ADVERTISEMENT

Carr is Irish!

While I also think Carr can be really good, it’s not because Golson says so. I was never a believer in Buchner and disagreed with him relentlessly that he had any business leading the team. Carr has more credibility. He can make all the throws and is a vocal leader. While I like Angeli, Minchey, transfers, and Deuce, it doesn’t really matter imo, this team is getting handed to CJ next year and for the 2 after that.
I agree with you, but let's not get crazy over 1 scrimmage. Carr definitely has the potential and skill to be a stud, but he needs to prove it and 1 scrimmage doesn't.

Calling him a stud after 1 scrimmage as Golson has is foolish and shows his stupidity.

Reactions: Terry Jillery
With third stringers around him as well. He needs to keep developing but don’t act like it’s not a good sign to have your true frosh qb succeeding in practice.
So let me ask, how is that different from Angeli and Minchey playing well against 2nd teams last season with 2nd team players around them?

Many on here have said Angeli and Minchey only put up numbers against 2nd team defenses to diminish their accomplishments, yet with Carr going against 3rd team D with 3rd team players in a scrimmage is somehow different and he is subsequently called a stud.

Last edited:
So let me ask, how is that different from Angeli and Minchey playing well against 2nd teams last season with 2nd team players around them?

Many on here have said Angeli and Minchey only put up numbers against 2nd team defenses to diminish their accomplishments, yet with Carr going against 3rd team D with 3rd team players in a scrimmage is somehow different and he is subsequently called a stud.
we get it
you want anyone but Carr to succeed

Reactions: Golson5
I agree with you, but let's not get crazy over 1 scrimmage. Carr definitely has the potential and skill to be a stud, but he needs to prove it and 1 scrimmage doesn't.

Calling him a stud after 1 scrimmage as Golson has is foolish and shows his stupidity.
He's been a stud since high school. 1 jersey scrimmage is not why Im saying it. I'm saying it because it is and has been true.

Reactions: Terry Jillery

2nd and 3rd string. Not just 3rd. Be accurate

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
You can only beat the guys they line up against you. He's doing that. The bigger thing with CJ is he's going through his progressions at a higher level right now.

Carr has that "in command" demeanor....teammates feed off of that. Kid has a very high ceiling. I think he is going to be special.

Reactions: Golson5
we get it
you want anyone but Carr to succeed
Not true, Im just not ready to call him a stud. People on this forum are delusional at times. Golson calling Buchner and a few others over the years studs. Guys starting threads about Hartman winning the heisman last season. Let it play out, he's been on campus all of 4-5 months.

I didn’t say it was different. Minchey and Angeli are solid and could start for us at some point. By all accounts Carr looks better than them at the same points though, if not better than them right now.

Not true, Im just not ready to call him a stud. People on this forum are delusional at times. Golson calling Buchner and a few others over the years studs. Guys starting threads about Hartman winning the heisman last season. Let it play out, he's been on campus all of 4-5 months.
I think he meant Hartman for Hairyman!

• Haha
Angeli is not as talented as Carr. Will Carr be a stud? I have no ****ing idea. But there are some obvious physical upside differences between a 3 star and a 5 star talent. Angeli is not as physically gifted as Carr from what anyone can tell. Do not kid yourself in thinking this isn’t common sense. This isn’t rocket science. There’s always exceptions of course, but if Angeli was Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes, i think we’d have some whisper by now. I haven’t read about the scrimmage. Didn’t even know about it. Just going off of what I have heard and seen. Sounds like from posts I just read he did fine. Good to hear.

Angeli is not as talented as Carr. Will Carr be a stud? I have no ****ing idea. But there are some obvious physical upside differences between a 3 star and a 5 star talent. Angeli is not as physically gifted as Carr from what anyone can tell. Do not kid yourself in thinking this isn’t common sense. This isn’t rocket science. There’s always exceptions of course, but if Angeli was Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes, i think we’d have some whisper by now. I haven’t read about the scrimmage. Didn’t even know about it. Just going off of what I have heard and seen. Sounds like from posts I just read he did fine. Good to hear.
Please post more often.

We are fortunate to have you here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT