ADVERTISEMENT

Debunking the Recruiting Lies

You’re spot on. Recruiting sites are running a business so they need to rank 100’s of kids but after the top 50-100 it gets highly subjective. There are difference makers every year and then there’s a massive amount of guess work. was it muffet or dawn staley that said recently, you need to get the top 3 recruits and after that it’s a toss up. Football is different but similar. Based on the way ga/ Ala/OSU have been recruiting and hitting the portal I don’t see the big gains we’ve made under freeman. And the guys we needed most last year, Moore(s), keely, Bowen,Edward’s , we lost.
And you didnt mention any of the guys we landed

Let’s focus on the Georgia game.

ND without Book ran for 28 yards, repeat, 28 yards in 11 attempts !

And you’re going to represent that the OLine did their job ?

And Book still threw for 62 % and two TD’s

YOU’RE CLUELESS !

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL !
Shhhhh!!! Too loud in here boys.

And you didnt mention any of the guys we landed
I don't think he's knocking the players we have. I think he's saying we're not getting the players we need to win National Titles. Guys like Keon Keeley, Dante Moore, etc are program changers. They can take your team from good to great. Look at ND football for the past 20 years. Good teams but not great. When we have had the opportunity to play the elite ('Bama, Clemson, UGA & Ohio State) we lose. Most of the time by a significant margin. A friend of mine was at the 2012 Natty game when we played 'Bama. He said there was a noticeable difference between ND players and 'Bama players. 'Bama was bigger, faster and stronger. Nearly 50% of Bama and UGA's recruiting classes are composite, top-100 football players. ND is averaging 3.3 per cycle at roughly 9-15%.

Reactions: baron100
I don't think he's knocking the players we have. I think he's saying we're not getting the players we need to win National Titles. Guys like Keon Keeley, Dante Moore, etc are program changers. They can take your team from good to great. Look at ND football for the past 20 years. Good teams but not great. When we have had the opportunity to play the elite ('Bama, Clemson, UGA & Ohio State) we lose. Most of the time by a significant margin. A friend of mine was at the 2012 Natty game when we played 'Bama. He said there was a noticeable difference between ND players and 'Bama players. 'Bama was bigger, faster and stronger. Nearly 50% of Bama and UGA's recruiting classes are composite, top-100 football players. ND is averaging 3.3 per cycle at roughly 9-15%.
I think everyone who watched that game saw the same thing. We've closed the gap simce then but still another gap to get to

Reactions: Ndapolis1
I think everyone who watched that game saw the same thing. We've closed the gap simce then but still another gap to get to
What’s the evidence that we’ve closed the gap? Last year we were 9-4 with loses to two teams we were 20 pt favorites at home. And a L vs usc that virtually no one anticipated pre season. Are you saying we closed the gap based on the 2023 class or the 22 class? Not when I compare them to what Ga and Ala brought in. So what’s the gap you’re referring to?

What’s the evidence that we’ve closed the gap? Last year we were 9-4 with loses to two teams we were 20 pt favorites at home. And a L vs usc that virtually no one anticipated pre season. Are you saying we closed the gap based on the 2023 class or the 22 class? Not when I compare them to what Ga and Ala brought in. So what’s the gap you’re referring to?
Based on our record from 15 to 23.

You can't base something off 1 season. That would be silly

Alabama absolutely destroyed us in 12. It was over after the 2nd snap. We've competed well over the years with Georgia and OSU and Clemson. The gap isn't as big as it was then. That was the grand canyon. It's not anymore

Based on our record from 15 to 23.

You can't base something off 1 season. That would be silly

Alabama absolutely destroyed us in 12. It was over after the 2nd snap. We've competed well over the years with Georgia and OSU and Clemson. The gap isn't as big as it was then. That was the grand canyon. It's not anymore
So, when you say the gap you’re specifically comparing our putrid performance vs ALA in 2012 to today? in that case I agree we have closed that gap, somewhat. Problem is SC may have leapfrogged us in 1 yr post Helton, Ga has gotten better over the last 2 years and so has OSU. MICHIGAN has improved and LSU and Tenn have both gotten better. i see some improvement since 2012 but not enough and it’s taken us 8 yrs to do what others have done in 2-3. when I look at this yrs likely starters I see 9-10 GR’s and a number of sr, including our rental qb, so I think we win 11 this year. It’s next year and the following that I’m unsure of. Finishing 10th/11th in recruiting rankings is where we were throughout bk regime and that’s cmf‘s best attribute as a coach.

Reactions: adrian1477
So, when you say the gap you’re specifically comparing our putrid performance vs ALA in 2012 to today? in that case I agree we have closed that gap, somewhat. Problem is SC may have leapfrogged us in 1 yr post Helton, Ga has gotten better over the last 2 years and so has OSU. MICHIGAN has improved and LSU and Tenn have both gotten better. i see some improvement since 2012 but not enough and it’s taken us 8 yrs to do what others have done in 2-3. when I look at this yrs likely starters I see 9-10 GR’s and a number of sr, including our rental qb, so I think we win 11 this year. It’s next year and the following that I’m unsure of. Finishing 10th/11th in recruiting rankings is where we were throughout bk regime and that’s cmf‘s best attribute as a coach.
While it is true SC out recruited ND this year, “leapfrog” my be a pick too strong.

ND ranked 12th in recruits, USC ranked 8th in recruits

Overall USC ranked 7th, ND ranked 11th.

Overall ND averaged 91.21, USC ranked 90.91

Recruit USC averaged 91.68 ND averaged ND 91.14

I’m not sure if these stats include the five-star recruit SC signed on March 30th. 2023.

These are pretty narrow gaps. Although SC did better, I don’t see a drastic gap.

Who the teams names are, thats irrelevant.

If you compare us against the elites (whoever they are) to where we are now against the elites, the gap has closed significantly.

Is there still a gap, yes absolutely. Specifically Bama and Georgia. Anyone else we are right in the ballpark with. So we still need to get that gap closed, yes absolutely.

It's just not as wide as it used to be. That's my point

While it is true SC out recruited ND this year, “leapfrog” my be a pick too strong.

ND ranked 12th in recruits, USC ranked 8th in recruits

Overall USC ranked 7th, ND ranked 11th.

Overall ND averaged 91.21, USC ranked 90.91

Recruit USC averaged 91.68 ND averaged ND 91.14

I’m not sure if these stats include the five-star recruit SC signed on March 30th. 2023.

These are pretty narrow gaps. Although SC did better, I don’t see a drastic gap.
The leapfrog was in reference to the sc win this year and the improvement they made in yr 1 with Riley. Agree on your recruiting pts but I was specifically talking to teams that have gotten better/ closed “ gap” with ga/Ala maybe OSU.

The leapfrog was in reference to the sc win this year and the improvement they made in yr 1 with Riley. Agree on your recruiting pts but I was specifically talking to teams that have gotten better/ closed “ gap” with ga/Ala maybe OSU.
1 year doesnt make a leapfrog.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Qb matters immensely… we didn’t have one and could have beat SC but a few little things didn’t go our way, that’s while USC has the best qb…. We closed the gap not completely but a lot vs usc this year and moving forward

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't get that at first.

1 year doesnt make a leapfrog.
I believe I said “ may have” and it was in reference to the fact sc beat us and improved considerably in yr 1 under Riley. Bottom line, I see nd and sc a lot closer to each other then either team is to Ala/ga

I believe I said “ may have” and it was in reference to the fact sc beat us and improved considerably in yr 1 under Riley. Bottom line, I see nd and sc a lot closer to each other then either team is to Ala/ga
i think that is accurate

A five star QB, receiver, and DT to compliment a deep class last year is a good recipe for success.Go Raiders!

Last edited:
where in any aspect of life or society do you still observe commitment or integrity? are you one of the sleeping Sheeple?

wake up!
I observe it and I practice it in my personal life and I seek it as a measure of character in the people that I choose to associate with.

Notre Dame is an academic institution, not a minor league franchise of the NFL. Maybe it is more important to recruit kids that can flourish academically at ND than it is to "back off the current restrictions."
👍

We lost to Marshall. We lost at home to Cincinnati the year before. Still losing to teams that we should not. Even though our talent level is better.

We lost to Marshall. We lost at home to Cincinnati the year before. Still losing to teams that we should not. Even though our talent level is better.
I still dont understand why ND played so badly at times. There must have some internal issues going on or something. Some of the worst ND performances I've seen in years

I still dont understand why ND played so badly at times. There must have some internal issues going on or something. Some of the worst ND performances I've seen in years
superior talent usually wins out. But coaching matters and we have a rookie HC so to be expected really. Hopefully enough was learned last year to eliminate humiliating loses ie marshall/Stanford. Don’t think Dabo/Riley/day are shaking in their boots when cmf name is brought up. Hopefully in time that changes

superior talent usually wins out. But coaching matters and we have a rookie HC so to be expected really. Hopefully enough was learned last year to eliminate humiliating loses ie marshall/Stanford. Don’t think Dabo/Riley/day are shaking in their boots when cmf name is brought up. Hopefully in time that changes
After last years drubbing, maybe dabo should be.

Pretty simple. New staff that didn’t prepare for the letdown post OSU. Same with exam week against Stan

Tulane may disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT