ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Williams

Its been coming for some time and only really frustrating due to the complete lack of alternative options.

Walker likely headed to Michigan also.

WR recruiting is a catastrophe this year
Austin, Styles, Colzie, Lenzy, and Mayer are a formidable group. Our offense is going to dominate and we will get top recruits and transfer wide receivers who will want to come to ND. Build it and they will come.

Reactions: r2p2
I never had that problem. In 2007 when the Irish were 0 and 6 I paid $25 to see the Irish beat UCLA on ppv.
That was one of the the few games I missed over the years. So it was legitimately not on regular TV? I always thought after the fact that I had somehow missed what channel it was on.

58 snaps in 8 games with 4 catches. But that means he didn’t RS and that was 8th out of USC WRs in snaps and 9th in receptions. USC bringing in more transfers to play over him. Heard a rumor he may transfer. ND offered likely immediate PT in the slot. Guess that’s what you get for going to Transfer U.

Reactions: BGI User 756
58 snaps in 8 games with 4 catches. But that means he didn’t RS and that was 8th out of USC WRs in snaps and 9th in receptions. USC bringing in more transfers to play over him. Heard a rumor he may transfer. ND offered likely immediate PT in the slot. Guess that’s what you get for going to Transfer U.
Yes, I have heard we will enter the portal very soon. Haven't checked today as to whether he did. We brought in Singer so that moves him down another slot. He just couldn't get to the top of our WR room

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelso86
Wow, pulling out threads from 2021. It must be the off season, well, it seems like both schools were wrong on a recruite

Yes, I have heard we will enter the portal very soon. Haven't checked today as to whether he did. We brought in Singer so that moves him down another slot. He just couldn't get to the top of our WR room
Yea, read where CJ officially entered the portal --

We need a safety or two, a DT and a pass rusher, and maybe, maybe a top guard if it is an upgrade over who is on the roster. I don’t think bringing in CJ after he broke up with us is a need. Let him transfer to UCLA so he is not far from home.

I highly doubt his credits would transfer. Based on the class we have coming in, the way James played in the UA game. Greathouse, Flores, Kaleb Smith x2, Merriweather, Styles, Clozie, etc., I highly doubt Williams would see the field much. I personally like Greathouse and James a lot more. Maybe he could compliment Styles at slot, but Flores and Smith are supposed to be outstanding slot guys. Styles is poised for a breakout year after the common sophomore slump. Hell, I am sure Salerno is better than CJ Williams.

I highly doubt his credits would transfer. Based on the class we have coming in, the way James played in the UA game. Greathouse, Flores, Kaleb Smith x2, Merriweather, Styles, Clozie, etc., I highly doubt Williams would see the field much. I personally like Greathouse and James a lot more. Maybe he could compliment Styles at slot, but Flores and Smith are supposed to be outstanding slot guys. Styles is poised for a breakout year after the common sophomore slump. Hell, I am sure Salerno is better than CJ Williams.
Salerno is not better than Williams

Yeah okay. Just like hartman is better than Stroud. Debating with an idiot
Hartman is better college QB than Stroud based on facts, single season data, etc. My guess is Salerno is better too, but that one I'm not willing to argue strongly about.

Depends on which stats you are looking at. He threw for more yards with less talent around him.
He threw the ball more times. And he had less TDs, more ints, worse comp %, worse passer rating.

Stroud has 85 Tds in 3 years
Hartman has 110 in 5 years

If Stroud stayed 2 more years hed obliterate the records and blow past Hartman mid next year

Its not close

If they pmayed the same amount of games Stroud would have 60 more TDs than him

He threw the ball more times. And he had less TDs, more ints, worse comp %, worse passer rating.

If Stroud stayed 2 more years hed obliterate the records and blow past Hartman mid next year

Its not close

We will see about that on September 23.

Based on him jetting out of his commitment to ND right before signing day, he can blow his smoke up another schools ass this time.
Agree. In fact, I think it’s a nice reminder to recruits in the ‘24 class. You get one shot at ND. You can always transfer out of ND, you don’t get to transfer in. Choose right the first time.

ND was his second Choice is HS. IIRC he was once committed to ND then?
Don’t need. Don’t want. Hope ND ignores him
I believe a kid should get one chance to pick ND. It should be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Its not close

not saying Hartman is better, but you have to factor in that Stroud has been throwing to probably 4 NFL 1st round, top 10 type receivers at OSU, if not more. Jameson Williams couldn't get on the field at OSU, their receiver room is so stacked. O-line is not shabby either. Wake hasn't had a receiver drafted since 2014, and that was a 7th rounder.

QBs from OSU have mostly been busts in the NFL

Its not close

If they played the same amount of games Stroud would have 60 more TDs than him
Stroud only has 81 TD passes in basically 2 years -- in 2020, he did not throw any TD's (although, he did rush for 1 in 2020) -- lol

But to your point -- he sticks around for another year -- he would easily would easily blow past Hartman's stats.

No traction with CJ, is what I'm hearing. Staff reached out, but no real interest, Visiting Wisconsin of all places. (We have several guys who can do what he does, if we do bring in another receiver, it should be a real burner. Will Fuller type.)

No traction with CJ, is what I'm hearing. Staff reached out, but no real interest, Visiting Wisconsin of all places. (We have several guys who can do what he does, if we do bring in another receiver, it should be a real burner. Will Fuller type.)
I think the door at wide out is pretty much closed unless megaton hits the portal.

Reactions: Kelso86
not saying Hartman is better, but you have to factor in that Stroud has been throwing to probably 4 NFL 1st round, top 10 type receivers at OSU, if not more. Jameson Williams couldn't get on the field at OSU, their receiver room is so stacked. O-line is not shabby either. Wake hasn't had a receiver drafted since 2014, and that was a 7th rounder.

That’s because the receivers at OSU are better than NFL receivers and OSU plays in the BIG

In addition, how many O-line man have been drafted compared to OSU? I watched Wake play this year on several occasions witnessing SH running for his life or there was some sort of jail break in the back field. He had limited time in the pocket

beach:

off 1 1/2 recruiting cycles, it would seem the in general CLR is NOT a great recruiter and that Grinch as a recruiter is abysmal. As a bad recruiter who is a bad coach that puts Grinch a rung lower than Ron Zook!

Williams is afraid of going to a place where he wouldn’t play a lot again. ND is not a guaranteed PT. Wisconsin probably is. Wisconsin will now be passing 65% of the time under Fickell.

beach:

off 1 1/2 recruiting cycles, it would seem the in general CLR is NOT a great recruiter and that Grinch as a recruiter is abysmal. As a bad recruiter who is a bad coach that puts Grinch a rung lower than Ron Zook!
I disagree about Lincoln but agree re Grinch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT