ADVERTISEMENT

WBB is a mess

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Plenty of talent. Ivey is not a good coach. It’s obvious. She has had time to prove herself but she is not the answer. The team is undisciplined. Turnovers. Poor defense. No identity. There is enough talent to be top 8-10 no problem. We need a big center/ forward but the main problem is the head coach

Plenty of talent. Ivey is not a good coach. It’s obvious. She has had time to prove herself but she is not the answer. The team is undisciplined. Turnovers. Poor defense. No identity. There is enough talent to be top 8-10 no problem. We need a big center/ forward but the main problem is the head coach
Freezing cold take

Reactions: BGI User 756
Cintron finally came alive in the 2nd qrt. Hannah is awesome. Id keep Marshall in over Watson she is giving max effort while Watson seems to just be stuck in place. Bransford is role player not a starter. If ND gets Miles back they would have a great backcourt. And next year Ivey has a couple legit bigs coming in could be primed for a title run if they can stay healthy.

Garbage.

well what do you have to say now?

Notre Dame has a week front court which is Ivey's fault to an extent.
But she is recruiting excellent bigs so she is working on it
I am not yet convinced of how good she is as a gameday coach but in pretty much all other areas she is doing well

Reactions: theskibro
Don’t think so. I like Ivey. I just don’t think she is top shelf in key areas. The game vs UConn is a nice win but don’t be fooled by the many miscues n turnovers The second half was pretty solid. First half not. This team has a lot of talent n potential. It’s very frustrating to see poor play in first half and this kind of play has happened a few times this season against teams we should have beat.

well what do you have to say now?
I still feel same. See comment It’s about discipline, defense and motivation. These are 3 areas where I think Niele can improve.
She is solid just missing a few things that I hope she can improve on. If she does, and she keeps recruiting like she has, watch out

Big win on the road against the number 8 team. Not to mention that it is UCONN which by itself is always a big game. After the disappointing loss to Syracuse, this was a must win. When it mattered most, the ladies stepped up and delivered. Great win. Let’s hope it gives them momentum for the remainder of the season. Go Irish !!

Big win on the road against the number 8 team. Not to mention that it is UCONN which by itself is always a big game. After the disappointing loss to Syracuse, this was a must win. When it mattered most, the ladies stepped up and delivered. Great win. Let’s hope it gives them momentum for the remainder of the season. Go Irish !!
The only team more decimated by injuries in WCBB than Notre Dame is UConn.

The only team more decimated by injuries in WCBB than Notre Dame is UConn.
But they have a more talented roster overall so what is your point?

And it is interesting you are making excuses for a team that had won 13 straight up to that point

Reactions: PHJIndy
Don’t think so. I like Ivey. I just don’t think she is top shelf in key areas. The game vs UConn is a nice win but don’t be fooled by the many miscues n turnovers The second half was pretty solid. First half not. This team has a lot of talent n potential. It’s very frustrating to see poor play in first half and this kind of play has happened a few times this season against teams we should have beat.
Again. I will stick to my original response. A garbage thread topic.

A little too early for the "garbage" label. Geno would have a different opinion about now. When you beat UConn on the road, you're proven your worth, no matter the circumstances. Geno has players on the bench that could play anywhere!

As Long as our ladies are shooting well they can play with pretty much anyone. BUT in any game against a real quality opponent they are toast if they go cold

As Long as our ladies are shooting well they can play with pretty much anyone. BUT in any game against a real quality opponent they are toast if they go cold
You can say that about anyone, men's CBB or women's CBB.

Ski…too much Irish whisky last night? I think Ivey is a damn good coach. We are weak at the center position, and injuries have hurt big time this season. Hate the IF game, because we live in the here and now. But IF, we hadn’t lost Citron and Miles to injuries, this team would be in the top ten. As for the here and now, we have a true freshman playing point carrying This team on both ends of the court. We’re not nearly as crisp with our passing because Hidalgo is not a pass first point guard, but rather a score first point. Others tend to stand around because of this and they often get the ball when she is stopped, and time is running short. This leads to poor movement, poor ball handling by non guards, which makes us easier to defend. We badly miss Miles ball handling and pass first mentality, and it shows. Citron is knocking the rust off, and she needs to handle the ball more and give Hidalgo some time playing off the ball, but nothing will replicate the movement and ball handling we enjoyed with Miles at point.

Ski…too much Irish whisky last night? I think Ivey is a damn good coach. We are weak at the center position, and injuries have hurt big time this season. Hate the IF game, because we live in the here and now. But IF, we hadn’t lost Citron and Miles to injuries, this team would be in the top ten. As for the here and now, we have a true freshman playing point carrying This team on both ends of the court. We’re not nearly as crisp with our passing because Hidalgo is not a pass first point guard, but rather a score first point. Others tend to stand around because of this and they often get the ball when she is stopped, and time is running short. This leads to poor movement, poor ball handling by non guards, which makes us easier to defend. We badly miss Miles ball handling and pass first mentality, and it shows. Citron is knocking the rust off, and she needs to handle the ball more and give Hidalgo some time playing off the ball, but nothing will replicate the movement and ball handling we enjoyed with Miles at point.
I agree with you regarding the injuries to Notre Dame WBB. That said, UConn could say the same regarding injuries.

Aged well

Notre Dame Nation:

I see that we have some on this board that seemingly express their expertise at times, whether it be football, basketball, lacrosse or baseball. I for one am a Notre Dame University and sports fan. Love to see our teams enjoy success, no matter the sporting arena. There were comments made that Coach Ivey was not a top tier coach. This young lady played for Notre Dame and won a national championship, she coached and won a national championship, coached in the NBA, has close to a 71% winning percentage as a head coach. She is more than qualified, not to mention the injuries that she has dealt with the past two years. She has made no excuses, but I want to give her flowers now, and never want to take things for granted.

Coach Ivey can coach with the best of them and is a proven commodity. Call me crazy, but I believe that she will continue to bring in some of the best players in the nation and will within the next few years win a national championship as Notre Dame's head women's basketball coach. If you are not a fan of our women's basketball team, take a moment and watch them, especially of note that we have a generational talent - Hannah Hildalgo (The next great one). To sum up this very talented young lady's ability - She Is A Beast!!!!

Go Irish!!!!!!

Notre Dame Nation:

I see that we have some on this board that seemingly express their expertise at times, whether it be football, basketball, lacrosse or baseball. I for one am a Notre Dame University and sports fan. Love to see our teams enjoy success, no matter the sporting arena. There were comments made that Coach Ivey was not a top tier coach. This young lady played for Notre Dame and won a national championship, she coached and won a national championship, coached in the NBA, has close to a 71% winning percentage as a head coach. She is more than qualified, not to mention the injuries that she has dealt with the past two years. She has made no excuses, but I want to give her flowers now, and never want to take things for granted.

Coach Ivey can coach with the best of them and is a proven commodity. Call me crazy, but I believe that she will continue to bring in some of the best players in the nation and will within the next few years win a national championship as Notre Dame's head women's basketball coach. If you are not a fan of our women's basketball team, take a moment and watch them, especially of note that we have a generational talent - Hannah Hildalgo (The next great one). To sum up this very talented young lady's ability - She Is A Beast!!!!

Go Irish!!!!!!
Always nice to see a relative of Coach Ivey post here.

funny, I can go into NBA finals and NCAA Final fours and find games won by teams that shot much worse than others
yeah SJB is just trolling. Uconn shot 43% it wasnt like they were ice cold. The game was tied midway through the 3rd. It was a couple possession game early in the 4th. He's just mad ND won.

Yes TelX. It’s not the whisky. It’s the frustration of seeing turnovers n bad defense in the first half.
I agree that Ivey is solid. There are some areas where I see she can get better tho.

Chalk my post up to frustration with this team.

Injuries have hurt and still we have talent and can compete but when we come out flat against cuse n some beatable teams, that’s on Niele imo

Once we get Miles back n get that new recruit who is big post player, we will be tough

I’m looking forward to going to watch in late February when they play va tech n Louisville

I guess an 82 - 67 win against #8 UCONN is not good enough for you --

But then again, you're not a good poster, so, it all evens out. lol

Yes TelX. It’s not the whisky. It’s the frustration of seeing turnovers n bad defense in the first half.
I agree that Ivey is solid. There are some areas where I see she can get better tho.

Chalk my post up to frustration with this team.

Injuries have hurt and still we have talent and can compete but when we come out flat against cuse n some beatable teams, that’s on Niele imo

Once we get Miles back n get that new recruit who is big post player, we will be tough

I’m looking forward to going to watch in late February when they play va tech n Louisville
ski….i share your frustration. The recent loss to Syracuse was hard to watch. Our center play drives me nuts. Not for lack of effort, but the lack of touch around the basket. This year will be challenging, but as you say, we should be a top ten team next year and beyond.

Reactions: d1042
ski….i share your frustration. The recent loss to Syracuse was hard to watch. Our center play drives me nuts. Not for lack of effort, but the lack of touch around the basket. This year will be challenging, but as you say, we should be a top ten team next year and beyond.
I think Marshall has potential but still raw. She took some big steps vs Uconn and hopefully that gives her confidence to play at a higher level. Watson is in a funk just looks lost at times.

Reactions: Telx1
funny, I can go into NBA finals and NCAA Final fours and find games won by teams that shot much worse than others
Who cares....So what.....Singling out the Notre Dame Women as being vulnerable on cold shooting nights, as opposed to other teams, is ludicrous.

I guess an 82 - 67 win against #8 UCONN is not good enough for you --

But then again, you're not a good poster, so, it all evens out. lol
Kelso. I’m stunned you think I suck as a poster. You turn on theskibro? Oh the pain.

Pennick and I get together for holidays to mend slings n arrows. Maybe you should join us.

Who cares....So what.....Singling out the Notre Dame Women as being vulnerable on cold shooting nights, as opposed to other teams, is ludicrous.

They are especially vulnerable because of how weak their front line is.
Just how stupid are YOU?

Hey Ski…damn fun watching this team play DEFENSE! Ivey has them playing to their potential, and that’s a tribute to her as a coach, and to the players will and effort. Hope we can make it to the sweet 16, but that’s asking a lot of a six person rotation. Never would have thought we would put this kind of stretch together when you first posted. No longer frustrated!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT