instinct on those 4th and shorts. I have not seen him stopped but have Estime a few times. If Estime holds onto the ball, I don’t really have a “crap, I wish they used XX more”. I feel like that with Tryee. So fast. Such a quick first step but it’s like a wind up toy you point in a direction. I would put him on the field in a receiver spot. Too much speed to have him idle.
No way Diggs is faster than Estime. I've seen Estime get to the corner and outrun people. Diggs gets caught every time

He's not. He's playing more because he didn't fumble and he is Rees' boy. They are very close
Or because he’s finely healthy and looking great. I know a lot of QBs that woulda been great if they just threw it to their own teammate rather than the opposing team.

Or because he’s finely healthy and looking great. I know a lot of QBs that woulda been great if they just threw it to their own teammate rather than the opposing team.
Estime had more ypc than Diggs the last 2 games even when you are saying Diggs looks good again....

I'm not arguing the fumble thing. You keep going back to that. I said he deserves to sit. I'm talking outside of that

Diggs would have transferred if it wasn't for TR. They have a very close relationship

My father, who attended ND in the 40s, would have been able to present you with a long list of players who loathed Leahy.
No doubt. From a production point of view it’s difficult to argue against the success hard ass coaches like Leahy n Lombardi had. And a lot is overlooked when you are successful

He's not. He's playing more because he didn't fumble and he is Rees' boy. They are very close
Do you think an RB leaves this off-season?

Price will be back
Love will want to play
Limar enters the RB room.
Payne back.

Estime back?
Diggs back?
Tyree back?

Do you think an RB leaves this off-season?

Price will be back
Love will want to play
Limar enters the RB room.
Payne back.

Estime back?
Diggs back?
Tyree back?
My guess is someone or 2 will transfer. I don't know who.

You got

Tyree
Estime
Diggs
Price
Payne
Love
Limar

And Edwards as well but he'll be a slot who also gets some carries I think.

I was a big fan of Price but he's coming off a injury. Estime I really like but fumbles. It's going to be interesting

Reactions: IrishMike409
My guess is someone or 2 will transfer. I don't know who.

You got

Tyree
Estime
Diggs
Price
Payne
Love
Limar

And Edwards as well but he'll be a slot who also gets some carries I think.

I was a big fan of Price but he's coming off a injury. Estime I really like but fumbles. It's going to be interesting
Wow. 2 maybe leave?

I guess when I think about it- I wouldn’t be shocked if 2 of Tyree, Diggs, or Estime leave….

I hope Price is able to come back at full strength. I was excited about him too.

Love is going to play next season, right? Too talented to not earn some touches?

Wow. 2 maybe leave?

I guess when I think about it- I wouldn’t be shocked if 2 of Tyree, Diggs, or Estime leave….

I hope Price is able to come back at full strength. I was excited about him too.

Love is going to play next season, right? Too talented to not earn some touches?
I say 2 maybe because 7-8 guys is a very crowded backfield. I dont know who it would be.

Love will get some touches but I don't think he beats all of them out.

Hopefully hes an early enrollee

Reactions: IrishMike409
I think diggs is slow and runs with average power. He’s always looked a little chubby kinda like tony jones in college. Tony committed himself to change his body in the nfl and it changed him.

estime has unique skills for his size but with 3 crucial fumbles, this will be in his head

tyree is not a rb and we need to stop plowing him into the A gap. He should be in slot and when we have dual rbs

Last edited:
I think diggs is slow and runs with average power. He’s always looked a little chubby kinda like tony jones in college. Tony committed himself to change his body in the nfl and it changed him.

estime has unique skills for his size but with 3 crucial fumbles, this will be in his head

tyree is not a rb and we need to stop plowing him into the A gap. He should be in spot and when we have dual rbs
This is accurate

Estime had more ypc than Diggs the last 2 games even when you are saying Diggs looks good again....

I'm not arguing the fumble thing. You keep going back to that. I said he deserves to sit. I'm talking outside of that

Diggs would have transferred if it wasn't for TR. They have a very close relationship
Outside of interceptions, Jameis is one hell of a QB with great arm talent. Either way, think Diggs is better even if Estime wasn’t coughing it up. YPC is not created equal, Pyne had good games against BYU/UNC and the threat of pass was just that. ND threw twice in their final two drives against UNLV.

Outside of interceptions, Jameis is one hell of a QB with great arm talent. Either way, think Diggs is better even if Estime wasn’t coughing it up. YPC is not created equal, Pyne had good games against BYU/UNC and the threat of pass was just that. ND threw twice in their final two drives against UNLV.
Unlv? They are the worst team on our schedule. 4.6 with all those carries is not good

Diggs has good balance but has no real speed or explosion.

You can hopefully correct fumbling issues it’s much harder to correct physical limitations

You can hopefully correct fumbling issues it’s much harder to correct physical limitations
You fellas clearly watched a different game, loads of articles out there echoing the Diggs sentiments. Perhaps he was RB1 the whole time but was banged up? Either way, the coaching staff sees the same now that he’s healthy but of course it’s cause he and Rees are best buds haha

Best RB is Diggs, hands down. Estime and his fumbles cost us Stanford. I’m glad MF sat him.
What cost ND the Stanford game was not putting up 45+ points. on that defense. Estime's fumble should have been a non factor.

I like all 3 of our RBs. Diggs was #2 behind Kyren, before the shoulder injury. Maybe why you think he is his favorite. If you compare catching ability, vision, speed, between the tackles, LF and AE do everything pretty well. LD just all around has more ability to be 3 down back though I’m comfortable using both for such

Nothing wrong with that. Diggs was a southern boy that was homesick.

It should be an easy fix.

He didn’t have that problem last season or even early this season.

I believe it’s a case of focus. He is so focused on making a big run every play that he forgets the fundamentals.

Also, it’s definitely not a handicap of his. It’s simply a hiccup. No worries
he had 7 carries last year, so not sure if it was an issue

I agree though you can improve on fumble issues. But it definitely comes more naturally for some compared to others.

Reactions: Zorich 88
But it was a MAJOR factor
Not one single coach or analyst left the ND stanford game sayin "if only we hadn't fumbled".. Everyone with simple football IQ new the major issue was pathetic offense and having 100 yards and no points in the first half, then being average in the second half.

I like all 3 of our RBs. Diggs was #2 behind Kyren, before the shoulder injury. Maybe why you think he is his favorite. If you compare catching ability, vision, speed, between the tackles, LF and AE do everything pretty well. LD just all around has more ability to be 3 down back though I’m comfortable using both for such
AE is averaging a yard more per carry and due to his fumble didn't get many carries vs the worst D we've faced this year, especially run D

We all agree Diggs should be the guy right now due to AE Fumble issues, my fear is he'll look like the logan diggs we've seen all season except for one carry vs BYU and UNLV game. Everyone forgets how bad diggs has been this year except for our last game vs a division 2 Defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT