ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Williams

A lot depends upon who CLR has as silents. SC needs linemen, lots of them. SC is still after TMac and a few other 5* WR’s.
An Incredible situation to have 3 position commits 2 days prior to signing day. And SC ain’t alone. ND is very fortuitous, given they were also on the coaching carousel.

nothing against Williams as this just says how good the other kid is but i've read today where he and new irish verbal Rhett competed against each other in a camp this past summer and that Rhett won the matchup pretty easily

nothing against Williams as this just says how good the other kid is but i've read today where he and new irish verbal Rhett competed against each other in a camp this past summer and that Rhett won the matchup pretty easily
Yea Rhett absolutely locked him down. It wasn’t even kind of close. Would still love to have him given our lack of depth at WR, but we will be fine either way.

A lot depends upon who CLR has as silents. SC needs linemen, lots of them. SC is still after TMac and a few other 5* WR’s.
An Incredible situation to have 3 position commits 2 days prior to signing day. And SC ain’t alone. ND is very fortuitous, given they were also on the coaching carousel.
You are right but: Two lineman who were planning to leave are coming back after the Riley hire. I think we have a good shot at a Virginia lineman in the transfer portal. The plan is to get linemen fro the portal especially since we have no line coach (BB from Okie told Riley he was coming and changed his mind).

But it cettainly is a critical need.

Yes we are still after TMC but I have no reason to feel optomistic.

You are right but: Two lineman who were planning to leave are coming back after the Riley hire. I think we have a good shot at a Virginia lineman in the transfer portal. The plan is to get linemen fro the portal especially since we have no line coach (BB from Okie told Riley he was coming and changed his mind).

But it cettainly is a critical need.

Yes we are still after TMC but I have no reason to feel optomistic.
I think the wife changed ‘their’ minds! Happy wife, happy life. the opposite is not so much fun.

what is the record least number of recruits any top 125 team has signed for a class?

what is the record least number of recruits any top 125 team has signed for a class?
Well at least before COVID you get 25 per year and 85 total. Plus if you had rides left over, you can count EE's against the prior year's class. So I would guess low 30's.

SC is going to lose players to the transfer portal and plans to get a high percentage of their class from the transfer portal. We are focused on trying to get high quality guys rather than total numbers on Wednesday.

Beach - how tied into the Cardinal program are you? I ask because my niece just got a full scholly to Stanford for softball. I flew out to help get her settled in. What a great campus.... and quite large.

I thought PSU was the biggest campus I've ever seen, but Stanford has to be be largest. The older / historic part is beyond beautiful!

Beach - how tied into the Cardinal program are you? I ask because my niece just got a full scholly to Stanford for softball. I flew out to help get her settled in. What a great campus.... and quite large.

I thought PSU was the biggest campus I've ever seen, but Stanford has to be be largest. The older / historic part is beyond beautiful!
The Stanford program? Other than having friends go there I know nothing. Great school, great campus, great degrees. One thing, the kids that do there are not exactley from the in group in high school. They can be a bit strange. The athletes are generally more normal. I thought of transfering there and have been there many times.

There Leland Stanford Junior farm is giant, as yoou said. As you know Lelend gave the land after his son died. The is (was?) even a clause in the Cal Consitution limted liquor stores in the area. Also there are (were/) no sarorities and the school since a girl, who did get in commited suicid by jumping off the Hoover tower. But they had the same thing just calling them house, even though they acted as greek.

By the way. Congrats to your daughter. That is quite an accomplishment.

Last edited:
Thanks! The campus is spectacular. I am going out in March to see her and stay at the Menlo Park Residence Inn (i say that because I have a ton of Marriott points).

When I went out in September, we had dinner at Sundance the Steakhouse. That was awesome!

I just wish their football program was not so awful this year.

Last edited:
Thanks! The campus is spectacular. I am going out in March to see her and stay at the Menlo Park Residence Inn (i say that because I have a ton of Marriott points).

When I went out in September, we had dinner at Sundance the Steakhouse. That was awesome!

I just wish their football program was so awful this year.
They may be back. Great area up there. If you have time drive to San Francisco. It is worth it. I don't get up there much. Stanford is over 350 miles from LA and about 400 miles from where I live in Newport Beach. People forget how big California is. It is about the same size as Great Britian.

They may be back. Great area up there. If you have time drive to San Francisco. It is worth it. I don't get up there much. Stanford is over 350 miles from LA and about 400 miles from where I live in Newport Beach. People forget how big California is. It is about the same size as Great Britian.
I second San Francisco. Also Alameda too. Drive up the mountain by the Golden gate Bridge and go to Muir woods. Bike around if you can the golden gate shoreline, cross the bridge and go south to Sausalito. Beautiful area.

I second San Francisco. Also Alameda too. Drive up the mountain by the Golden gate Bridge and go to Muir woods. Bike around if you can the golden gate shoreline, cross the bridge and go south to Sausalito. Beautiful area.
Gotta check our Muir Woods. Insanely beautiful and one of the coolest places to hike. God I love that area.

Reactions: Telx1
I'm a Bay Area native living in OC. And yeah people are clueless how big CA is. I was talking to someone from Wisconsin at a workshop and she thought I was close to Oakland after telling her I was in OC.

Where about sin OC are you
Fullerton. But I spent a lot of years in the SD area. More familiar with SD than OC.

On a separate note, if you're into high quality meats, I'd check out The Butchery. You got 2 close by in Costa Mesa and Crystal Cove. Bought 2 bone in NY steaks today and grilled them over some charcoal and man were they delicious.

Fullerton. But I spent a lot of years in the SD area. More familiar with SD than OC.

On a separate note, if you're into high quality meats, I'd check out The Butchery. You got 2 close by in Costa Mesa and Crystal Cove. Bought 2 bone in NY steaks today and grilled them over some charcoal and
I know them. Pricey but top quality. If in crystal cove eat at motto mio best Italian food ever
man were they delicious.

Reactions: Coleykane10
Beach I went to OCC for a couple years. Played football and baseball there (baseball coach passed away with kobe in helicopter).. lived off jamboree and the 405

I don’t have any inside info but I find it interesting we are holding on to Del (for now) and we seem to be holding on to both the California and Louisiana wide receivers (for now)

Both were wavering prior to the coaching changes

Beach I went to OCC for a couple years. Played football and baseball there (baseball coach passed away with kobe in helicopter).. lived off jamboree and the 405
I knew coach Alto. I was very involved in baseball here in the OC. I have a freind who played for the Angels that walked with him every day. I also live off Jamboree in Newport Beach. Small world.

I knew coach Alto. I was very involved in baseball here in the OC. I have a freind who played for the Angels that walked with him every day. I also live off Jamboree in Newport Beach. Small world.
Small world indeed beach. I am born and raised in Omaha. Reside in milwaukee now tho. Appreciate your SoCal insight! ☘️

Small world indeed beach. I am born and raised in Omaha. Reside in milwaukee now tho. Appreciate your SoCal insight! ☘️
Thanks used to have a client in Milwakee (A.O. Smith) and loved the biggest toruist trap bar in the city. The safe house. Don't know why, really like that place.

The Rivals ND board has a report that CJ will sign with USC. He has decommitted from ND

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: r2p2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT