ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson vs BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I bet he’d trade all those empty stats for 1 SB ring

winning > stats
Lol...so you’re arguing that Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco were better quarterbacks because they handed it off and had all time great defenses...interesting take. I‘d definitely pick Trent Dilfer if I was starting a franchise. Hopefully we can ride more 12-7 wins on the way to the NC.

Phil's lack of running threat remains the most surprising thing to me. Straight ahead he seems ok, but he's not really a dynamic runner at all. That was something I thought we could count on for sure.

Agree. I thought he would become a more fluid runner. Not elusive in the least.

Damn Phil was way too excited on that last drive. Twice on that drive he let the ball get away from him.

Reactions: BGI User 756
You can have him!!! Typical Phil under pressure throws a terrible pas...

I mean, yeah, agreed. I'm no apologist, I just like to think I'm being honest about things. This thread needed knee pads for Phil, because he had a good 1st half where EVERYTHING went his way. He's now like 2-9 in the 2nd half with a Clint Stoerner play and just missed a wide open receiver for a go ahead TD down the sideline. Book would be getting crucified for all of that. If you have watched Phil play, in this game or others, and you can't understand where Kelly was coming from, I think you're seeing what you want. That doesn't mean you have to agree with the decision--there's plenty to be said about going with the bigger potential--but let's not act like it was Ian Book vs some guaranteed, and now confirmed, star here.

And if Phil still manages a comeback, good for him, I don't wish anything bad for him, other than against the Irish.
he's a gamer, he's very capable of beating Notre Dame

BC offfense is playing well. Jurkovec is throwing the ball pretty well so far. I absolutely can't stand BC, but I think Jeff Hafley is a really good offensive mind. Loving some the route combos so far and he has an EXCELLENT downfield passer at QB.
Hafley is a defensive coach.

Hadley would be one to keep an eye on if he makes that program a winner and I like what I see so far.

i was thinking recently that clemson was going to cream our irish on the 7th but the eagles making this a 4 qtrs game gives me hope now that our irish can pull off the upset next saturday. clemson maybe not have it's top linebacker again and now not having thomas for the first half could be huge for our irish

Reactions: BGI User 756
i was thinking recently that clemson was going to cream our irish on the 7th but the eagles making this a 4 qtrs game gives me hope now that our irish can pull off the upset next saturday. clemson maybe not have it's top linebacker again and now not having thomas for the first half could be huge for our irish
BC exposes them for Kelly .....ND at home ......Book spinning it. Going to be a tough afternoon on Clemson.

Not going to mention any names but a starter in the team told me after the playoff game how awesome of a guy and leader Phil is and how talented he is, and he would like to see him be the guy the next season.0

Ok, that is not contrary to anything I have shared. Good kid, talented ...leader... but he wasn’t playing better than IB

I think the issue is that Book has regressed and hasn’t shown that he is basically a game manager. Jurkovic looks to be a leader and overall he has way more upside and talent. It’s BK being afraid to to play the best player because an upperclassman is the starter. Also BK’s inability to develop Book and all the other qb’s.

Yet all the QBs that transferred did nothing until PJ

It could be recruiting more than development

It seems to be in the head

I did not get to see the first quarter however my opinions of Phil during the 2nd and 3rd qtr are he is inconsistent. He make some good throws, throws the ball into triple coverage in other chances and then makes some bad throws in the dirt when he receiver is open. When he's "on" he plays well however when he not "on" he is below average. It's really tough to play for championship level team when your QB is that inconsistent on a series to series basis. He's in a great place at BC. I with him continued success except against the Irish!

This is true. Wouldn’t know it from most on this board. They don’t see the bad throws from PJ

You were the one touting Franklin as a great coach a couple seasons ago...change your mind yet?

I didn’t say he was a great coach. I said he was a good coach with more big wins than BK. Change your mind on our defense giving up explosive plays too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT