ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson vs BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever plays QB for Clemson will be a player. Obviously Lawrence is way better but DJ is no slouch, he can sling it.

Phil throws kinda ugly passes. They seem to float sometimes or have eyes of their own but he puts them where his receiver can make a play. Book has been inaccurate and is at a 50% completion rate. BK like he has on the past needs to evaluate what happened there and what he needs to bring on to develop our young stud coming in.

ND had an established starter. PJ chose to transfer rather than wait his turn. That's his prerogative according to the rules. Nobody did anything wrong in this situation, I don't know why people insist on playing this "What if" game.
I think the issue is that Book has regressed and hasn’t shown that he is basically a game manager. Jurkovic looks to be a leader and overall he has way more upside and talent. It’s BK being afraid to to play the best player because an upperclassman is the starter. Also BK’s inability to develop Book and all the other qb’s.

Reactions: BigHoss28
Phil throws kinda ugly passes. They seem to float sometimes or have eyes of their own but he puts them where his receiver can make a play. Book has been inaccurate and is at a 50% completion rate. BK like he has on the past needs to evaluate what happened there and what he needs to bring on to develop our young stud coming in.
That’s because they don’t spin properly!

Now that's a throw. Good lord.

If ND does see DJ, gotta hope to force some TOs based on inexperience, or maybe due to his first real cold weather game...because he'll be throwing rockets around otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent Banjo
50% ?

BC needs to run the ball and score consistently from here.

Boston College might have better receivers than us.....thats pretty sad to say. Esp with Austin and Lenzy out

Put all your thoughts here please
I think removing the Zone Read from our offense will make it much more difficult to run between the tackles. Book can scoot, and if he could only learn how to simply fake a hand-off and keep it to the outside, it would hold the DE's from crashing down. By keeping the DE's honest, it gives the RB a little more room and time to make their cut. I am sure ND will have a great game plan and perhaps the gnashing of teeth over this issue will be a non-factor. It's amazing to see Phil do so good when he is prone to interceptions, can't read defenses, can't learn a playbook and doesn't have touch on his short passes. It does raise those same old questions about Kelly and his relationship with QB's in his system.

BC needs to run the ball and score consistently from here.
Unfortunately they can’t run the ball this season. That’s why Phil has been so impressive this season (IMO). He’s the offense for BC!

I did not get to see the first quarter however my opinions of Phil during the 2nd and 3rd qtr are he is inconsistent. He make some good throws, throws the ball into triple coverage in other chances and then makes some bad throws in the dirt when he receiver is open. When he's "on" he plays well however when he not "on" he is below average. It's really tough to play for championship level team when your QB is that inconsistent on a series to series basis. He's in a great place at BC. I with him continued success except against the Irish!

Never ceases to amaze me how a team can take the lead playing a certain way - BC throwing the ball on first and second down, but then go to a different style once the have the lead - run the ball and then throw on 3rd down when it is expected.

Reactions: spf84
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT