ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t realize Freeman was 14-7 overall as a head coach

There is no relevance to your post, but there is to the one I responded to
What? Yeah there is. You compared him to Urban Meyer, I guess largely just to insult or belittle him in some bitchy little way, and I asked you to back it up with some kind of relevant substance, and now you're just copping out.....

Or maybe not, your post is so terse and obscure I'm not even sure wtf you're talking about....

What are you talking about?? How would BK as the all-time winning coach at ND(!).... compare to UM who never took the job to start with, for whatever reason, he didn't think he could win here, but who the hell really knows.....

Where is the relevant or apt comparison?
......even though the recent rise of the word 'forever' used
As in the way UM said ND was his dream job...

What? Yeah there is. You compared him to Urban Meyer, I guess largely just to insult or belittle him in some bitchy little way, and I asked you to back it up with some kind of relevant substance, and now you're just copping out.....

Or maybe not, your post is so terse and obscure I'm not even sure wtf you're talking about....
I wasn't comparing him to Kelly

Last edited:

Kelly doesn't need my help he belittle himself more than enough times on his own

Again.....congratulation isn't your strong suit btw how's the BK blow up doll working out for you.
You've now made four successive, semi-intelligible posts first bashing my inability to properly appreciate your apparent nuance, or something, that I failed to grasp regarding BK, then bashing BK straightaway, and then finishing up with bashing me for not bashing Kelly. And you even managed to get in an oblique 'I must be gay' taunt, even in this hyper woke age where that kind of online talk can get you canceled. But I hate woke bullshit so intensely that I'm almost glad to be on the receiving end of that kind of meathead retort....

Aside from that, I think we're done here....

Kelly doesn't need my help he belittle himself more than enough times on his own
Jesus Christ dude, now you deleted that post. I'm not going to report you! And you weren't going to get blacklisted on this tiny little football free board over something so minor, and quite frankly so stupid and corny. I just mentioned it because you never see that anymore. It was like a breath of fresh air....

And you ruined that too. If I ever have any doubts that I'm giving BK too much credit, it's threads like this that remind me to feel no qualms and keep staying the course. I've never seen a bunch of haters do such a piss-poor job of denigrating someone's character in a way that might actually resonate....

You've now made four successive, semi-intelligible posts first bashing my inability to properly appreciate your apparent nuance, or something, that I failed to grasp regarding BK, then bashing BK straightaway, and then finishing up with bashing me for not bashing Kelly. And you even managed to get in an oblique 'I must be gay' taunt, even in this hyper woke age where that kind of online talk can get you canceled. But I hate woke bullshit so intensely that I'm almost glad to be on the receiving end of that kind of meathead retort....

Aside from that, I think we're done here....
You got Kelly living in your head......I hope you're charging rent.
My first repose to your post was in (as the same way UM used the word dream job about ND)
you respond as if I'm dogging Brian Kelly going as far as if I was comparing the two.
Then I posted i wasn't comparing the two
And then you came back as if I was still dogging Kelly an that I was digging in to belittle him even though we both know he does that enough himself
Now I did post about a blow up doll but I'm not sure where gay has anything to do with it....my meaning was that you need him around probably to get him out of your head....but I delete that because that was a bit much

Its funny how this went from a reply to your post agreeing the way some words are used to chompping it to bits to put Kelly down and being gay......
Got to love the internet

Jesus Christ dude, now you deleted that post. I'm not going to report you! And you weren't going to get blacklisted on this tiny little football free board over something so minor, and quite frankly so stupid and corny. I just mentioned it because you never see that anymore. It was like a breath of fresh air....

And you ruined that too. If I ever have any doubts that I'm giving BK too much credit, it's threads like this that remind me to feel no qualms and keep staying the course. I've never seen a bunch of haters do such a piss-poor job of denigrating someone's character in a way that might actually resonate....
I thought you were done......did Kelly just tell you only losers are done?

I thought you were done......did Kelly just tell you only losers are done?
I'm sorry, I just noticed you deleted your post with the blow-up doll reference, on account of you're such a chickenshit. Even though I was basically complimenting you on it. Like that was the one worthwhile thing you said.

Anyway.....

I'm sorry, I just noticed you deleted your post with the blow-up doll reference, on account of you're such a chickenshit. Even though I was basically complimenting you on it. Like that was the one worthwhile thing you said.

Anyway.....
You think I deleted that because i was scared (you don't know me that well) and you were complimenting me on it?

You bring up Brian Kelly in relation to something I was agreeing with you on that nothing to do with Brian Kelly.
Then I'm hating on Kelly
Then I'm scared
Then you state your done with this subject only to comeback not once but twice
I believe that says more about you than me

You think I deleted that because i was scared (you don't know me that well) and you were complimenting me on it?

You bring up Brian Kelly in relation to something I was agreeing with you on that nothing to do with Brian Kelly.
Then I'm hating on Kelly
Then I'm scared
Then you state your done with this subject only to comeback not once but twice
I believe that says more about you than me
Oh you mean that's not why you deleted it? I guess it was only because such a well-spoken and distinguished man of discriminating tastes, that upon further reflection you felt such puerile insults were beneath you....

And now you're reduced to denigrating my character, on account of how I said we're done here and yet I nevertheless added more posts, and that somehow speaks volumes. I must not be a man of my word, eh? Like I say, you guys are truly, truly terrible when it comes to this sparring and back and forth. I've never seen people represent themselves so poorly. But you always start out with a losing hand with the BK bashing. You got no real cards to play....

I listened to Brady Quinn at length two days ago, and he buys it against Louiville. Three consecutive Saturday night Prime Time games in a row, starting with Ohio St., in his opinion played a significant factor in the last game.
Freeman has played a much tougher schedule than BK. That should even out over time.

Based on being 13-7 after 44-6 and two CFB Playoff berths from 2018-2021, I certainly hope so.
Kelly should be credited for taking care of business against the basketball schools. It is actually hard to go that long without an upset. But Kelly never had them undefeated on the road at night week after week.

Likewise the SC rivalry has always been streaky. Kelly started and ended at the bookends of an ND winning streak.

Kelly should be credited for taking care of business against the basketball schools. It is actually hard to go that long without an upset. But Kelly never had them undefeated on the road at night week after week.

Likewise the SC rivalry has always been streaky. Kelly started and ended at the bookends of an ND winning streak.
Saturday night is huge for Freeman. Don't go 13-8.

Oh you mean that's not why you deleted it? I guess it was only because such a well-spoken and distinguished man of discriminating tastes, that upon further reflection you felt such puerile insults were beneath you....

And now you're reduced to denigrating my character, on account of how I said we're done here and yet I nevertheless added more posts, and that somehow speaks volumes. I must not be a man of my word, eh? Like I say, you guys are truly, truly terrible when it comes to this sparring and back and forth. I've never seen people represent themselves so poorly. But you always start out with a losing hand with the BK bashing. You got no real cards to play....

I can see this is very difficult for you and I know you are not"woke" but you sure come off fragile.
Yes after reflection I did think the doll post was a bit much take it or leave it, but your hemophilia took it somewhere else.
I put the Kelly doll in to the conversation because you can't have a conversation without him in it.....but as a support friend not what ever fetish that lives within you
This spare started off with an agreement with you. It had nothing to do with Kelly in fact you brought Kelly into it then you say it's done but, you can't leave it alone. Pretty soon I'm going to be living in your head.

How long will ND keep a .666 coach..?

depositphotos_546413958-stock-illustration-abstract-hand-drawn-seamless-pattern.jpg

I can see this is very difficult for you and I know you are not"woke" but you sure come off fragile.
Yes after reflection I did think the doll post was a bit much take it or leave it, but your hemophilia took it somewhere else.
I put the Kelly doll in to the conversation because you can't have a conversation without him in it.....but as a support friend not what ever fetish that lives within you
This spare started off with an agreement with you. It had nothing to do with Kelly in fact you brought Kelly into it then you say it's done but, you can't leave it alone. Pretty soon I'm going to be living in your head.
Really, 'fragile', that's what you're reaching for now? I feel like I'm pretty vigorous, and express myself thusly, and fragility would not be something that comes to mind if you were perusing my posts. Especially after I shout about how much I hate woke bullshit, even though you couldn't be anymore left-wing than me.... and moreover everything about woke consciousness and woke sensitivity is synonymous with psychological fragility...

As far as you agreeing with me, I'm still lost as to what you mean by that. Your little allusion to UM was an awkward potshot at BK, if that's what you mean, and wouldn't in any way be in sympathetic agreement with anything I was expressing. And just wouldn't be apt at all to even reference or mention, whether you're a BK hater or not. It's just a non-sequitur.....

In any case, you seem to determined to want to condescend to me, regardless of how complete your failure to say anything that might put me in my place. So if you respond to this post here, I'll consider that you getting the last word in, and you can feel good about that, and we can let it die.....

Really, 'fragile', that's what you're reaching for now? I feel like I'm pretty vigorous, and express myself thusly, and fragility would not be something that comes to mind if you were perusing my posts. Especially after I shout about how much I hate woke bullshit, even though you couldn't be anymore left-wing than me.... and moreover everything about woke consciousness and woke sensitivity is synonymous with psychological fragility...

As far as you agreeing with me, I'm still lost as to what you mean by that. Your little allusion to UM was an awkward potshot at BK, if that's what you mean, and wouldn't in any way be in sympathetic agreement with anything I was expressing. And just wouldn't be apt at all to even reference or mention, whether you're a BK hater or not. It's just a non-sequitur.....

In any case, you seem to determined to want to condescend to me, regardless of how complete your failure to say anything that might put me in my place. So if you respond to this post here, I'll consider that you getting the last word in, and you can feel good about that, and we can let it die.....
LMFAO at you

An awkward potshot at Kelly? I never mentioned him. If it was a potshot at Kelly it wouldn't be awkward
....condescend? You are fragile
And the fact you say you're still lost....SHOCKER!

Brutal record. Not his fault. I wouldn’t turn the job down either. Jack’s legacy will be atrocious. It was simply a politically correct hire. ND needed a coach with head coaching experience.
Jack’s legacy is pretty secure and lofty !

Kelly put him in a terrible situation.

But, I do fault him for not going the interim route

Reactions: deadirishpoet
And Marcus Freeman, unlike Brian Kelly who took over a dumpster fire, inherited a football program that was 44-6 in its previous 50 games, with two CFB playoff berths from 2018-2021.
And BK had lots more experience...and a 4-8 record in the middle of his tenure AFTER he had built up his program...what's yer' point.

I am merely suggesting that 14-7 is not great by any means, but the predecessor, who had all the success and experience everybody here says is necessary still struggled at first...

Finally, BK had an opportunity to ease into the job...Freeman gets handed to him right before a bowl game...

And don't worry, sj, I'm not throwin' shade on yer' boy...simply pointing out a meaningful comparison...

Yeah, but dude, he was taking over for a shitty CW program that was a shambles. And it was a total paradigm shift, and he had us in the title game by year three. MF was taking over an annual playoff contender, and the hope presumably was he going to not fix what wasn't broken, and keep the program at about the same level. Even though obviously he would have to assert his own leadership and vision.

Or at least that would have been the hope. And it's not playing out that way thus far. It's not a disaster, and the OC fiasco was a totally self-inflicted situation, and could easily be rectified.... but still a definitely step down and step backwards for the program as of today....
All true...but BK had the experience and the success that everyone seems to believe is needed to succeed here, and he still struggled - and don't forget, AFTER he had six years to build his program, he went 4-8.

My point is that coming in to take over this program doesn't usually mean immediate success, unless you're Armenian

A few things are quite obvious.
MF is still learning how to be a “head coach”. He looks like a coordinator on the sidelines.

ND offense is horrible. We had “ fools gold” through the first four games. They just played 3 quality opponents and the offense struggled mightily in each game against good competition. The offensive line is “ offensive “

I’m starting a prediction thread for next week right now. There is ZERO chance they beat SC. Hartman is an ok QB , not a difference maker. He is somewhere between Book and Pyne.

MF isn’t going anywhere. So I’m not calling for his resignation or replacement. I just hope he somehow gets better and starts to look and truly become a head coach.
This post didn’t age well, lol.

This post didn’t age well, lol.
Agreed on some of it. I was definitely off on the SC game. ND’s offense was horrible. Specifically against good teams. I believe I was and still am accurate on MF learning on the job. As far as SH goes. He was very good against inferior competition. Against the better teams, he didn’t play so well.

Agreed on some of it. I was definitely off on the SC game. ND’s offense was horrible. Specifically against good teams. I believe I was and still am accurate on MF learning on the job. As far as SH goes. He was very good against inferior competition. Against the better teams, he didn’t play so well.
Given the WR room that was collectively uninspring, an OC that was certainly challenged, and an OL that collectively struggled all season, I am simply thankful for what "SH" did accomplish.

Reactions: tkirish
Given the WR room that was collectively uninspring, an OC that was certainly challenged, and an OL that collectively struggled all season, I am simply thankful for what "SH" did accomplish.
Give it a rest

The way I look at it is this. The struggles in the short term are going to be a catalyst for major improvements long term. Yesterday is history and tomorrow a mystery. But there is hope and it is real. Go Irish !!

As long as you or anyone else continues to point to Sam Hartman as the #1 or main reason the Notre Dame offense struggled all of 2023, I will respond.

That offense had numerous problems.
About 115 QBs would have loved to have his "problems"

Just didn't get it done. Good season but not good enough. We needed better

About 115 QBs would have loved to have his "problems"

Just didn't get it done. Good season but not good enough. We needed better
WR Room-- "We Needed Better."
Gerad Parker-- "We needed better."
Offensive Line Play-- 'We needed better."

I get it.

Reactions: Bob Rodes
WR Room-- "We Needed Better."
Gerad Parker-- "We needed better."
Offensive Line Play-- 'We needed better."

I get it.
Yes and QB we needed better. You finally got it

We got Leonard this year so things are looking up

I've never seen a bunch of haters do such a piss-poor job of denigrating someone's character in a way that might actually resonate....
That's a fine bit of writing, actually. You manage to pack a great deal of invective into a single sentence. Taut and well crafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT