ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing Class

Realize we have multiple 5 stars on this team starting.... kraemer, Hayes, mayer, Hamilton... not all recruiting services had them at 5 star but some.
I’m all for building depth and ok with some 3 stars absolutely, we clearly have found studs as 3 stars but we didn’t this class most likely at corner, DE, or TE
I couldn’t care less about recruiting. ND will get what they get and it’s almost always a solid class. 10-15 in the nation. ND isn’t a football factory like the southern schools. ND could win 30 straight games and they still won’t attract certain guys because they aren’t a good fit.

I couldn’t care less about recruiting. ND will get what they get and it’s almost always a solid class. 10-15 in the nation. ND isn’t a football factory like the southern schools. ND could win 30 straight games and they still won’t attract certain guys because they aren’t a good fit.
Agree with you 50%, there are a lot of great 5 star players Nd offers and feel they are a good fit at Nd. The problem is the players done feel they are a fit or want to go to Nd. That’s the big problem, many 5 stars would fit in at Nd, they just don’t want to or believe they can. Kelly isn’t doing a good job changing that other than oline.

Agree with you 50%, there are a lot of great 5 star players Nd offers and feel they are a good fit at Nd. The problem is the players done feel they are a fit or want to go to Nd. That’s the big problem, many 5 stars would fit in at Nd, they just don’t want to or believe they can. Kelly isn’t doing a good job changing that other than oline.
Wow you are clueless. Many of the top kids don't want to go to class. That dog doesn't hunt at ND.

Wow you are clueless. Many of the top kids don't want to go to class. That dog doesn't hunt at ND
That doesn’t mean they can’t get into ND, and we can’t shop in that aisle. It’s on Kelly and staff to sell the school. He’s doing a good job, to be great we have to land more game changers.
I’m not saying it’s easy for ND, but Kelly himself said we can have top 5 classes. Need 5 star game changers to get there.

That doesn’t mean they can’t get into ND, and we can’t shop in that aisle. It’s on Kelly and staff to sell the school. He’s doing a good job, to be great we have to land more game changers.
Hes doing a great job, not a good job

I’m not saying it’s easy for ND, but Kelly himself said we can have top 5 classes. Need 5 star game changers to get there.
It isn't like the majority of this class didn't have boatloads of offers from everyone.

It's hard to make a "shopping down a different aisle" argument when you have the 7-8th ranked class in the country.

Not interested in kids that don't want to go to class. You should find another team to root for.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Hes doing a great job, not a good job
He's gotta be one of the least appreciated coaches out there. People forget what a near dumpster fire this program was.
Ill be the first to admit that a few bonehead moves were costly(BVG and sticking with the weight-conditioning coach).
It will be interesting to see what direction the school will go when he retires

Not interested in kids that don't want to go to class. You should find another team to root for.
You really think half the kids in nds roster “want” to go to class?

kids want to live in Tuscaloosa or south bend?

it’s a sales job, Nd is probably right for a lot of kids that just don’t realize it.

There’s about 3-5 players that I have absolutely no idea why we pushed and received a commitment from, they just don’t have upside or enough ability now.

Just watch their video. berrong, he plays like a good HS TE that peaked his sophomore year of HS
What besides running a 4.53 40, 4.26 shuttle, and 36" vertical would you like to see him do? Every coach in America wanted to see if he could block so he went out and worked on his blocking and was the feature blocker in an offense that had 3200+ yards rushing between 2 backs. The offense he plays in is a run first offense and the QB play is much to be desired. However in camp settings such as the Future 50 he shows his ability as a receiver. Did you ever realize that Berrong looked much better as a receiver his sophmore year because his high school team could not effectively run the ball?

Last edited:
There’s about 3-5 players that I have absolutely no idea why we pushed and received a commitment from, they just don’t have upside or enough ability now.

Just watch their video. berrong, he plays like a good HS TE that peaked his sophomore year of HS
You should send your player evaluations into Polian. 😜There are only 100 other programs wishing they had ND's class!

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT